BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PREVIEW : Rovers vs Leeds Utd - Saturday Feb 23rd 3.00pm

Too many non performers yesterday. Murphy NEVER performs so get rid NOW. Let him captain the reserves. Maybe he can teach them something.

I've only seen Campbell play one game but I fail to see what he brings to the party. Not big, not quick, not skilfull in fact not anything really. How Appleby can justify loaning out Rochina to bring this guy in eludes me. After Kas' injury Rochina would have been ideal to bring on but it is not now an option. Same goes for Formica and Vukcevic, both infinately better than Campbell on this showing. Please don't point out that Campbell was already on. I know that but he should not have a shirt when Pederson is on the bench. Hopefully when Best and Kas are availible he will be a squad player only.

However the crying need is for a dynamic centre midfielder and a left winger until Martin O and King are back.

I also take the point about the lack of substitutes but with that bench who would he have put on to change things? We are currently very weak on the bench due to injuries and non purchase in key positions.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Campbell's more of a player that runs onto balls and gets in behind defenders. As we have no creative players left there is nobody to thread balls through to him. Unlike Rhodes, I don't think he really has the ability to score out of absolutely nothing.

Think it's fairly obvious that we will miss out on even the play-offs this season.

The penny has now dropped with most fans that untold damage has been done to the playing structure over the last two years.

What price Kean, Dann, Olsson, Rhodes being at Ewood next season ?

I fear that it is going to be a long, long haul back.

I hope Shaw, Silk etc already know what cards lie on the table as the the brutal truth is that we could well be finished as a 'major' club if the Raos' plan, if they have one, extends to one season's financial support in the Championship only.

I don't think the vibes are good.

I suspect 2 or possibly 3 will be transferred during the summer !

May not be to Premier league clubs either , that will all depend on who comes down ....

Venkys will accept the money of that I have no doubt !

Appletons appointment in itself shows the ambition of Venkys ...

I am not having a go at Appleton, he has done better than I thought !

Interesting comment on the LT match report.

"Brian McDermots Reading went on a more or less unbeaten run last year because he had the guts and bravery to play all subs and go out to snatch a win in the last twenty odd minutes"[/size]

Sounds like a secret swipe at Appleton and the owners

I was very concerned when MA was appointed, although he's done a decent job under the circumstances.

The summer transfer window will be very interesting, I think it will be more a case of who is sold/released, rather than who is brought in as BRFC will have to cover the financial mistakes of the owners over the past 51 months.

The summer transfer window will be very interesting, I think it will be more a case of who is sold/released, rather than who is brought in as BRFC will have to cover the financial mistakes of the owners over the past 51 months.

Very much agree with this.Will the dreaded Venky's stump up for the financial losses once again?..I think your guess is as good as mine,the few crown jewels we do have will be sold.

We really needed to bounce back first time and we have blown it due to internal choas at the club once more.

Don't expect and response to this and I can't be arsed to read what anyone else has put: Danny Murphy ( DOG5H1T ), DJ Campbell ( waste of space ), Kasim Richards ( Best performance in a Rovers Shirt till injured )

No argument from me pal.

Wouldn't even start Campbell tomorrow.. Only Nuno or Goodwillie who could come in dont know who I'd prefer. Murphy just needs to get out the team he was awful on Saturday, that pass he played for Rhodes' chance was shocking not enough on it at all Jordan did well too get a shot away, one of the only openings we got aswell.

Don't expect and response to this and I can't be arsed to read what anyone else has put: Danny Murphy ( DOG5H1T ), DJ Campbell ( waste of space ), Kasim Richards ( Best performance in a Rovers Shirt till injured )

Murphy - agreed

DJC - agreed

Richards - not sure he did a lot apart from drift around out of position and leave Rekik exposed.

• Backroom

Wouldn't even start Campbell tomorrow.. Only Nuno or Goodwillie who could come in dont know who I'd prefer. Murphy just needs to get out the team he was awful on Saturday, that pass he played for Rhodes' chance was shocking not enough on it at all Jordan did well too get a shot away, one of the only openings we got aswell.

It wasn't the best pass in the world but it wasn't shocking, fact is with that ball in that position the striker should at least make the keeper work, Rhodes lack of pace really lets him down in situations like that

It wasn't the best pass in the world but it wasn't shocking, fact is with that ball in that position the striker should at least make the keeper work, Rhodes lack of pace really lets him down in situations like that

I might of been a tad harsh but it was certainly under-hit. Also in the first half I remember we were breaking 3 on 3 maybe even 4 on 3 and he played the wrong pass and completely stalled the attack. You'd of thought his decision making would be better at times for a man who's played seasons in the top division. Also for someone with a distinct lack of pace he needs to make up for that with quality and he hasn't shown that quality enough this season.

• Backroom

My problem with murphy is one I have with Pedersen as well, I would never doubt the commitment or work rate of Pedersen but when he gets the ball sometimes the pass itself is a bit lazy, struck with little conviction and just kind of a swing in the general direction.

But his lack of pace wouldn't matter if the ball had moved faster and he hadn't had to stop and wait for it before looking to shoot.

Many aspects of football can be vastly improved with training and technique, lack of pace can be improved only very slightly. If you sign a slow player you end up with a slow player.

Archived