BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley fans up in arms over Ewood game.

Yep. And he's right, it works to an extent. Only thing is, such measures tend to attract more dickheads than fans judging by some of our lot at Burnley chanting about Jimmy Savile.

I see, so give people more liberty then punish everyone in sight to cope with it

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must clearly live in a world where you are frightened of our own shadow. How sad.

I live in a world where whilst the measures may not be completely necessary I am happy for them to occur for my own safety and the safety of others. You are free to disagree but I'm stating why I don't mind it.

People say they prefer the arrangements because it is safer for families to travel. If they relaxed the restrictions then families would still be able to travel on the coaches safely. Everyone else could then be given the choice.

If that was the case, I would still travel on the coach to stop the potential aggro but at least the coaches may set off at a reasonable time. If others chose not to do so then it is at their own risk. Should there car get smashed or teeth get knocked out away from the ground they would only have themselves to blame.

There is 1 obvious reason why Burnley fans are looking for excuses to avoid coming to Ewood. We know it and they know it, they've missed their best chance in 34 years and they are on for a right hammering on 17 March and personally I can't wait to see it.

There is 1 obvious reason why Burnley fans are looking for excuses to avoid coming to Ewood. We know it and they know it, they've missed their best chance in 34 years and they are on for a right hammering on 17 March and personally I can't wait to see it.

on the money

:goal:

Yep

Best quote on the inbred forum.

"The £6.50 coach charge finally decided me not to go. They only paid £5 so why should there be a difference."

I know times are hard but is an extra £1.50 really enough to put you off your biggest derby game?

Interestingly it seems Rovers fans paid £6.50 too - according to this

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10061715.Special_operation_in_place_for_Burnley_and_Blackburn_Rovers_derby/

So maybe they are looking for excuses...!

To be honest, I reckon they'll sell out just like we did. It'll be the same moaning our lot put forward, the other club will brag that the others aren't selling out and then the day before the game everyone will be scrabbling around trying to get a ticket through a mate.

People say they prefer the arrangements because it is safer for families to travel. If they relaxed the restrictions then families would still be able to travel on the coaches safely. Everyone else could then be given the choice.

If that was the case, I would still travel on the coach to stop the potential aggro but at least the coaches may set off at a reasonable time. If others chose not to do so then it is at their own risk. Should there car get smashed or teeth get knocked out away from the ground they would only have themselves to blame.

Agree that people should be able to make their own choices, not sure its their own fault if they get beaten up mind.

Oh great good to see my attendance at this important fixture prevents at least one dingle attending lol!

whos bovvered wether a dingle can afford the bus fare or not

:lol:

they probably need their dole money increased!lol!

really looking forward to my first match vs the dingles should be a cracking game & 3 points would be good

Having experienced the cattle-herding experience a couple of times I understand the frustration on both sides. The fact remains though that if Burnley fans were allowed anywhere near Rovers fans either in Burnley or in Blackburn on derby day, injuries to Rovers fans and possibly innocent bystanders would be inflicted. It means too much to certain Burnley people (not necessarily fans) to cause damage and harm as a way to vent 30 years of anger and sheer frustration having seen the club down the road rise from a similar situation to them to massive success and total domination over their beloved team.

I, and many other Rovers fans old enough to remember the last 40 years of simmering hatred, know that the moment the restrictions are lifted, the violence will re-commence and it is the well behaved Rovers fans who suffer as we have moved on from our violent 1970s past and are less motivated to find our pleasure and success in targeting someone smaller and weaker than ourselves and kicking the living daylights out of him.

Despite the blame for the restrictions lying squarely at the door of Burnley's significant violent minority, restrictions on Rovers fans travelling to Turf Moor will not be lifted as inevitably naiive fans travelling through Burnley will be targeted and attacked, probably resulting in injury. This is fact, as witnessed numerous times before restrictions were imposed.

I do accept that the inhuman cattle-herding could be done more quickly and painlessly but that would cost money which the police and clubs are less prepared than ever to stump up.

"The fact remains though that if Burnley fans were allowed anywhere near Rovers fans either in Burnley or in Blackburn on derby day, injuries to Rovers fans and possibly innocent bystanders would be inflicted"

Seriously, who believes this bull****. Some people spend too much time reading the internet.

