BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nick Harris' latest tweet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was Dave Whelan who said something wasn't right and not some tired hack?

Nixon said it before the deal was even signed, before it had even become common knowledge just who the buyers were. There's a thread started at the time, one of the takeover threads, that contains his post. Can't be arsed to search it out, but it's there.

EDIT: take it back, there doesn't seem to be any threads here now dating back later than 2012 (unless there's some archive I'm not aware of), you' ll have to take my word for it.

Tired old hack does seem appropriate now, but at the time, approximately October 2010 when the thread started he was very much on the ball with regards to Rovers.

I will rephrase it as simply as possible. If you knowing the truth comes at the cost of blackburn being:

1) relegated 1 division

or

2) expelled from the football league

would you still want to know the truth?

Extreme examples rarely prove much. If the truth is such that we would be expelled from the Football League how big would the "problems" be? You really think issues that big can be swept under the carpet indefinitely?

So "yes" I want the truth to come out whatever it is.I think long-term not short-term. I don't base my views on the last performance or the newest signing. I don't forgive Kean/Agnew/ Shaw/ Singh and above all Venkys for what they have done to my Club and I never will.

Last post on this thread from me.

So long term you think the club is better off being relegated or entering administration whilst those of us that disagree only do so because of our latest signing/performance?? What a well thought out and balanced argument that is.

Look at other examples of punishments for financial wrongdoing specifically in relation to league/FA rules and you will see that relegation is a typical punishment whilst if we are to believe that "the dossier" is real then expulsion is a very real possibility.

Incidentally criticising our owners and then referring to rovers as "my Club" - comedic genius - hopefully it was intentional :wstu:

Extreme examples rarely prove much. If the truth is such that we would be expelled from the Football League how big would the "problems" be? You really think issues that big can be swept under the carpet indefinitely?

So "yes" I want the truth to come out whatever it is.I think long-term not short-term. I don't base my views on the last performance or the newest signing. I don't forgive Kean/Agnew/ Shaw/ Singh and above all Venkys for what they have done to my Club and I never will.

Last post on this thread from me.

I think this is the classic Catch-22. If the truth helps to destroy the club do we all feel better about it? I suppose the Action Group could run regular trips to Chorley so folk can get their football fix.

At the moment we don't know if anything is being swept under the carpet. Nobody seems willing to say anything in public that actually accuses anyone of anything.

The bottom line is that relegation to League One would be something the club would probably never recover from. The finance required to support the modern day club is much greater than when we last played at that level.

Nobody can argue that Venky's have been anything other than a disaster for this club. However, is it worth killing the club to get rid of them? The trick is to get rid of Venky's but still have a viable Championship club and I'm not sure how that can be done.

I think this is the classic Catch-22. If the truth helps to destroy the club do we all feel better about it? I suppose the Action Group could run regular trips to Chorley so folk can get their football fix.

At the moment we don't know if anything is being swept under the carpet. Nobody seems willing to say anything in public that actually accuses anyone of anything.

The bottom line is that relegation to League One would be something the club would probably never recover from. The finance required to support the modern day club is much greater than when we last played at that level.

Nobody can argue that Venky's have been anything other than a disaster for this club. However, is it worth killing the club to get rid of them? The trick is to get rid of Venky's but still have a viable Championship club and I'm not sure how that can be done.

Cant argue with that PB.

So long term you think the club is better off being relegated or entering administration whilst those of us that disagree only do so because of our latest signing/performance?? What a well thought out and balanced argument that is.

Look at other examples of punishments for financial wrongdoing specifically in relation to league/FA rules and you will see that relegation is a typical punishment whilst if we are to believe that "the dossier" is real then expulsion is a very real possibility.

Incidentally criticising our owners and then referring to rovers as "my Club" - comedic genius - hopefully it was intentional :wstu:

Another controversial newbie with no manners. No response from me.

The likeliest scandal to break will reveal Rovers to be in the hands of naive dolts.

I think the arguments about what the fans would prefer between having a club in community ownership playing in the Conference and a club tainted with scandal and a standing joke have already been gone through repeatedly.

Most fans on this message board would take the former but as I say I don't think it will come to that if all that breaks is what I think could be coming. Of course once one thing is in the open their could be a chain of revelations.

I will rephrase it as simply as possible. If you knowing the truth comes at the cost of blackburn being:

1) relegated 1 division

or

2) expelled from the football league

would you still want to know the truth?

Er yes ... Are you blowing bling n bong or what?

Just right now and in respect of the 2 years of hell, I just want us to be out of the headlines.

even if the truth is hidden and protects the chicken trough of filth ?

The truth whatever it is should come out and I'd rather watch rovers at a Sunday morning pub league at flabby testicle utd than at a hidden truth man utd

So you would rather live a lie ... It's comparable to cheating on the wife .. I wouldn't but if it means bling n blong porking your peg then each to there own.

But but but...

