BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feel good factor.

• Backroom

I have it massively again at the minute (and no that doesn't mean I have forgiven the owners) it almost feels like at the minute win, lose or draw you can be proud to call the team your own as it seems an honest hard working team again

A word of warning though I had the feel good feeling briefly after Birmingham at home under Berg

I have it massively again at the minute (and no that doesn't mean I have forgiven the owners) it almost feels like at the minute win, lose or draw you can be proud to call the team your own as it seems an honest hard working team again

A word of warning though I had the feel good feeling briefly after Birmingham at home under Berg

I get what you're saying Tom, but something seems different about this. PRIDE as you say is a feeling us loyal roverites aint been use to feeling over the last 2 n a half years. Long may it continue!! :rover:

A very good start for Appleton, combined with some good transfer business (outgoings as much as incomings) and some straight talking in interviews.

I was admittedly disappointed with the news of the appointment, but quite happy to admit that, on the basis of results so far, I was wrong.

The quarter finals of the FA Cup is a bonus, but we MUST be promoted this season.

With the automatic spots pretty much out of our reach now, we have to reach the play-offs.

And, for the first time this season, I genuinely believe that it's possible.

A very good start for Appleton, combined with some good transfer business (outgoings as much as incomings) and some straight talking in interviews.

I was admittedly disappointed with the news of the appointment, but quite happy to admit that, on the basis of results so far, I was wrong.

The quarter finals of the FA Cup is a bonus, but we MUST be promoted this season.

With the automatic spots pretty much out of our reach now, we have to reach the play-offs.

And, for the first time this season, I genuinely believe that it's possible.

I reckon we have a stonking chance my friend. Good manager,better squad and countless stella's lead me to believe that haha! Apart from my drunkeness,it looks bloody rosy for us after years of @#/?!

It's a shame you can't feel good when good things happen. Nobody expects you to be happy with the overall situation but you should enjoy good things when they happen.

Anyway, I don't believe you. Studies show that general happiness moods revert back to the baseline after all sorts of trauma and tragedy (except unemployment, it seems). So whilst you may retrospectively hark back, the closer you will get to the happiness you recently experienced - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ecca.12007/abstract

Enjoy the good things when we get them.

And killed is an exaggeration.

• Backroom

I won't feel good whatever we win or don't win with the turds from Pune.

For once I agree with Braddock, it really is a shame if you can't get any enjoyment out of results like yesterday

Not saying its a fault of your own by the way

It's a shame you can't feel good when good things happen. Nobody expects you to be happy with the overall situation but you should enjoy good things when they happen.

Anyway, I don't believe you. Studies show that general happiness moods revert back to the baseline after all sorts of trauma and tragedy (except unemployment, it seems). So whilst you may retrospectively hark back, the closer you will get to the happiness you recently experienced - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ecca.12007/abstract

I bet thats made you feel warm inside ABBEY

:D

• Backroom

Yesterday was the first time since Venky's took over that I felt anything even closely resembling pride in relation to Rovers. Even when we beat Arsenal and United last season I was numb to it because I knew we were going to get relegated and it didn't matter. With Steve Kean in charge it was impossible for me to feel proud of anything the club did because his smug face would be plastered all over the television afterwards and the players would crawl out of the dressing room to lick his arse and tell us all what a great man he is. It's not like that any more - Appleton is winning my respect and I enjoy his forthright, honest views.

We finally, finally seem to be going in the right direction. There's every chance Venky's will do something to derail the feel-good factor in the near future so it's best to enjoy it whilst we can.

Yesterday's result was a massive shot in the arm for my enthusiasm (which, prior to yesterday, was in intensive care).

Do I forgive Venky's? Absolutely not. Am I happy for them to remain at the club? Absolutely not.

We wouldn't have to be thinking of play-offs if it wasn't for them. Even if we did go up, we'd be much weaker than we were before. Many points of issue that were there prior to Appleton, still remain. You can't just erase 2 years of mismanagement, incompetence, mayhem and bullshit with a single cup upset. I won't be bought off that easily.

So, while all is not doom and gloom right now, I am still mightily keaned off. And, I stand corrected, we may indeed make the play-offs, but it's make one hell of a demand to make.

Right on Bryan,my sentiments 100%.

But getting excited about my plane to Manchester on Thursday for the Leeds match.

I pray to God I am not a bogey man....have not seen us win since 2011,and that is not for want of spending money on 18 home/away matches and my season-ticket since then. And the trip in April to see 3 matches is booked as well.

Its felt a nightmare for so long.

You don't believe me ? You don't know me then , well you don't anyway.

For once I agree with Braddock, it really is a shame if you can't get any enjoyment out of results like yesterday

Not saying its a fault of your own by the way

Didnt listen or watch yesterday . I hand on heart went oh when I heard . The venkys have killed it for me .

I bet thats made you feel warm inside ABBEY

:D

Glowing

Archived