BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The True Nature of our Owners Contempt Exposed - Again...

We often accuse Philip of being obtuse but that 2nd sentence of his, quoted above, should be memorised by everyone on the Board.

Given the interest with which this Board is studied by some whose motivation is not fan- related, Philip must be very confident of his facts. When is that meeting with the football authorities again?

'His probable contention' so not that confident.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody very closely connected to BRCT made me aware of this thread over the weekend and gave quite a lot of off-the-record background information on the subject (and I've subsequently be digging up more info) and it seems that whilst some facts in the first post are accurate, the rest is opinion, grossly exaggerated scaremongering and assumption based on one side of event.

As best as I can determine, yes two senior members of staff were "let go" and I've now heard two conflicting (yet similar) stories on precisely "why those two". Last year another two long term members where made redundant too, when that was horribly misreported as "the BRCT was letting everyone go" (causing quite a lot of distress to those who had been told their jobs were safe) we were primed to do a big reveal on what had gone on, but the truth then was (and I assume still is) that the BRCT was mainly funded by the PL and everyone was aware that relegation would likely see redundancies (and relegation we can certainly lay at Venkys/Kean's door). Now in both sets of redundancies there was understandably quite a lot of feeling that the wrong people were let go and for the wrong reasons, but that's very very different to (for the second time) BRCT is closing because of Venky's,

I don't doubt the OP got this directly somebody very close to what's going on and passed it on as accurate, but it does seem the it's a case of adding 2 + 2 and getting 23*.

The trust isn't closing, it's funding has been reduced but that's a PL thing and nowt to do with Venky's.

This should definitely be raised at the fans forum eh?

Happy to, but I sure the response will be mostly the same as it was last time two people were made redundant from BRCT and we raised the "rumors" it was being closed down.

1. The BRCT is independent of BRFC and funded mainly by the PL

2. Yes they let two people go, but we're not aware of any more planned redundancies and certainly not closure.

relegation we can certainly lay at Venkys/Kean's door.

The trust isn't closing, it's funding has been reduced but that's a PL thing and nowt to do with Venky's.

The BRCT isn't only allowed to be funded by the PL though, is it? Venky's could support it with a magnanous gesture since they caused the problems. It may be an independent organisation but from the outside looking in, it's still viewed as being part of the Rovers brand.

I agree entirely Stuart, but that would involve the owners actually listening to advice. It's a relative no-brainier that something like this would be a much more cost effective way of regain a little respect from the fans and local community, far better than previous ideas.

The BRCT isn't only allowed to be funded by the PL though, is it? Venky's could support it with a magnanous gesture since they caused the problems. It may be an independent organisation but from the outside looking in, it's still viewed as being part of the Rovers brand.

Its not only allowed that the PL gives money to the trust, but in the past few years that has been the major and dominant income stream - most projects have been funded by them whether directly or indirectly. Now some of that money is still there, but the longer you're out of the PL the more it dries up. The Venky's could give it money of course (and should do imo) however there shouldn't be any confusion that the Venky's have taken funding away from BRCT as the club didn't give it any anyway before they arrived.

Its not only allowed that the PL gives money to the trust, but in the past few years that has been the major and dominant income stream - most projects have been funded by them whether directly or indirectly. Now some of that money is still there, but the longer you're out of the PL the more it dries up. The Venky's could give it money of course (and should do imo) however there shouldn't be any confusion that the Venky's have taken funding away from BRCT as the club didn't give it any anyway before they arrived.

They have not withdrawn any existing funding, no, because they have never provided any. But they have caused the loss of funding, indirectly.

Whilst I understand the point of clarify, I'm not sure what the counter-argument being made here.

"Let's be fair to Venky's - they have NEVER supported the Community Trust"? :blink:

• Moderation Lead

Somebody very closely connected to BRCT made me aware of this thread over the weekend and gave quite a lot of off-the-record background information on the subject (and I've subsequently be digging up more info) and it seems that whilst some facts in the first post are accurate, the rest is opinion, grossly exaggerated scaremongering and assumption based on one side of event.

As best as I can determine, yes two senior members of staff were "let go" and I've now heard two conflicting (yet similar) stories on precisely "why those two". Last year another two long term members where made redundant too, when that was horribly misreported as "the BRCT was letting everyone go" (causing quite a lot of distress to those who had been told their jobs were safe) we were primed to do a big reveal on what had gone on, but the truth then was (and I assume still is) that the BRCT was mainly funded by the PL and everyone was aware that relegation would likely see redundancies (and relegation we can certainly lay at Venkys/Kean's door). Now in both sets of redundancies there was understandably quite a lot of feeling that the wrong people were let go and for the wrong reasons, but that's very very different to (for the second time) BRCT is closing because of Venky's,

I don't doubt the OP got this directly somebody very close to what's going on and passed it on as accurate, but it does seem the it's a case of adding 2 + 2 and getting 23*.