When things were going badly on they pitch, this is exactly what was being discussed. We were heading for League One anyway so people were thinking drastic thoughts in order to get Venkys to go.

Now that we are doing ok and have a sniff of the play-offs people are being more guarded "sshh don't let anything come out now, we don't want to know. It might ruin our promotion chances".

Massive credibility issue here. Especially when half a dozen bad results will mean all of those self-destructive feelings will come back to the surface again.

I want to watch us compete in football matches. That's why I pay my money to go to Ewood. I will gladly ignore the owners if they keep their traps shut and stay out of the limelight. But once we stop being competitive I start to wonder why I'm paying my money. Thousands of others seem to agree because they've stopped!

If we really sat down and thought about it, we'd be wanting the truth out regardless of what happens on match days. It may be that Venkys were innocent victims in all this and have been played by much more savvy individuals but unless this comes out there will always be a suspicion that they were complicit in what has happened.

+1

But but but...

When things were going badly on they pitch, this is exactly what was being discussed. We were heading for League One anyway so people were thinking drastic thoughts in order to get Venkys to go.

Now that we are doing ok and have a sniff of the play-offs people are being more guarded "sshh don't let anything come out now, we don't want to know. It might ruin our promotion chances".

Massive credibility issue here. Especially when half a dozen bad results will mean all of those self-destructive feelings will come back to the surface again.

I want to watch us compete in football matches. That's why I pay my money to go to Ewood. I will gladly ignore the owners if they keep their traps shut and stay out of the limelight. But once we stop being competitive I start to wonder why I'm paying my money. Thousands of others seem to agree because they've stopped!

If we really sat down and thought about it, we'd be wanting the truth out regardless of what happens on match days. It may be that Venkys were innocent victims in all this and have been played by much more savvy individuals but unless this comes out there will always be a suspicion that they were complicit in what has happened.

+1

But as PB posted, very much a Catch 22.

• Moderation Lead

Parsonblue's post is spot on, and not for the first time.

Philipl will make himself look very daft if something he has been alluding to for the last 2 years doesn't emerge.

Just to be clear, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if indeed something does emerge, but I still stand by my belief that the Venky's have been mugged off by some questionable folk in it entirely for the money.

Don't think I need to mention the protagonists in question, even if I could without fear of them assembling their legal team ;-)

• Backroom

It's simple, I don't want anything to destabilise us when we're doing well. Any info re: wrongdoing could make us do a pompey.

What happens if we keep playing well, get promoted and then stay in the pl? I'd never forgive venkys but if they let shaw continue what seems to be half-decent club management since December, keep Appleton as long as he does the job for us and back him, then what's the problem?

Would it not be better for the truth to come out AFTER they've left Rovers? Wouldn't they then be punished independent of the club?

It's simple, I don't want anything to destabilise us when we're doing well. Any info re: wrongdoing could make us do a pompey.

What happens if we keep playing well, get promoted and then stay in the pl? I'd never forgive venkys but if they let shaw continue what seems to be half-decent club management since December, keep Appleton as long as he does the job for us and back him, then what's the problem?

Would it not be better for the truth to come out AFTER they've left Rovers? Wouldn't they then be punished independent of the club?

Doesn't work like that. Go ask Luton fans. The club (and by extension the fans) still carry the can.

When things are going well there is no problem.

What I hope is that when we have a down turn on form, people stay behind Appleton, and Singh and Venkys don't start getting itchy trigger fingers.

If Appleton continues to do well our problem might be keeping hold of him...

Just to be clear. Personally i have never called for the club to be punished as in football it rarely the guilty that suffer. I want a situation where we (the fans) focus on the football and occasionally bitch about the players/owners/pitch/pies...

I firmly believe (from experience) that very few businesses would stand up to detailed scrutiny but the punishment in football is rarely proportional to the crime.

I want to know if I spent the last two years paying money to support a club when the people who are involved with, employed by or trusted to look after that club were deliberately harming it for their own gain. I also want to know if there is a possibility that this is still ongoing in some way or another.

If one of my mates was stealing from me after we had an argument a few months ago but had stopped because we were getting along better now then am I better not knowing?

To remind you, I said take the £300m off him- call his bluff.

Have Venky's put £300m in?

Have Venky's blocked a sale to someone else who might have put that much in?

Go look on the Appleton thread then.

The certain former manager might appear tangentially... this time

Possible Qatar - though we do not know how much they would have put in.

If one of my mates was stealing from me after we had an argument a few months ago but had stopped because we were getting along better now then am I better not knowing?

Maybe you deserve to have someone steal from you if that's how you think. That's what your "mate" would be thinking anyway.

You'd be better off rid of the scumbag.

I think and hope the club will be ok if my hunch about what might be referred to by Nick Harris tweet is correct and this is the "big story about to break" which appeared on the message board last October.

However it didn't break then so I have no confidence it will break now.

If this particular story does break it will leave an awful lot yet to break and the story itself will raise a lot of questions. That is the dangerous area for the club.

Archived