BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If (And its a big if)we get to Wembley.....

TBTF

I just wonder what kind of reaction we will get in terms of turn out?

Normally we would all but fill our allocation, but with all thats gone on and many , many fans barely giving a toss any more, how many would we take there?

Bear in mind that despite best attempts to talk up our attendances at Ewood we all know the reality is that we probably have about 8 or 9000 inside the ground-balls to the reported 13500.

Would popular opinion be that we manage to bring back the missing thousands or will we be mortally embarrassed at an abject public turnout and a half empty end at Wembers?

I think it fair to say there would be a significant entourage from India who would see it as a major sign of ''we wanted to make our fans happy'' and ''look at all our fans''.No doubt Shebby would take centre stage again in the build up.

Obviously we all want to get to Wembley , subject BRAG (very quiet by the way) agreeing that its the right thing for the Club but i am braced for some stomach churning behaviour from within if it does happen.

Whats the view??

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trips to Wembley and the Millennium Stadium are special occasions and not your standard dank, wet Tuesday night at home to Watford.

Almost every Rovers fan whose circumstances allow them to go, will want to go.

Nothing wrong at all with that, some people need to pick and choose which games they can attend and a trip to Wembley is certainly one that not many would actually want to give a miss.

If we got to Wembley I would go but I would still bitch and moan at the ludicrous decision to have semi-finals at Wembley. I would much rather be going to the dump that is Villa Park. Wembley should be finals only.

If we played Wigan in the semi final at Wembley we would take about 20,000 between us. If we played Wigan at Old Trafford we would take double that. Ludicrous.

Factor in the likely very expensive ticket prices. Last year was 30-60 quid with only a tenner knocked off for concessions, then I would be shocked if we took any more than we did for the cardiff semi final.

I'd still be there, but there are other in our group who say they wont attend a semi at wembley.

I just wonder what kind of reaction we will get in terms of turn out?

Normally we would all but fill our allocation, but with all thats gone on and many , many fans barely giving a toss any more, how many would we take there?

Bear in mind that despite best attempts to talk up our attendances at Ewood we all know the reality is that we probably have about 8 or 9000 inside the ground-balls to the reported 13500.

Would popular opinion be that we manage to bring back the missing thousands or will we be mortally embarrassed at an abject public turnout and a half empty end at Wembers?

I think it fair to say there would be a significant entourage from India who would see it as a major sign of ''we wanted to make our fans happy'' and ''look at all our fans''.No doubt Shebby would take centre stage again in the build up.

Obviously we all want to get to Wembley , subject BRAG (very quiet by the way) agreeing that its the right thing for the Club but i am braced for some stomach churning behaviour from within if it does happen.

Whats the view??

I think we would really struggle to get more than 15k at a Wembley semi final. If we got Wigan or another small team they should really look to move it at least up into the midlands. It's crackers to play it at Wembley.

There are probably only twenty or so clubs in the country that could bring 40k to London for a semi final. No town club can do that.

If we got to Wembley I would go but I would still bitch and moan at the ludicrous decision to have semi-finals at Wembley. I would much rather be going to the dump that is Villa Park. Wembley should be finals only.

If we played Wigan in the semi final at Wembley we would take about 20,000 between us. If we played Wigan at Old Trafford we would take double that. Ludicrous.

Spot on. Completely understandable that people don't want to fork out for two potential trips to Wembley either. In this circumstance it will work out quite well for me though as I'll be on holiday when the cup final is on making the semi the only chance I might get to see Rovers at the new Wembley for a long while. I still think the semi's should be played at a neutral stadium such as one of the two Manchester clubs or Villa Park if we face a Southern club, not just for the cost but having two games at Wembley takes the prestige away from the final.

I must be in the minority here. The FA Cup semis are our best chance to reach Wembley in a long, long time and possibly for a long time to come.

Agree.

Cost would be an issue to me, however I would make sure that I do what is needed to be there.

Been 17 years since charity shield appearance. I was only a nipper and vaguely remember it.

Been a footballing dream of mine to watch Rovers at Wembley. Was always gutted when we got to the Semi-s and had to play at the Millenium Stadium.

Would love it if we managed to get to Wembley. Probably our only chance this season.

I guess it would be great for smaller clubs like ourselves and Barnsley who realistically, have no chance of reaching the final, get an opportunity to see their team at one of the best stadiums in th world.

If Rovers get to wembley for FA Cup semi final / championship final (if either happen) I think many boycotters would return. Rovers and wembley extremely rare events. Folk would raise the funds needed. Not many supporters of any club, would like to miss out on a trip to wembley to watch their team play. Rovers fans would be no different.

• Backroom

With 3 trips to Wembley coming someone better get started on BRFCS travel!

Only jesting it would be fantastic to get there once but any more is pretty much out of the realms of possibility now

Just because you are owned by chicken farmers you still shouldn't count them before they've hatched you know

It did say 'if (and its a big if)' in the title you goon!! Or sorry not learnt to read yet over there have you??

This is true, did I mention we've already been?

Top manager that Owen Coyle.No wonder all Burnley fans love him....anyway back on topic....

• Backroom

This is true, did I mention we've already been?

That's nice. Meanwhile in the last twenty years we've been premiership champions, been managed by Kenny Dalglish, had the likes of Shearer, Sutton, Tugay, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Samba amongst others play for us, won the League Cup, played in Europe numerous times, and had the pleasure of beating your sorry selves twice in the only season we've both been in the Premier League.

Bloody envious of your Wembley trip though, and not being able to see our team led by the likes of Stan Ternent.

Archived