BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Bentley

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back, David. You shouldn't have ever left. Your career went down the drain, and Rovers went down the crapper. This is a perfect example of why loyalty is needed in football, and it should not be treated just like any other regular money-making business like so many fans, including our own unfortunately, are willing to accept it as. Without loyalty and honor, you are nothing. So many of our former "stars" have learned this lesson.

This is a chance for David to try and restore his name and help take us out the gutter.

Welcome back, David. You shouldn't have ever left. Your career went down the drain, and Rovers went down the crapper. This is a perfect example of why loyalty is needed in football, and it should not be treated just like any other regular money-making business like so many fans, including our own unfortunately, are willing to accept it as. Without loyalty and honor, you are nothing. So many of our former "stars" have learned this lesson.

This is a chance for David to try and restore his name and help take us out the gutter.

I think that is your best post ever on this board

I'm so happy that David Bentley is back. He used to be a cracking player, along with Tugay, at the time we had some real class in midfield.

The good thing is that he never relied on pace, it was all about technique with Bentley, I remember when he played for England and the pundits on the telly spent 10 minutes before the game comparing his technique to Beckham and then saying how, in terms of crossing a ball, how similar the 2 were.

If we can get him to the peak of his fitness then we stand a chance of getting a good contribution out of him, but I don't think that he will be solely used on the wing, I remember Hughes saying that he could have been the replacement for Tugay, and I remember going on Ewood for an evening game where he played the Tugay role and absolutely ran the show.

Still, we'll have to see what MA wants to do with him, but I am so, so happy that he's back with us and not playing for another team in the Championship... Let's hope he manages to roll back the years!!!

COYB

cant say im excited at all about this. he was good for us and things where going well for rovers and himself. then he had his little episode around the pool where he was basically too big for this club and he went totally down in my estimation.

then he has done nothing in the years he has been away

cant say im excited at all about this. he was good for us and things where going well for rovers and himself. then he had his little episode around the pool where he was basically too big for this club and he went totally down in my estimation.

then he has done nothing in the years he has been away

If we were still in the Premiership I would agree with you.

Putting the way he left aside he constitutes a decent signing for a Chamionship club.

If we were still in the Premiership I would agree with you.

Putting the way he left aside he constitutes a decent signing for a Chamionship club.

why. didnt do anything for anyone really since he left. i may be wrong but has he not had 2 loans spells in the championship and done nothing

why. didnt do anything for anyone really since he left. i may be wrong but has he not had 2 loans spells in the championship and done nothing

Think he got injured on both occasions.

I take your point but I have faith in Appleton and it will surely help the player psychologically that he's returning to the club where he played his best football.

We can but hope.

Great to have some proven quality in the squad. If he can remain fit he's a brilliant addition. As for those saying hes lost pace, well hes only 28 and wasnt pacey before.

Think he will be on bench tomorrow, and he has a nice knack of scoring against Arsenal.

Does his loan run through to end of playoffs if we get there?

Expectations will need to be kept in check. No doubt some fans will be getting misty-eyed over the David Bentley of old, but his career's taken a major nosedive and he's not the player he once was. IF he can knuckle down and stay injury-free then perhaps we'll see some of that old spark. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Fantastic signing! A real buzz starting to return to the club and I feel it won't be long before we are back to where we belong.

On a pessimistic note, I fear that he won't sign permanently for us if we don't get promoted. He's good enough for the premiership still and with him being on a free in the summer, a perm club will snap him up.

In saying that, you have to fancy our chances of getting onto the playoffs.

• Backroom

On a pessimistic note, I fear that he won't sign permanently for us if we don't get promoted. He's good enough for the premiership still and with him being on a free in the summer, a perm club will snap him up.

I genuinely have no idea how you've come to this conclusion, there's quite literally no evidence from the past few years to suggest this is true.

Thought the same thing!

Delighted to have him back. He could do wonders for Rhodes.

Not sure what I did with half reply but the tea was ready and it was duck so I bolted. What I meant to say was I'm reserving judgement as I still remember THAT interview on SSN, and I don't have him down as someone willing to graft away in the championship. As I said though, I hope I'm wrong.

Archived