BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If (And its a big if)we get to Wembley.....

TBTF

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we play Wigan in a semi final are you saying that you think it is better to be at Wembley than Old Trafford?

Better per se, no.

Better for Rovers fans, yes. (In that we will struggle to get to Wembley at all otherwise).

Put it another way. Would you prefer we never got to Wembley?

Oh dear. Been dragged down to idiot level again.

I'll learn one day.

Typical BRFCS posting "if you don't share my point of view, you're an idiot".

Better per se, no.

Better for Rovers fans, yes. (In that we will struggle to get to Wembley at all otherwise).

Put it another way. Would you prefer we never got to Wembley?

Typical BRFCS posting "if you don't share my point of view, you're an idiot".

When we get to Wembley I want it to mean something. I want it to be a special occasion. If we got to a semi-final and won what would we achieve - just another trip to Wembley

Of course I wouldn't prefer never to get the Wembley. However Bradford, Blackpool, West Ham, Huddersfield, Sheff United, Cheltenham, Crewe, York, Luton, Chesterfield and Swindon have all got there in the last 12 months in games that meant a great deal. It's not like the opportunity is only there for the elite clubs in the land.

Add in the fact last year that the Liverpool V Everton semi final kicked off on Saturday at 12.30pm and Chelsea V Spurs kicked off Sunday at 6pm and it's a complete joke.

I guess my glass is half full, Hasta. For me it'd be a gamble not to go to the semi final.

In an ideal world, yes, let's wait until we reach a final, and have the semi at OT or Villa Park. But I might not get that chance again in my lifetime to watch Rovers play at Wembley so I'll take it if it comes along.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves but if we drew Man Utd in the semis our chances of getting back there would be remote.

Forget any thoughts of Wembley, we wont beat Millwall based on the last 2 games efforts.

That's what I'm talking about.

We'll be very lucky to get there for a semi, let alone a final.

As I said on my first post IF (and big IF) we got there I would be there no matter what. However if we got there and they held the semi at The Emirates I'd still be there.

At the moment I would take luckily avoiding defeat at The Den and getting a replay.

I've never seen such a one-sided cup final. Such a mismatch.

The Bradford fans have been magnificent, by the way.

I remember when Spurs fans vacated the Millenium Stadium to a man. No chance of that with Bradford.

• Backroom

Suppose I see it differently to most, the ref did the right thing sending him off, rules shouldn't be different due to sentiment and of De Guzman is the penalty taker I have no issue with him whatsoever taking it, Dyers reaction showed himself up

De Guzman had every right to take it but he should've let Dyer have it imo.

The ref should have sent the keeper off though.

Cardiff fans will be gutted......they get to the playoff final and lose. The next year their main rivals get to the playoff final and get promoted. Then they lose in a League Cup final, and next year their rivals get to the final and win haha.

if anybody is really interested bout finances, this was taken off the Liverpool website for last years semi.........

"12% of the adult tickets are priced at £60, 41% are priced at £50, 31% are priced at £40 and 16% are priced at £30.

A £10 concession off each price will be available to juniors aged 16 years and under and over 65s
also received an allocation of 100 Wheelchair disabled tickets priced at £30 together with 100 Personal Assistant free of charge."

We aren't even there but I already know I'm not going to the semi final as it should be at Old Trafford or Villa Park.

You couldn't have kept me away even a year ago but now I still don't have the necessary motivation to go to a league game so why should a cup semi final (millions of miles away at a ground that is chosen only for the FA to pay for the ludicrously overpriced stadium that people moan about devaluing the final yet still attend instead of staying away in protest until the FA play semi finals elsewhere) be any different as it would be hypocritical of me to jump on the bandwagon for a semi final even if it is at the soulless new Wembley that isn't fit to wipe the old ones backside. It's on telly anyway. And the FA can kiss my arse too.

Remember it's THE PEOPLE WHO PAY for semi finals at Wembley who keep them there. Vote with your feet and don't be a sheep (could be a slogan that) ;)

Sad as it may sound but I have already made the decision that I couldn't even be arsed to attend the play off final as it's just another game and it's on telly as well as being another contrived money making occasion I very much doubt I'd even renew my ST if we won the play off final at the moment........however the FA Cup final would turn my head as that's a real occasion.

Sad though as I have enjoyed EVERY other cup final, cup semi final, play off final, play off semi final, charity shield

Disillusioned of Bamber Bridge

We aren't even there but I already know I'm not going to the semi final as it should be at Old Trafford or Villa Park.

You couldn't have kept me away even a year ago but now I still don't have the necessary motivation to go to a league game so why should a cup semi final (millions of miles away at a ground that is chosen only for the FA to pay for the ludicrously overpriced stadium that people moan about devaluing the final yet still attend instead of staying away in protest until the FA play semi finals elsewhere) be any different as it would be hypocritical of me to jump on the bandwagon for a semi final even if it is at the soulless new Wembley that isn't fit to wipe the old ones backside. It's on telly anyway. And the FA can kiss my arse too.

Remember it's THE PEOPLE WHO PAY for semi finals at Wembley who keep them there. Vote with your feet and don't be a sheep (could be a slogan that) ;)

Sad as it may sound but I have already made the decision that I couldn't even be arsed to attend the play off final as it's just another game and it's on telly as well as being another contrived money making occasion I very much doubt I'd even renew my ST if we won the play off final at the moment........however the FA Cup final would turn my head as that's a real occasion.

Sad though as I have enjoyed EVERY other cup final, cup semi final, play off final, play off semi final, charity shield

Disillusioned of Bamber Bridge

What is the seat of your being so disillusioned to the point of not wanting to go anymore?

Not that I'm over enamoured by the way but I personally find it difficult to understand why, irrespective, one would be so adamant when you clearly have an interest otherwise you wouldn't populate the MB.

What would you change to rekindle your desire to attend?

It's been festering for a while but I've been growing increasingly out of love with the game for a while. From the sky hype of the vastly over rated premier league, to the dire spectacles of the last few world cups and the pant wetting over countless damp squibs of the so called 'champions league'.

Everything has been about money for two decades now but its been increasing exponentially over the last decade to the point where clubs forsake everything in favour of the league and where finishing a pitiful 4th is more favourable to winning silverware.

The Rovers slump came at a bad time for me personally as I found myself disinterested in (even before the Venky era where I did not enjoy being told that I should be grateful to fall asleep in the cold watching the ball get covered in snow every other week) paying to watch and paying to support an undeserving rabble from a bereft squad who couldn't give a toss over anything more than their wage to the useless owners and a succession of clueless managers (post Sam). I felt they were taking the @#/? out of the fans so I didn't renew for the first time in, god knows, something like 22 years.

I think it was Hughes' last full season when I last went to Ewood every week with a spring in my step, where the club was actively interested in moving forwards and a feeling that anything could happen and some of it may actually be good and fairly interesting. However I still have interest in seeing the club do well even if I 'presently' do not feel the desire to participate on matchdays and will wait for the club to assemble the staff who's desire is deserving of my finances. The early signs of the Appleton era are encouraging but I will sit on the fence and watch, possibly the remainder of 2013, before making a re-assessment.

After all there are plenty of other things to do like walking the Lakeland fells and camping.

Bit of an incoherent ramble but I'm sure I am not alone. Maybe it is just a part of growing old?

Archived