BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another guy in the manager''s chair but whats changed?

TBTF

The more important issue is that the club gets back on its feet and is in a position to challenge and improve for years to come. That's a big challenge.

Is the current manager up to the task? The jury is very much out on that one imo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most the very highly paid players are either crap(murphy, robinson, etuhu, morten, givet, kazim, etc..), hopfully we can get rid of as many as possible in the summer and replace them with more sensibly paid quality players(though I cant see murphy going anywhere unless he accepts a huge wage drop).

Will cost us money to move them on (even if there are any takers) and even bigger money to assemble a proper squad. .Appletons player loans and targets dont inspire me so far especially if they have to have played for West Brom /Pompey/Blackpool.

But Venkys are the only ones with the power to change anything and its they who have to be held responsible-even for the parasites that they have employed.

Appleton has a PR Company behind him and there seems to be daily quotes from him coming out with stuff that the fans want to hear. But there is a difference between saying what needs to be done and actually doing it. He might have made some baby steps in the right direction but he's got a long way to go yet, I guess he would agree if you asked him directly.

On the subject of the squad nothing has changed since the start of the season, it's still full of way past their prime dross. You could go back several years and say the same, we haven't seen a sudden decline it's been happening for ages.

Rovers if they really want to move on and upward are going to have to pay off some of the dross and make sure they get in better replacements, Pedersen will have to be paid off (I said at the time giving him that bumper new contract was a stupid idea) as will Dunny. Murphy is only going to decline next season, he has got to go, so does Etuhu. I'm not that sold on Lowe either, he hasn't shown he is a decent midfielder at Championship level yet (I do accept that playing alongside Murphy could be a factor in his poor performances).

Thinking about it can anyone make a case for any of our CM's being a must keep player? I can't, you could get rid of all of them and rebuild from scratch and I wouldn't complain, the quality at that position is really that bad.

Appleton has a PR Company behind him and there seems to be daily quotes from him coming out with stuff that the fans want to hear. But there is a difference between saying what needs to be done and actually doing it. He might have made some baby steps in the right direction but he's got a long way to go yet, I guess he would agree if you asked him directly.

On the subject of the squad nothing has changed since the start of the season, it's still full of way past their prime dross. You could go back several years and say the same, we haven't seen a sudden decline it's been happening for ages.

Rovers if they really want to move on and upward are going to have to pay off some of the dross and make sure they get in better replacements, Pedersen will have to be paid off (I said at the time giving him that bumper new contract was a stupid idea) as will Dunny. Murphy is only going to decline next season, he has got to go, so does Etuhu. I'm not that sold on Lowe either, he hasn't shown he is a decent midfielder at Championship level yet (I do accept that playing alongside Murphy could be a factor in his poor performances).

Thinking about it can anyone make a case for any of our CM's being a must keep player? I can't, you could get rid of all of them and rebuild from scratch and I wouldn't complain, the quality at that position is really that bad.

I can.

Lowe is a must keep, the lad will be invaluable for us next season as without him we will struggle. We'll need home grown players for the Euro cupn after we win the FA cup this season.

"Mr. E you complete **** you understand nothing about football and are the most negative person ever on these boards."

Yes, the manager, squad, owners are a problem. Tragically, there is an even bigger problem at Rovers.

I can.

Lowe is a must keep, the lad will be invaluable for us next season as without him we will struggle. We'll need home grown players for the Euro cupn after we win the FA cup this season.

Yep. He's top drawer. I've not seen a young player come through the ranks like him for a long while. Quality. Hope we can keep hold of him in the summer.

Yep. He's top drawer. I've not seen a young player come through the ranks like him for a long while. Quality. Hope we can keep hold of him in the summer.

Agreed buddy. I'm rivalling Katie B as his number 1 fan at the moment.

Very worrying that we've started to fall apart under Appleton now as we did under Berg after a decent start.

I am still of the opinion the management we have been appointing is still a bigger problem than the squad. We'll never really know just how good this squad is until they are managed by someone with experience and even a half decent track record, rather than appointing inexperience and poor track records.

Is the answer to get rid of Appleton? Of course not at this stage. But we're not getting promoted now and we're hopefully not getting relegated either (touch wood); if the remainder of the season we go into freefall like we did during Berg's reign then I would be keen on us bringing in someone new as much as I realise Venky's are unlikely to appoint someone with a half decent track record.

If our form picks up and we win some, lose some then I think Appleton will deserve a fair crack of the whip and a pre season etc.

Guest Norbert

Like who though SR? Let's say the rest of the season goes to sh_t, who would want to come in after the shambles that has seen 5 people being the manager. Yes, 5. Simon Grayson? Not unless we offered a tasty contract at the least. Mark Hughes? Not a chance. Bernt Schuster? Don't make me laugh. Let's say Appleton was binned at the end of this season after a bad run, we'd be lucky to get Peter Taylor for goodness sake. And since we're owned by the Indian circus, we'd end up with Judian Ali with some random scrawny Hindu holy man in his pants as assistant.

The midfield or more accurately the lack of one has been our undoing for longer than I care to think about it. They don't defend and they don't attack. They just wear a shirt.

Archived