BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The True Nature of our Owners Contempt Exposed - Again...

You're having a laugh!

Their tenure has been a @#/? joke albeit not funny. Surely there is no need to elaborate.

My only issue has always been a viable financial alternative, please correct me if I've missed one or indeed you have one in the pipeline

You really think that if Venkys decided to sell, no-one would want to buy us??? It wouldn't be at the crazy price Venkys expect but that's another story.

Surely, you've just caused "untold damage" by saying Venky's tenure is a keaning joke"? As did the "Snowball Two"! Why we are so nice to them I have no idea.

Is it because no-one else would buy us? Now there's a keaning joke.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really think that if Venkys decided to sell, no-one would want to buy us??? It wouldn't be at the crazy price Venkys expect but that's another story.

Surely, you've just caused "untold damage" by saying Venky's tenure is a keaning joke"? As did the "Snowball Two"! Why we are so nice to them I have no idea.

Is it because no-one else would buy us? Now there's a keaning joke.

I don't really know what you're eluding to 47.

Do I think there would be any potential purchasers other than out of receivership for a nominal quid? No I don't. (Just my opinion of course). They were hardly queuing up 36 months ago let alone now.

I'd gladly stand corrected, in fact be ecstatic, if wrong.

I don't really know what you're eluding to 47.

Don't worry, I don't think he does either.

Waiting for official confirmation before you foam at the mouth sounds fair game to me and doesn't make you a Venky's apologist.

The trust is not directly part of the club, nor is it funded by the club. And this has been the case since before the venkys arrived.

Not being in the PL (which I agree is venkys fault) will have a bigger detrimental effect to the trust's income than the venkys could ever hope to have.

Only one sensible post on here. BRCT was never funded by the club to any significant extent. The OP is way off target.

Mind you it has reminded me Shabby informed us a few months ago the Raos would provide a life saving operation for someone in Blackburn which then changed to funding life saving equipment. This was to demonstrate their cate for the community. Still waiting.

More @#/? from all concerned.

Don't worry, I don't think he does either.Waiting for official confirmation before you foam at the mouth sounds fair game to me and doesn't make you a Venky's apologist.

It ain't worry Toppers just despair on several fronts!

The trust is not directly part of the club, nor is it funded by the club. And this has been the case since before the venkys arrived.

Not being in the PL (which I agree is venkys fault) will have a bigger detrimental effect to the trust's income than the venkys could ever hope to have.

Only one sensible post on here. BRCT was never funded by the club to any significant extent. The OP is way off target.

Mind you it has reminded me Shabby informed us a few months ago the Raos would provide a life saving operation for someone in Blackburn which then changed to funding life saving equipment. This was to demonstrate their care for the community. Still waiting.

It is true, this happened a few months back. My sister is best mates with one of them who was told to pack their bags. Surprised this has only just surfaced now.

You are correct to a certain degree here - The Community Trust was significantly cut back some months ago, and its operations very much curtailed, with the loss of key staff in marketing, community development and education. However, the real bombshell - the release of the archtiects of the Trust's success since inception, only happened very recently, as did the decision to 'refocus' the activities of the remaining staff on less community oriented and more profit related work.

I would like some clarity and further clarification from the originator of the thread before I personally make a further judgement on the matter.

Who can believe what in the days of angling's cyber resurgence?

A great deal of damage can be caused by a misplaced cast!

Facts are facts - the Managing Director and her husband have been let go, and the Community Trust no longer has a key focus on community relations, or the support and education of children and disadvantaged members of our local area.

So a charity has released its executive and deputy executive who happen to be husband and wife and it's because Venkys are corrupt? Where's my tin hat...

You are clearly missing the point - the Club, Blackburn Rovers, has acted unilaterally to bring in house the operations and activities of an organisation that previously operated independently and for the benefit of a wider group of stakeholders than just the fans. By doing so they have a) signalled a strategic intent to break up something that has histrically shown to generate a great deal of value for the Brand and b ) placed cost-control and the profit motive before a broader and more philanthropic set of values around the club's role in our community

Mind you it has reminded me Shabby informed us a few months ago the Raos would provide a life saving operation for someone in Blackburn which then changed to funding life saving equipment. This was to demonstrate their care for the community. Still waiting.