However, it's good to see plenty of Rovers fans on here addressing this issue rather than point scoring. I posted before your visit to the Turf that it was disgraceful the way the police were ruining the day, just as it will be at Ewood.

I'd like clarification from the Lancs Police what's happened since the evening Cup game in 2005 which passed off peacefully with over 6,000 away fans, 20 odd thousand home fans and everyone free to make their own way there. And how GMP manage to handle far bigger, equally tense derby games several times a season without all this crap.

Worth noting the police have now introduced the 'bubble' game to Huddersfield v Hull (?!). How long before it's established for both our games against Bolton?

Our 'local' away games this season at Huddersfield and Bolton saw about 3,500 Clarets travelling. The results and performances were similar to the ones we get at Ewood. But everyone was free to make their own way, have a pint in nearby pubs and walk to the grounds with no trouble at all. Apart from the football it was a good day out. If you take away the day out element, there's not much left.

All the complaints I'm hearing are exactly the same as the ones I read on here pre December - and this time it is even more expensive.

Will it sell out? Most likely but not certain. That doesn't make it right though!

As for we are fearing a right hammering - based on what? Is it because you are above us on goal difference? I'd agree December was our best chance and your results recently are much better but we aren't fearing a 'hammering' at all and one thing you need to remember is that, whilst our streak of not winning to you is long and painful it does mean we are somewhat used to the feeling. Another defeat isn't going to be especially painful for us - not as much as it would be for you anyway.

I wasn't able to go last time we were in this league as I was young and my Mum wouldn't allow it. Gutted I didn't get to go in retrospect. Would have been allowed if the same measures had been in place back then.

I'm surprised people find it outrageous. It's only like using the away travel coaches Rovers provide. It's not great but it's not the worst thing in the world.

It's nothing like the same - leave Ewood at 9.30 for a 12.30 KO? Ridiculous. I've been to Turf Moor to watch Rovers several times, parked near the ground, walked in with no trouble.

Secondly I don't want to go on any coach to any game. More than happy to make my way to the ground by train or car.

Bloody hell, Longsiders with a bit of bite today.

It's nothing like the same - leave Ewood at 9.30 for a 12.30 KO? Ridiculous. I've been to Turf Moor to watch Rovers several times, parked near the ground, walked in with no trouble.

Secondly I don't want to go on any coach to any game. More than happy to make my way to the ground by train or car.

Fair enough. Don't go to the Rovers Burnley games then. More chance I'll get a ticket.

"The fact remains though that if Burnley fans were allowed anywhere near Rovers fans either in Burnley or in Blackburn on derby day, injuries to Rovers fans and possibly innocent bystanders would be inflicted"

Seriously, who believes this bull****. Some people spend too much time reading the internet.

However, it's good to see plenty of Rovers fans on here addressing this issue rather than point scoring. I posted before your visit to the Turf that it was disgraceful the way the police were ruining the day, just as it will be at Ewood.

I'd like clarification from the Lancs Police what's happened since the evening Cup game in 2005 which passed off peacefully with over 6,000 away fans, 20 odd thousand home fans and everyone free to make their own way there. And how GMP manage to handle far bigger, equally tense derby games several times a season without all this crap.

Worth noting the police have now introduced the 'bubble' game to Huddersfield v Hull (?!). How long before it's established for both our games against Bolton?

Our 'local' away games this season at Huddersfield and Bolton saw about 3,500 Clarets travelling. The results and performances were similar to the ones we get at Ewood. But everyone was free to make their own way, have a pint in nearby pubs and walk to the grounds with no trouble at all. Apart from the football it was a good day out. If you take away the day out element, there's not much left.

Its actually lazy policing. Just treat all supporters as mindless hoolis and they'll get loads of overtime as well. GMP must take the @#/? out of Lancs constabulary at training days!

Sign of things to come?

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1158-february-2013/9442-police-are-imposing-draconian-measure-on-hull-fans

Seems it not only the people of East Lancs are being put upon. I said for months before the game at Burnley that I would not be going due to the draconian travel measures but went in the end. Are police forces up and down the country going to target the smaller clubs first and then test the water with one of the more volatile bigger club clashes in the future?

Archived