BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley fans up in arms over Ewood game.

From my recollection of watching since the late 60s , Rovers v Bolton games have been far worse for trouble than any Rovers v Burnley games that I have attended ...

I have attended a lot of games at Burnden and Turf Moor including the famous win at Bolton in 73 when Roger Jones played the game of his life .. ....

The lads in the Lever End were always a bit too tasty for Rovers' fans !

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ps - get Keaned you burnley Kean.

Phew, for one horrible minute I thought we were on the verge of a bromance!

I've never seen anything like those barriers at a football game before - not even on TV - I was half expecting the fans to get 'kettled'

We're both awful, lets just agree to all go out for Paddys day in our respective towns and not play the game

Amen, wish we could as we've completely gone and I'm increasingly worried about the forthcoming game.

Phew, for one horrible minute I thought we were on the verge of a bromance!

I've never seen anything like those barriers at a football game before - not even on TV - I was half expecting the fans to get 'kettled'

They used them when the EDL had a march in Blackburn a few years ago.

It's nice to be put in the same category of human as them....

Surprised at the low sales so far, even with the restrictions I thought we'd have sold more than that.

Could it be that fans are finally wiling to vote in serious numbers with their feet?

They're just tired of the constant drubbing too I'm sure. Of course if you win there'll be about 30,000 claim to have been there that glorious day. Great chance for you to win. No more one-nil and you @#/? it up, you score now you win simple as.

How is it, that when we didn't sell our full allocation to just season ticket holders (although we still sold more than 1,350), all we got was grief and 'can't even sell out for a derby!' (Even though we ended up selling out...), yet when the Dingles only sell a ridiculously small amount suddenly it's about fans 'voting with their feet'?

How is it, that when we didn't sell our full allocation to just season ticket holders (although we still sold more than 1,350), all we got was grief and 'can't even sell out for a derby!' (Even though we ended up selling out...), yet when the Dingles only sell a ridiculously small amount suddenly it's about fans 'voting with their feet'?

They'll sell out just as we did, ages to go yet.

That said their will come a time when fans decide it's just not worth it, I'll not be going next season and I'm sure many more people feel the same.

They're just tired of the constant drubbing too I'm sure. Of course if you win there'll be about 30,000 claim to have been there that glorious day. Great chance for you to win. No more one-nil and you @#/? it up, you score now you win simple as.

We are numb to it Blue. As for score and win - we'd need to score. If you compare results over the last 8 games I'd be surprised if your form wasn't the better of the 2.

I'm not sure I said 'you can't sell out for a Derby' but my point regarding this is that it is the derby and if we can't sell 4000 tickets something's wrong, we took about 3500 to Bolton so 4000 to t'b******s should be no problem. On the plus side I might be able to get tickets at this rate - though I'm not sure I want me and my 11 year old herded about like cattle.

They'll sell out just as we did, ages to go yet.

That said their will come a time when fans decide it's just not worth it, I'll not be going next season and I'm sure many more people feel the same.

Maybe we will Gav, be interesting to see how they go once on general sale. I do know more and more are echoing your sentiment at this end though.

We are numb to it Blue. As for score and win - we'd need to score. If you compare results over the last 8 games I'd be surprised if your form wasn't the better of the 2.

I'm not sure I said 'you can't sell out for a Derby' but my point regarding this is that it is the derby and if we can't sell 4000 tickets something's wrong, we took about 3500 to Bolton so 4000 to t'b******s should be no problem. On the plus side I might be able to get tickets at this rate - though I'm not sure I want me and my 11 year old herded about like cattle.

Maybe we will Gav, be interesting to see how they go once on general sale. I do know more and more are echoing your sentiment at this end though.

After today how do you feel. Me, Im very very worried.

Well there should be a rush to the ticket office now.

We are there for the taking.

At half time yesterday, couldn't have been more certain. At full time, I had hope. Keep Murphy away from the team and at least we'll have a chance.

Someone on one of their forums saying they'd shifted over 2.5k so far so it looks like they will easily sell four thousand, probably more. Unless a lot of people have a last min change of heart i can't see more than 15/16k home fans going off this seasons crowds. Another monumental embarassment under the Venky, Shagnew, Singh era. Why didn't they make it £20-£25 a pop and fill the place up for once, turn it in to a proper occassion ? Oh wait, that wouldn't cover the Lancs Robocops overtime or their Maccy D's whilst sat in their vans and 4wds whilst the game is on would it. FFS !

There's a young Hull fan who is challenging the West Yorkshire police's decision to insist all Hull fans go by coach to Huddersfield for a Friday night game soon. He lives in Manchester so you can understand why he might be annoyed. I would imagine if he wins that could change things for the future.

Looks like it won't be tried in court after all - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21635215

The dingles have NOT sold 2500 they are well below that figure and tghat is from someone inside their own club.

True to form they are exaggerating then. Maybe he meant they'd sold 2,600 in the home sections then :)

Is Hull vs Huddersfield really a massive problem derby?! Weird

Hooligans and Ultras across the globe wait in eager anticipation for this fixture to be announced. West Yorkshire Police are waiting in dread for the influx of 1700 crazed 'ull fans.

Got to feel for that fan that has to 'go to Hull and back' just to see his team. ^_^

Archived