BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley fans up in arms over Ewood game.

If the Indians are planning on coming to the Burnley match they will need to be told that the Dingles will be chanting their name to thank them for the current state of our club. They can wave back at them in a regal manner if they like.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm led to understand that the maternity unit at Queens Park is (or has been) closed and that it's moved to Burnley General.

Is it right that all future newborns from Blackburn and Darwen will have to register their place of birth as Burnley?

Frightening thought and if correct is surely worth a campaign!

My understanding is that a birth unit has been set up at the old Park Lee hospital in Blackburn so this needn't happen. Only when complications arise would the mother be transferred to B***ley. After all, nobody wants that place name on their child's birth certificate.

Forgive us, Longsiders. A couple of weeks of unbridled optimism have softened a few frontal lobes. But fear not, if we don't win on Saturday the sky will be falling again.

That and the fact you spawned a draw in December means it's all warming up nicely for an 'interesting' battle for bragging rights. You'll (royal you) be counting down the next four weeks with the usual banter and baiting followed six months of silence.

Whoever got dibs should really be starting the match preview thread very soon to get the banter going! It'll be fever pitch by March 17th..

...or as they call it in Bumley: Christmas Day - venturing out of their caves on their rare pilgrimage to 'the foreign land of missing appendages' and 'wider gene pools'.

I've put my name down for the Preview and I've just e-mailed longsiders to ask if he'll answer the "Opposition" questions, Stuart.

I've put my name down for the Preview and I've just e-mailed longsiders to ask if he'll answer the "Opposition" questions, Stuart.

Hope it's banter-ful, m1st! :tu:

Actually I've got high hopes if Longers is helping out. No mushy stuff you two!! :D

I'm led to understand that the maternity unit at Queens Park is (or has been) closed and that it's moved to Burnley General.

Is it right that all future newborns from Blackburn and Darwen will have to register their place of birth as Burnley?

Yep it closed 2 1/2 years ago. I've had 2 kids in last 2 years and both burnley born.

There is a birthing centre on Park Lee Rd but it's a risk as any complications need to be addressed at Burnley. Quite often the doctors tell you to go to burnley before hand.

Seems ridiculous in the 21st century but such is life

Yep it closed 2 1/2 years ago. I've had 2 kids in last 2 years and both burnley born.

There is a birthing centre on Park Lee Rd but it's a risk as any complications need to be addressed at Burnley. Quite often the doctors tell you to go to burnley before hand.

David, have you checked Charlie's digets?

:-)

• Backroom

These games are ones I look forward to but also dread as we are the ones with it all to lose!

Least I can set off from my house and walk down within 20 minutes for the home fixture!

It's on Paddys day isn't it this one?

"The fact remains though that if Burnley fans were allowed anywhere near Rovers fans either in Burnley or in Blackburn on derby day, injuries to Rovers fans and possibly innocent bystanders would be inflicted"

Seriously, who believes this bull****. Some people spend too much time reading the internet.

However, it's good to see plenty of Rovers fans on here addressing this issue rather than point scoring. I posted before your visit to the Turf that it was disgraceful the way the police were ruining the day, just as it will be at Ewood.

I'd like clarification from the Lancs Police what's happened since the evening Cup game in 2005 which passed off peacefully with over 6,000 away fans, 20 odd thousand home fans and everyone free to make their own way there. And how GMP manage to handle far bigger, equally tense derby games several times a season without all this crap.

Worth noting the police have now introduced the 'bubble' game to Huddersfield v Hull (?!). How long before it's established for both our games against Bolton?

Our 'local' away games this season at Huddersfield and Bolton saw about 3,500 Clarets travelling. The results and performances were similar to the ones we get at Ewood. But everyone was free to make their own way, have a pint in nearby pubs and walk to the grounds with no trouble at all. Apart from the football it was a good day out. If you take away the day out element, there's not much left.

Ah yes, those cuddly Burnley fans. East Lancashire's answer to the jovial Scouser. All they want to do is Share a pint and some banter. After the game they will wave you off with an exchange of email addresses.

Give over. You Dingles have been the same for years. Small town mentality with a huge chip on both shoulders, never more than over recent years. Your attitude to opposition fans (especially Rovers) is honed in an insular environment where 'outsiders' aren't welcome.

