BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The True Nature of our Owners Contempt Exposed - Again...

As if we didn't need any confirmation that the people behind Blackburn Rovers are charlatans whose only concern is money, news comes this week of the apparent dismissal of key figures at Blackburn Rovers Community Trust and plans to destroy the good work done by this organisation in schools and the community in the local area.

Both the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the Community Trust have had their employment terminated. These are people who, for the past 8 years have given their all in order to create a viable community oriented and highly respected provider of educational and sporting services across the North West. Now, it appears that the powers that be within the club have decided to dispense with their services and to 'cut back' on the role played by the Community Trust in developing goodwill and real value in the lives of children, older people, smalll businesses and educational institutions in Blackburn.

You may not be aware of the brand, but for a number of years there has been an organisation operating in the Darwen end dedicated to developing hearts, minds and bodies using the football club as a base. Over the years many thousands of children will have enjoyed visiting Ewood to undertake after school clubs, remedial classes to support their development, sporting tours and the use of facilities such as the BRIC.

Also a wide range of small businesses have benefitted from the prestige of a business address associated with a proud and significant brand (Blackburn Rovers) in incubator units set up and run by the Community Trust.

Since the ownership of the club changed the writing has been on the wall, however. Our new owners don't care about the important community work and education facilities provided by the Community Trust. They do care enough to have been taking a very substantial amount of money from the organisation, from the public funds resulting from the club being part of the Premier League - but now that that particular honey pot has dried up with no likelihood of ever being reinstated, they are axing the Trust.

What kind of people willfully destroy years of work and dedication that has been used to develop one of the country's leading organisations of its type? (Tories, I hear you say?) What level of intellect deems it preferable to squander years of effort, planning, development and relationship building, in favour of saving a few pounds? What kind of people deliberately withdraw support from a service that clearly meets an enduring connection between the club and it's community?

Idiots - that is what kind of people.

Morons - that is what kind of people

Punatics - that is what kind of people

People, that is, who do not deserve ANY association with this club, this brand, this tradition, this community.

The truth is, there has been a prolonged and devastating attack on everything held sacred at Blackburn Rovers. This latest act is simply further evidence that these people care nothing about the good name of Blackburn Rovers, and are prepared to go to any desperate lengths to wring the last penny of value from anything associated with the club.

Management? Owners?

Charlatans and scoundrels - every last one of them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very clever on their part and part of the end game. Alienate the community and no one will really give a toss when we are no more. Their belief anyway. I said from the off Appleton is part of that plan.

The whole fabric of the club is being systematically destroyed by a stupid, backward family from India. I curse the day these morons bought Blackburn Rovers. I hate them with a passion.

Very clever on their part and part of the end game. Alienate the community and no one will really give a toss when we are no more. Their belief anyway. I said from the off Appleton is part of that plan.

how the #### is Appleton part of the plan???

what a stupid comment

Unless there are plans too set up a new scheme to replace the trust, this is just vile, there contempt for the fans and local community is disgusting and far worst than anything they have done on the footballing side.

I cant help but think they are doing all they can too re-ignite protests(or worst!), then they could just put the club into administration and walk away grinning.

The Trust is fundemental to the fabric of The Club, protection of it's heritage and the attraction of youngsters to be future paying supporters as everyone knows.

If it is to be wound down or finished completely, it would be the most ludicrous decision, amongst many IMO, that this shower have made to date.

What is the total annual cost of The Trust?

Whatever, in terms of the great scheme of things, I guess would be akin to deciding to replace a floodlight bulb or not.

These scum bag @#/? head Venkys make me want to puke.

Articles like this make me want to vomit.

Rovers have become a laughing stock, I feel lke i want to throw up.

Venky @#/? bags make me sick.

Which article?

Apart from our learned colleague, who has confirmed this news? Or even confirmed what the news is?

The trust is not directly part of the club, nor is it funded by the club. And this has been the case since before the venkys arrived.

Not being in the PL (which I agree is venkys fault) will have a bigger detrimental effect to the trust's income than the venkys could ever hope to have.

Our famous old club,THE focal point of this Town/Community for well over 100 years is being destroyed by idiots and the hard part is there appears sweet FA we can do about it.

When these Pune loons leave (regardless of whatever awful mess we are left in) BRFC it will be a joyful day indeed..a real f'kin champagne moment!

Our famous old club,THE focal point of this Town/Community for well over 100 years is being destroyed by idiots and the hard part is there appears sweet FA we can do about it.

When these Pune loons leave what is left of BRFC it will be a joyful day indeed.

+100

I would like some clarity and further clarification from the originator of the thread before I personally make a further judgement on the matter.

Who can believe what in the days of angling's cyber resurgence?

A great deal of damage can be caused by a misplaced cast!

• Backroom

I would like some clarity and further clarification from the originator of the thread before I personally make a further judgement on the matter.

I think that is fair

Lets wait till we know a bit more about what has gone on

If everything the originator of the thread says is true, you would still find some reason not to condemn Venkys.

If everything the originator of the thread says is true, you would still find some reason not to condemn Venkys.

You're having a laugh!

Their tenure has been a @#/? joke albeit not funny. Surely there is no need to elaborate.

My only issue has always been a viable financial alternative, please correct me if I've missed one or indeed you have one in the pipeline

Archived