BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince next Blackpool manager

lol @ anyone believing JW acted on a Facebook campaign.

So I'll leave it to you to explain why anybody would ever EVER employ a 4th rate dipstick manager in front of a manager with an overall record up in the top half dozen Premier League managers. Facebook or not JW @#/? up big time over Ince.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'll leave it to you to explain why anybody would ever EVER employ a 4th rate dipstick manager in front of a manager with an overall record up in the top half dozen Premier League managers. Facebook or not JW @#/? up big time over Ince.

It was patently clearly that JW was looking for another Hughes, hence ringing up Shearer and then ultimately hiring another of Fergie's "prodigies". He overlooked other experienced candidates other than Allardyce, too, I can't believe you think someone of JW's integrity would honestly pay heed to a minority of fans on a social media site.

It was patently clearly that JW was looking for another Hughes, hence ringing up Shearer and then ultimately hiring another of Fergie's "prodigies". He overlooked other experienced candidates other than Allardyce, too, I can't believe you think someone of JW's integrity would honestly pay heed to a minority of fans on a social media site.

JW paid heed to opinions on here never mind facebook. To completely ignore any form of public opinion would have been unprofessional. Unfortunately I doubt the sensible and considered opinion of the more mature supporters won't be represented proportionately on Facebook and other 'rent a friend' sites will it?

btw lets be honest he wouldn't find another Hughes in Shearer would he?

Suprised Ince has landed the Blackpool job. Given he quit MK Dons over a lack of money, not sure how he'll do with Oyston. Indeed given his favourite tactic is to bleat about the lack of support/funds I'm not sure how anyone involved in the recruitment process can think this is a good deal.

What suprises me about Ince is where did his first two years of his managerial reign come from? Both at Southport/Stockport (or whoever it was he somehow kept up despite taking over rooted miles behind at the bottom of the table) and then MK Dons, he surpassed expectations at both clubs. Granted it was obvious he needed more experience of higher leagues before he came to Rovers, but surely that shows potential?

Having said that his time at Rovers was a disaster and spell 2 at MK Dons was pretty poor too. Certainly not someone I'd bring in to any club. But I do wonder how the first 2 years happened...

Guest Norbert

It was Macclesfield I think. I remember thinking it was a big gamble but it could be like another Hughes for the reasons Blue Blood mentioned. Whoops. I've learnt not to trust such thoughts, especially after I thought about giving Kean the benefit of the doubt!

So in short, if I ever type something like "It is a risk but it might just work out.", worry.

I listened to Ince this morning on Radio Blackburn. He was saying it was too short a timescale to be on the training pitch looking to change their tactics before they play on Saturday. Sounds like the sort of kean that Kean used to spout.

be interesting to see what slant the lashers put on it now it is happening to them and not us

:lol:

John Fashanu tweeted a cracker saying he was glad Blackpool had given Ince the job so he could now stop playing the racist card for being out of work.

discrimination is what it is you know,

against people who know what they are doing

• Backroom

Better than Stevie 'the Wonder' Kean? Psssssh.

Kean is clearly aiming much higher. This is a man lauded by the likes of Ferguson, Wenger and Redknapp. Shocked he didn't get the nod over Benitez at Chelsea tbh, I can only assume he turned down the role because he felt he needed to spend more time with his wife and invisible dog.

Guest Norbert

Real Itycheck more like. I cannot imagine he'd get many coaching jobs given the nature of his appointment at Rovers, so his only route in the game is either as a Sky pundit on GSS or a manager of a club run by bigger idiots than Venky's.

Archived