BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley fans up in arms over Ewood game.

That figure doesn't actually make sense considering there are '13000' home fans on every game these days. So we only sold a 1000 extra tickets? I bought 10 on behalf of my mates for a start.

Quite a few people like myself have those 19 game season tickets, which don't include the Dingles game. Because of the 12.30 Sunday kick off, there'll be 3 of us not there who usually travel down from Glasgow, and doubtless there'll be others who travel from afar not going as well.

Day and time of kick off screwed me.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised, we're struggling to sell ours. We only sold our tickets for the game at the Turf at the last minute.

It's just not that much of an occasion anymore. The kick-off time, the coaches, police, restrictions, price etc. Both teams with nothing to play for (players don't give a toss about bragging rights...)

I'm certain if we got a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday afternoon without all the hassle involved, it'd be a match worth bothering with again. As it is, the police are really going to struggle justifying all their hype with the general apathy around the match.

Seriously, there'd be a bigger buzz if we were playing PNE. There was more demand for Bolton and Huddersfield tickets than this.

Not surprised, we're struggling to sell ours. We only sold our tickets for the game at the Turf at the last minute.

It's just not that much of an occasion anymore. The kick-off time, the coaches, police, restrictions, price etc. Both teams with nothing to play for (players don't give a toss about bragging rights...)

I'm certain if we got a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday afternoon without all the hassle involved, it'd be a match worth bothering with again. As it is, the police are really going to struggle justifying all their hype with the general apathy around the match.

Seriously, there'd be a bigger buzz if we were playing PNE. There was more demand for Bolton and Huddersfield tickets than this.

I agree. I'm undecided wether to go or not at the moment. I want to enjoy the day, have a few drinks etc. the police prevent this with the early k.o and closing all pubs near the ground.

It's just not enjoyable.

Do we know if this figure includes ST holders or if it is individual matchday tickets sold

It stated season ticket holders included in the number Paul.

There's a general apathy all round I think coupled with the fact I have never seen people so hard up with the coin in a long,long time.

Bigger buzz playing PNE ? Didn't notice much of a buzz last time you played them at the Turf the place was half empty and they took about 800. Mind you that could be this fixture next season, especially if the cameras role into town.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start snapping them up now. Game Wednesday, injuries abound best chance for them in many a year, Don't fancy it meself.

Best chance until next year anyway. Neither of us are going anywhere for a good while, we'll be playing twice a year, every year until the only people still interested are the East Lancs police.

I heard a good preview on a Burnley site this morning.. 'it's going to be two defences thumping the ball at Rhodes and Austin for 90 minutes'.

I'll certainly be checking the odds on 0-0.

I agree. I'm undecided wether to go or not at the moment. I want to enjoy the day, have a few drinks etc. the police prevent this with the early k.o and closing all pubs near the ground.

It's just not enjoyable.

It's not the police's fault that the game is an early kick off. It's the lunatic fringe of BOTH clubs. - Youve been following Rovers long enough to know that!

Dont know where to start with that post ,Sam. Goodness me. Oh well, If you get a result at Ewood, I dont expect theyll be many of you celebrating then ?

Again can people not see why there's The kick-off time, the coaches, police, restrictions ???

• Backroom

I can't see the point. I've seen more trouble at Ewood from Utd fans than Burnley fans. Even seen more trouble from Hull fans when we were both in the PL.

All clubs have their idiots, but as a rivalry, this is one of those that's all flirt and no cock.

Bet you'll not see them at Millwall on Sunday....

Actually, there were a fair percentage of 'em there on Sunday, but then when it's bus-in bus-out you can sing "you're not scary any more" safe in the knowledge you'll not be within 50 yards of a Millwall fan all day.

The funniest part was a load of them stood waiting to get on the coach after the game, giving it large to the fans they were separated from by a couple of big fences, but obviously they weren't that familiar with the layout of Millwall as they were actually having banter with Rovers fans confined to the secure walkway to South Bermondsy station (who saw it with a mixture of bemusement, mirth and shame). That on the back of "did you cry when Speedy scored" at Leicester the other week, I really do wonder if the dads of few of our fans had been playing away a bit close to the Yorkshire boarder.

Actually, there were a fair percentage of 'em there on Sunday, but then when it's bus-in bus-out you can sing "you're not scary any more" safe in the knowledge you'll not be within 50 yards of a Millwall fan all day.

The funniest part was a load of them stood waiting to get on the coach after the game, giving it large to the fans they were separated from by a couple of big fences, but obviously they weren't that familiar with the layout of Millwall as they were actually having banter with Rovers fans confined to the secure walkway to South Bermondsy station (who saw it with a mixture of bemusement, mirth and shame). That on the back of "did you cry when Speedy scored" at Leicester the other week, I really do wonder if the dads of few of our fans had been playing away a bit close to the Yorkshire boarder.

We'll they deserve a little bit more credit for travelling to more than just the usual @#/? up in Wigan or Bolton each season I guess.

If they fancy making a name for themselves Sunday would be the ideal oppertunity, but like every Rovers v Burnley match in most people's living memory nothing will happen, the 2 sets of fans haven't had a good punch up at the football since the 70's which is why the restrictions are a disgrace in my opinion, but I do take the point that it makes people feel safer attending the games.

I can't see the point. I've seen more trouble at Ewood from Utd fans than Burnley fans. Even seen more trouble from Hull fans when we were both in the PL.

All clubs have their idiots, but as a rivalry, this is one of those that's all flirt and no cock.

Haha, made me laugh that one

On this subject, a 15 year-old fan is threatening to fightback against these types of Police restrictions:

Teenager threatens legal action over Hull match restrictions

A 15-year-old football fan has threatened legal action against West
Yorkshire Police over travel and ticket restrictions on Hull City
supporters.

Full article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21555294

Archived