Correct - BRCT was always an independent entity, till now. Mark my words, there will be no long term Community-oriented activity associated with the club. This will impact schoolchildren, (no after school sessions, no sport in the community sessions in half term and summer breaks) pensioners (no music and movement classes, no zumba classes, no subsidised facilities to meet in and break up the day).

But as you all point out - WHO CARES? I mean, it is only BIG CLUBS that can afford to throw a few pounds from the sickening gravy train to benefit those less fortunate from their local communities. Since Rovers are clearly no longer at the top table / trough, why should the club be bothered about maintaining links with its local community. It is, after all, only a self-serving, inwardly focused, home for chancers wasters and opportunists with their snouts in a money pot - and WE THE COMMUNITY, CLEARLY DO NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things.

If you remove the head, you kill the beast. Job. Done.

You are correct to a certain degree here - The Community Trust was significantly cut back some months ago, and its operations very much curtailed, with the loss of key staff in marketing, community development and education. However, the real bombshell - the release of the archtiects of the Trust's success since inception, only happened very recently, as did the decision to 'refocus' the activities of the remaining staff on less community oriented and more profit related work.

Facts are facts - the Managing Director and her husband have been let go, and the Community Trust no longer has a key focus on community relations, or the support and education of children and disadvantaged members of our local area.

You are clearly missing the point - the Club, Blackburn Rovers, has acted unilaterally to bring in house the operations and activities of an organisation that previously operated independently and for the benefit of a wider group of stakeholders than just the fans. By doing so they have a) signalled a strategic intent to break up something that has histrically shown to generate a great deal of value for the Brand and b ) placed cost-control and the profit motive before a broader and more philanthropic set of values around the club's role in our community

Correct - BRCT was always an independent entity, till now. Mark my words, there will be no long term Community-oriented activity associated with the club. This will impact schoolchildren, (no after school sessions, no sport in the community sessions in half term and summer breaks) pensioners (no music and movement classes, no zumba classes, no subsidised facilities to meet in and break up the day).

But as you all point out - WHO CARES? I mean, it is only BIG CLUBS that can afford to throw a few pounds from the sickening gravy train to benefit those less fortunate from their local communities. Since Rovers are clearly no longer at the top table / trough, why should the club be bothered about maintaining links with its local community. It is, after all, only a self-serving, inwardly focused, home for chancers wasters and opportunists with their snouts in a money pot - and WE THE COMMUNITY, CLEARLY DO NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things.

If you remove the head, you kill the beast. Job. Done.

Whilst a lot of what you've posted here is a touch inflammatory, I'm afraid to say that you might have hit the nail on the head. Symbolically, removing the one arm of an organisation that truly reaches out to the local community is indicative of the fact that things may have become "personal." Sad that we're at the mercy of whim.

No one doubts the fantastic work of BRCT plus I have a friend who used to work their. It's closure is a sad day.

I have never supported the Raos or the idiots they employ but you appear to be way off target with this. BRCT as you agree was independent of the club and funded by the Premier League. Those funds have gone.

Yes there is an argument the club should make up the shortfall but that is a different discussion. Where are the facts to support the view the club are responsible for this? If BRCT is independent how can the club close it down?

Clearly you're angry but most of this is a rant with nothing to support the point.

No one doubts the fantastic work of BRCT plus I have a friend who used to work their. It's closure is a sad day.

I have never supported the Raos or the idiots they employ but you appear to be way off target with this. BRCT as you agree was independent of the club and funded by the Premier League. Those funds have gone.

Yes there is an argument the club should make up the shortfall but that is a different discussion. Where are the facts to support the view the club are responsible for this? If BRCT is independent how can the club close it down?

Again. Where is this confirmed?

Has the Community Trust been closed? Their website is still up and running and offering Matchday coaching.

Has the Community Trust been closed? Their website is still up and running and offering Matchday coaching.

Well there's matchday coaching this morning! And next week, and the week after....

• Backroom

If I recall the action group turned down the chance to help with the operation thing, not sure if that was the end of the matter or not

If I recall the action group turned down the chance to help with the operation thing, not sure if that was the end of the matter or not

We decided that it was something that we would feel uncomfortable with, how do you choose on person over another? We suggested an investment in a heart scanner at Royal Blackburn or something that could benefit the community as a whole would be better.

I was down at the BRIC this morning, and made a point of asking the lads in the Community Trust office about these rumours. They laughed at me. They then recommended that I stay away from message boards.