On BRFCS? Never..... :o

That's what happens when you sit down, shut up, and let this happen.

You think for one tiny moment that fans of Liverpool, United, even Everton or Spurs would have allowed this to happen? Venkys would be back on a plane to India with a hole ripped in their pants so large they would never dream of looking in our direction again.

These are your rewards for doing "the right thing" by 1) Staging "banner protests" that do nothing and 2) going to the games and giving them money

We either go to war in every last sense of the word against these people who are uriniating on Jack's grave each and ever day, or we organize a total shutout if you want to keep it peaceful.

Think that's extreme and stupid? Good on you, then enjoy the current and seemingly permenant situation. But remember - freedom doesn't come free.

• Backroom

Venkys indirectly caused our relegation but there's no reason to blame them specifically as they (and the club) have nothing to do with the CT.

This would've happened to the CT's of any relegated club, surely?

The whole fabric of the club is being systematically destroyed by a stupid, backward family from India. I curse the day these morons bought Blackburn Rovers. I hate them with a passion.

No suprises to me I'm afraid. All the benefits brought to the club by first Jack Walker's and subsequently Premier League money were bound to dry up as soon as we left the Prem gravy train. A good number on here whjolived thropugh the 60'sw and 70's knew how precious Premier league survival was to the club and the town and we knew gambling with it by the foolish sacking of Allardyce et al in the pursuit of some infantile pipe dream would end in tears.

Personally I was massively underwhelmed when the Bollywood Barry White and his brother first stood shivering on the Ewood pitch on the pitch and in fact I'd stated on the day the takeover was confirmed that the only good thing to ever come out of the Indian sub-continent was the road back here. Nothing has happened since to persuade me that my judgement was even the slightest bit flawed. Trouble is that I'm sure they regret it as much as we do and before long the day will dawn when they cut their losses and bail out, and when that happens we are really in deep sh1t. The future is not at all rosy imo and my overriding emotion is the regret that it has been all so unecessary and that so many involved with the entire club on both sides of the perimeter wall have so willingly and carelessly pressed the suicide button.

They do say you don't realise what you've had until it's gone don't they?

I said it before, but those who are privelaged enough to attend games, should boycott Ewood for a few games. It was said before, that being outside rather than inside would seriously kick these owners in the teeth. The only question is, would that hurt them, or just spur them on to further knock us down. Either way, like Steve Kean's reign, at some point its bound to end. However, we just dont have a clue when that will ever be.

Surely to god Venkys must be looking for the exit door.

Its costing a fortune, there's little value left to 'strip and plunder' and they cant be enjoying this. It cant match the vision they had about being big important football club owners.

They MUST be planning an exit strategy, because even they must realise what its going to cost to get us out of this tail spin.

I said it before, but those who are privelaged enough to attend games, should boycott Ewood for a few games. It was said before, that being outside rather than inside would seriously kick these owners in the teeth. The only question is, would that hurt them, or just spur them on to further knock us down. Either way, like Steve Kean's reign, at some point its bound to end. However, we just dont have a clue when that will ever be.

How would a season ticket holder not going to a game he/she has likely already paid for really effect anything, all it would do is make the atmosphere even more morgue like which would just be more embarrassing for rovers fans with away fans thinking where the most miserable depressing team too visit in the country.

Posted under an hour ago on Twitter:

With the Trust going from strength to strength, we meet our Player Ambassador this week so he can embrace his role before a grand unveiling!

And your point is? BRFC Trust is nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers COMMUNITY Trust. (BRCT)

However, Blackburn Rovers has 'taken over' the operations of BRCT, including acquisition of a valuable marketing database systematically and carefully developed over a number of years by Duncan and Gill Kinloch.

And your point is? BRFC Trust is nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers COMMUNITY Trust. (BRCT)

However, Blackburn Rovers has 'taken over' the operations of BRCT, including acquisition of a valuable marketing database systematically and carefully developed over a number of years by Duncan and Gill Kinloch.

BRFC Trust IS the community trust. At least that's their website and email address.

Are you getting mixed up with Rovers Trust?

Archived