BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] **Leicester City v Rovers** Tuesday 26th February

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What I'd love to know is why some expect us to lose and then slag the team and manager off when we do?

Just because Appleton briefly raised expectations, he isn't at fault if we don't go up. If we survive in this league, he's done his job. If we get above 10th, he's done pretty great. If we make the play-offs/FA semi he's done very bloody well. If we go up and/or get to the FA final he's a miracle-worker.

Consolidate for one season then look for success. It worked for Souey, Hughes and Sam. I think it'll work for Appleton.

Despite their wobble, Leicester to be favourites tonight.

We can lock the back door, but we struggle to score ... added to that, we're traditionally the team any side having a bad run should play, as we always lose in such circumstances.

1-0 to Leicester.

Leicester are favourites, no doubt ut that. im incredibly surprised they are such short odds. A double on Rovers and draw is above evens. That's crazy!

Perhaps I'll eat my words after the match.

Leicester are favourites, no doubt about that. im incredibly surprised they are such short odds though. A double on Rovers and draw is above evens. That's crazy!

Perhaps I'll eat my words after the match.

What I'd love to know is why some expect us to lose and then slag the team and manager off when we do?

Just because Appleton briefly raised expectations, he isn't at fault if we don't go up. If we survive in this league, he's done his job. If we get above 10th, he's done pretty great. If we make the play-offs/FA semi he's done very bloody well. If we go up and/or get to the FA final he's a miracle-worker.

Consolidate for one season then look for success. It worked for Souey, Hughes and Sam. I think it'll work for Appleton.

Spot on

Not many goals there I'm afraid. I suppose the team more or less picks itself with all the injuries. I'd take a draw now bad as Leicester are playing.

Very poor midfield. Need pace. Olsson has pace but no technical ability. No one in that midfield can beat a man for pace. Means we rely on long ball up to Campbell and Rhodes which doesnt play to their strength.

Just goes to prove the lack of balance in the squad.

Sounds like we are getting a right tanking again. To be honest, with this midfield I can't see us getting enough people up to even threaten to score. Hope I'm wrong but we have been desperately poor going forward all season and don't expect anything better here.

Wow. Don't expect any fast-paced counter-attacks tonight.

Bit worrying that away from home. I would have played Markus myself for those reasons. If not then we should have gone with 4-5-1 and at least given ourselves a chance of working the ball through the midfield. Not sure Campbell has it in him to be a link man with no pace on the wings.

Disappointing to hear that Pedersen, Bentley and Murphy were squabbling over a set piece. That should have been decided in training.

FFS, not wishing to sound like an old fogey but what do I pay my BBC Licence fee for if they can't do a proper commentary?

When the BBC deigns to provide us with the commentary I pay my licence fee for, it sounds like we're being out-numbered in midfield! Drinkwater appears to be running the game for them.

• Backroom

Oh well can't say I'm too worried as I had written this season off

My main concern is us sorting the midfield in summer, if that doesn't happen then promotion next season will be out of the question as well

They should have scored a minute ago and now they have. Don't worry about a winger appy, how about sorting out that gaping hole we have in CM!!!

Unless the centre midfielders are the ones who are letting the Leicester wingers just walk past them then I can't see what their goal has to do with our CM, as bad as it may be it isn't the issue in this game at the moment

Archived