BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

Philly13

There were quite a few occasions in the Arsenal game, as opposed to say Leigh or Leyland, where Kean didn't seem to be talking to his defenders.This resulted in the defenders not letting the ball go out for a goal kick for example.

Only a minor criticism though given his overall display.

I can understand your observation from afar or on tv. I was at The Emirates and in the first half there were 2 occasions with deep crosses Kean shouted 'let it go' when the ball was drifting out of play and Pederson ignored the judgement and put the ball behind for a corner. Admittedly on one occasion he was probably right to do so.

Interesting stat is that without Kean & Berg, this side has only conceded an average of 0.52 goals per game.

Toppers, that doesn't surprise me.

The gap between the back 4 and midfield was always a chasm under those 2. IMO this always invited the opposition on to exploit the gap and either have a pop from distance or play someone in out wide. Playing with a keeper at the time who was clearly unfit and rooted to the spot, the end result more often than not resulted in the inevitable.

It wasn't rocket science IMO and I could never understand the tactic. Thankfully Appy and co. have addressed the issue and guess hence the statistic.

As with all the other players, Dann has not had a manager before at Rovers.

Jury is out on everyone of them so far as I am concerned.

Clean slate but looking very encouraging under Appleton

Fair comment and one I fully agree with.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen Kean many times down Leyland and Leigh and he is a decent talker.

He is a very strong communicator on the pitch, everyone knows what he says and he says it with full command and clarity. Communication to his fellow team mates is one thing you can not label Jake Kean with being weak at, definitely not !

Hes not a role model captain that id want to see. In fact hes more Burnley standard than Rovers standard as he seems to offer very little.

• Backroom

He is a very strong communicator on the pitch, everyone knows what he says and he says it with full command and clarity. Communication to his fellow team mates is one thing you can not label Jake Kean with being weak at, definitely not !

Hes not a role model captain that id want to see. In fact hes more Burnley standard than Rovers standard as he seems to offer very little.

But he's the ONE guy who (in spite of performances) who I feel has given 100% in all games I've seen this season. Hanley, Rhodes and Lowe are in that bracket too, but too young. Dann has experience and acts like a leader on the pitch imo. You see him encouraging his teammates and getting wound up when things go wrong, as well as putting his head in where it hurts.

He put's Murphy in the shade, that's for sure. Ofc, not an ideal captain, but of what we have, he's the best option. If Dunn was fit, it'd be him every time for me.

• Backroom

The article is badly worded again! 'The new club's new captain'. Hopefully it's a sign that we're becoming a new club in the sense that Appleton's changes from the KeanCrap to something resembling a club will come to fruition.

Or else, we just can't use a basic spelling and grammar check.

The article is badly worded again! 'The new club's new captain'. Hopefully it's a sign that we're becoming a new club in the sense that Appleton's changes from the KeanCrap to something resembling a club will come to fruition.

Or else, we just can't use a basic spelling and grammar check.

I think BRAG wrote it judging by that. They are obviously more influential than many believe.

I'm satisfied with Dann as captain.

Not sure who the other candidates would be to be honest. Experience-wise, Robinson or Dunn but neither can stay fit. Dave Jones if he was permanent.

Struggling after that.

• Backroom

The only issue I have with Dann being captain is that, IMO, he lacks courage or conviction. Perhaps giving him the armband will inject some confidence into him and we'll see a glimpse of the player he was supposed to be for us.

But he's the ONE guy who (in spite of performances) who I feel has given 100% in all games I've seen this season. Hanley, Rhodes and Lowe are in that bracket too, but too young. Dann has experience and acts like a leader on the pitch imo. You see him encouraging his teammates and getting wound up when things go wrong, as well as putting his head in where it hurts.

He put's Murphy in the shade, that's for sure. Ofc, not an ideal captain, but of what we have, he's the best option. If Dunn was fit, it'd be him every time for me.

Apart form the odd player here and there, I think every player has put his 100% into a game as with Scot Dann. But that doesnt mean to say hes good though.

Hopefully come tomorrow evening though we'll see him take us to Wembley.

• Backroom

He's not the only one. But the other's aren't captain material imo, either due to youth or fitness. He's a good compromise, plays centrally and is English. Not important traits those last two but makes me feel better haha.

Archived