Whilst the small 'risk element' amongst Rovers support has dissipated after years in the family friendly Premiership you lot remain firmly ensconced in the 80s.

Years ago, before a Lancashire Manx Cup game at Turf Moor, a Rovers fan arrived in Burnley mid afternoon wearing a blue and white shirt and lary Bermuda shorts. He made a point of drinking in all the boozers where Burnley's 'lads' drank. The fact that he remained untouched would probably have been because he is a psychopath. He is now serving a lengthy prison sentence for attempted murder. Contrast that with the lad who used to post on here who was thumped by Burnley fans and subsequently deafened in one ear whilst making his way to the match with his Dad. Or the dentist who ended up requiring extensive work on his own teeth after being attacked by Burnley fans whilst with his family.

The point is that it is Rovers largely family oriented support that has most to lose by any easing off of Police vigilance. It is the substantial element amongst the hill dwellers who still go to the match in Burberry caps and Stone Island jackets who will relish the security vacuum.

If you don't like the Derby Day experience anymore you need to look closer to home than Lancs Police HQ.

So where is the North central Infirmary in Blackburn then? Made up crap from the Daily Sport as usual, they once found a double decker London bus in the North Pole ya know!! True story...

My brother used to be "News Editor" (sic) for the Sport.

He still has framed front page "news" of:

FORD CORTINA FOUND ON THE MOON

CHEATING MAN EATEN ALIVE BY LEECHES (put in his soup by his angry wife)

ELVIS FOUND ALIVE ON THE MOON

He now covers Blackpool Football Club

I expect a new story:

Burnley fan found shagging donkey on Blackpool Beach after another away defeat

My brother used to be "News Editor" (sic) for the Sport.

He still has framed front page "news" of:

FORD CORTINA FOUND ON THE MOON

CHEATING MAN EATEN ALIVE BY LEECHES (put in his soup by his angry wife)

ELVIS FOUND ALIVE ON THE MOON

He now covers Blackpool Football Club

I expect a new story:

Burnley fan found shagging donkey on Blackpool Beach after another away defeat

was the term his and hers invented in dingle land?

Ah yes, those cuddly Burnley fans. East Lancashire's answer to the jovial Scouser. All they want to do is Share a pint and some banter. After the game they will wave you off with an exchange of email addresses.

Give over. You Dingles have been the same for years. Small town mentality with a huge chip on both shoulders, never more than over recent years. Your attitude to opposition fans (especially Rovers) is honed in an insular environment where 'outsiders' aren't welcome.

Whilst the small 'risk element' amongst Rovers support has dissipated after years in the family friendly Premiership you lot remain firmly ensconced in the 80s.

Years ago, before a Lancashire Manx Cup game at Turf Moor, a Rovers fan arrived in Burnley mid afternoon wearing a blue and white shirt and lary Bermuda shorts. He made a point of drinking in all the boozers where Burnley's 'lads' drank. The fact that he remained untouched would probably have been because he is a psychopath. He is now serving a lengthy prison sentence for attempted murder. Contrast that with the lad who used to post on here who was thumped by Burnley fans and subsequently deafened in one ear whilst making his way to the match with his Dad. Or the dentist who ended up requiring extensive work on his own teeth after being attacked by Burnley fans whilst with his family.

The point is that it is Rovers largely family oriented support that has most to lose by any easing off of Police vigilance. It is the substantial element amongst the hill dwellers who still go to the match in Burberry caps and Stone Island jackets who will relish the security vacuum.

If you don't like the Derby Day experience anymore you need to look closer to home than Lancs Police HQ.

There wasn't a single Burnley fan arrested for violent disorder last season.

Talk about living in the past. There was a 'security vacuum' at Ewood in 2005. Nowt happened.

Daft stories and ludicrous myths from the 80s aren't helping anyone.

We were supposed to be having our girl at the birthing center but ended up being sent to the forgotten land, where, to be fair, everything was excellent.

I was lucky with our lad as he's 2 years and 11 months so one of the last few able to be born at Royal Blackburn, I'm sure he'll appreciate it when he's a fully fledged Roverite.

There wasn't a single Burnley fan arrested for violent disorder last season.

Talk about living in the past. There was a 'security vacuum' at Ewood in 2005. Nowt happened.

Daft stories and ludicrous myths from the 80s aren't helping anyone.

you mean they were all couples, or triples depending on how many sisters they had

Archived