BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jake Kean - (Brad who?)

Amo

Jake was outstanding today, can't see Robbo getting in the team, he has both Kean and Usai in front of him.

Jake will be an England international soon! Sign him up on a long contract.

We seem to have good keepers. Bunn is first choice at Norwich now.

I think Ruddy is injured at Norwich.

Bunn has made some decent saves, but had also made an equal amount of mistakes and is far from being a solid first choice GK in my opinion.

Kean already looks several shades better than Bunn ever will be, though does need to work on his kicking.

As for playing for England, not until he's had a good solid 2/3 consistently good seasons in the Prem.

I thought he showed everything today. Early on he raced to near the corner of the area to get to a ball first ahead of an incoming striker, Robbo nor even Brad ever went out that far. He catches crosses extremely confidently, pulled off a couple of great reaction saves, and I thought his positioning when Gervinho was through 1 on 1 was superb, out a long way, stood his ground and gave him very little to aim at. I also like the way he slowly falls to the ground as though shot after every catch haha

I don't like to see footballers with facial hair and I wish Kean would remove his. The lad's made a promising start to his career but young keepers sometimes slip back and start to make mistakes so let's hope he can maintain the standard he has set.

:lol:

I think people are getting a little carried away with him (but have no problem with it unless it means people will come down harder when he makes a mistake due to their expectations). Good shot stopper and had a great game today, but he's not had to make too many saves away from his body yet. If any of the saves he made today actually went in, they'd have looked bad on him, but he did well with the saves to make sure he got them wide/over or away from the attackers (better than the Arsenal lad). He can be a tad fumbly at times too from what I've seen so far. Got to say I really like him though. I like his time wasting. I like his beard. I like his shot stopping.

Nah, Sir Alex will be happy with De Gea and he's still only a kid himself.

It's teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who will be after a new GK this summer, though it's far too early for Jake yet.

Like I said above, a good consistent 2/3 years in the Prem and we'll talk internation call ups and big moves.

I'm amazed how composed and assured he is at such a young age.

Most young goalkeepers look a bit fragile physically and mentally, but he looks like he's been between the sticks for a decade.

I hope that we can hang on to him for a number of years. The fact that Butland has gone to Stoke for peanuts suggests that young goalkeepers aren't on the radar for PL clubs at the moment.

Think the best thing about Jake is his defenders trust him, something that didn't seem too evident with Robo.

One thing that does strike me though is you can tell he is actually having fun. Did anyone else see his dance in 2nd half when ref blew his whistle and they tried to play on (think Marcus was injured) and he did a little dance. He also interacts with the fans a lot. He is far from the finished article but does have a very bright future ahead of him

Guest Norbert

What about this Usai? Who is he, and do any of those who watch the reserves/youth teams think he is a solid back up since he is ahead of Robinson. I hope we can keep hold of Kean if we don't go up. I'm half expecting Rhodes to go, maybe even Dann if he continues this revival.

Think the best thing about Jake is his defenders trust him, something that didn't seem too evident with Robo.

One thing that does strike me though is you can tell he is actually having fun. Did anyone else see his dance in 2nd half when ref blew his whistle and they tried to play on (think Marcus was injured) and he did a little dance. He also interacts with the fans a lot. He is far from the finished article but does have a very bright future ahead of him

http://twitter.com/JakeKean_/status/263590834061070336/photo/1 Guess who?

Needs to work on his kicking though.

I've been really impressed by Kean, his performances have had a bit of the 'superhero' factor that Friedel used to have.

He must be highly rated by Appleton because otherwise I think he would have insisted on Robbo coming back in.

Its brilliant that we'll have 4 youth players in the back 5 when Henley is back.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he was at fault for 2 of their goals yesterday. The first goal he made 2 cracking saves but if you notice, the first save he could have easily pushed away for a corner, but he punched it straight back into the danger area and Gayle finished.

The hat trick goal was also his fault. A very tame effort on goal which he parried straight into the path of Gayle, who was composed and finished brilliantly.

His kicking has been woeful and each game it gets worse. How is this Sandomierski (sp?) fella?

I thought the same as the above, the first didn't look as if it was on target to be honest.

could have done better with putting them out of play with more force, although you would of hoped our defence would of attempted to get to it first.

His kicking has improved from that against Leeds.

Guest Norbert

Goalkeepers usually mature later don't they? so a wobble in form is probably nothing to worry about. He's young and this is probably his first season as a first choice keeper (loans excluded).

Archived