I was down at the BRIC this morning, and made a point of asking the lads in the Community Trust office about these rumours. They laughed at me. They then recommended that I stay away from message boards.

Enough said I guess.

+1

In all manner of ways, the snowball that hit Mr D could turn out to be one of the most expensive in history.

It is my contention that Venky's have probably only been the true unencumbered owners since the start of this season.

What is a matter of record is that the Rovers' parent company has been re capitalised and that there are no mortgages lodged against either VLL or Rovers.

Equaly a matter of record is the Venky's record of charity in India and their statement regarding charity in Blackburn.

We have seen a worrying series of withdrawal from fringe activities eg ladies football funding and it remains to ve seen whether the overall cost cutting in January will extend to the club in general in the weeks and months ahead.

Our famous old club,THE focal point of this Town/Community for well over 100 years is being destroyed by idiots and the hard part is there appears sweet FA we can do about it.

When these Pune loons leave (regardless of whatever awful mess we are left in) BRFC it will be a joyful day indeed..a real f'kin champagne moment!

Whether these rumours are true or not by christ I stand by what I say folks!!

In all manner of ways, the snowball that hit Mr D could turn out to be one of the most expensive in history.

It is my contention that Venky's have probably only been the true unencumbered owners since the start of this season.

What is a matter of record is that the Rovers' parent company has been re capitalised and that there are no mortgages lodged against either VLL or Rovers.

Equaly a matter of record is the Venky's record of charity in India and their statement regarding charity in Blackburn.

We have seen a worrying series of withdrawal from fringe activities eg ladies football funding and it remains to ve seen whether the overall cost cutting in January will extend to the club in general in the weeks and months ahead.

Philip - you lost me with this.

No mortgages against Rovers - surely a good thing ?

Venky's record of charitable acts - surely a good thing ?

I thought the club had said funding would remain for the ladies team ?

As if we didn't need any confirmation that the people behind Blackburn Rovers are charlatans whose only concern is money, news comes this week of the apparent dismissal of key figures at Blackburn Rovers Community Trust and plans to destroy the good work done by this organisation in schools and the community in the local area.

Both the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the Community Trust have had their employment terminated. These are people who, for the past 8 years have given their all in order to create a viable community oriented and highly respected provider of educational and sporting services across the North West. Now, it appears that the powers that be within the club have decided to dispense with their services and to 'cut back' on the role played by the Community Trust in developing goodwill and real value in the lives of children, older people, smalll businesses and educational institutions in Blackburn.

You may not be aware of the brand, but for a number of years there has been an organisation operating in the Darwen end dedicated to developing hearts, minds and bodies using the football club as a base. Over the years many thousands of children will have enjoyed visiting Ewood to undertake after school clubs, remedial classes to support their development, sporting tours and the use of facilities such as the BRIC.

Also a wide range of small businesses have benefitted from the prestige of a business address associated with a proud and significant brand (Blackburn Rovers) in incubator units set up and run by the Community Trust.

Since the ownership of the club changed the writing has been on the wall, however. Our new owners don't care about the important community work and education facilities provided by the Community Trust. They do care enough to have been taking a very substantial amount of money from the organisation, from the public funds resulting from the club being part of the Premier League - but now that that particular honey pot has dried up with no likelihood of ever being reinstated, they are axing the Trust.

What kind of people willfully destroy years of work and dedication that has been used to develop one of the country's leading organisations of its type? (Tories, I hear you say?) What level of intellect deems it preferable to squander years of effort, planning, development and relationship building, in favour of saving a few pounds? What kind of people deliberately withdraw support from a service that clearly meets an enduring connection between the club and it's community?

Idiots - that is what kind of people.

Morons - that is what kind of people

Punatics - that is what kind of people

People, that is, who do not deserve ANY association with this club, this brand, this tradition, this community.

The truth is, there has been a prolonged and devastating attack on everything held sacred at Blackburn Rovers. This latest act is simply further evidence that these people care nothing about the good name of Blackburn Rovers, and are prepared to go to any desperate lengths to wring the last penny of value from anything associated with the club.

Management? Owners?

Charlatans and scoundrels - every last one of them.

This should definitely be raised at the fans forum eh?

We often accuse Philip of being obtuse but that 2nd sentence of his, quoted above, should be memorised by everyone on the Board.

Given the interest with which this Board is studied by some whose motivation is not fan- related, Philip must be very confident of his facts. When is that meeting with the football authorities again?

Archived