BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The True Nature of our Owners Contempt Exposed - Again...

A further update for you.

The staff working for the Community Trust have now been moved out of the Enterprise Centre, downstairs into the reception area in the Darwen End. The areas previously used for classrooms, in which a great deal of the valuable work of the Trust was performed with schools, have been re-designated as office space and are being re-fitted to become part of the Enterprise Centre. The marketing database developed by the Community Trust over a long period has been 'acquired' by the Club's marketing department, which seems odd, given that the two organisations are separate legal entities.

Every financial decision that was previously taken by the senior management of the Community Trust is now being referred to a
mystery person only known as 'George' who appears to work for the Club.

The community oriented facets of the Commuity Trust's long standing operations are being systematically (and cynically) dismantled, in favour of the more lucrative commercial operations (such as renting out prime office space in the Darwen End). Remember that a large amount of public money and grant funding went into converting the space under the Darwen End into the facilities now being 're-aligned' by whoever is running the show. Now, of course I am not suggesting any financial impropriety is going on, but I do wonder under what legal basis some of these changes are being made, given that the Club has no direct financial interest in the running or ownership of Blackburn Rovers Community Trust.

Strange times, and if I was a tenant in the Enterprise Centre, I may be wondering whether a significant rent hike might well be in the pipeline - not to mention who is the actual landlord to whom rent is paid??

Oh, and how do I know this? I work there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A further update for you.

The staff working for the Community Trust have now been moved out of the Enterprise Centre, downstairs into the reception area in the Darwen End. The areas previously used for classrooms, in which a great deal of the valuable work of the Trust was performed with schools, have been re-designated as office space and are being re-fitted to become part of the Enterprise Centre. The marketing database developed by the Community Trust over a long period has been 'acquired' by the Club's marketing department, which seems odd, given that the two organisations are separate legal entities.

Every financial decision that was previously taken by the senior management of the Community Trust is now being referred to a

The community oriented facets of the Commuity Trust's long standing operations are being systematically (and cynically) dismantled, in favour of the more lucrative commercial operations (such as renting out prime office space in the Darwen End). Remember that a large amount of public money and grant funding went into converting the space under the Darwen End into the facilities now being 're-aligned' by whoever is running the show. Now, of course I am not suggesting any financial impropriety is going on, but I do wonder under what legal basis some of these changes are being made, given that the Club has no direct financial interest in the running or ownership of Blackburn Rovers Community Trust.

Strange times, and if I was a tenant in the Enterprise Centre, I may be wondering whether a significant rent hike might well be in the pipeline - not to mention who is the actual landlord to whom rent is paid??

Oh, and how do I know this? I work there.

Given that I'm a tenant at the Enterprise Centre I have a number of questions which I'd appreciate an answer to - would you be prepared to answer these in public, via PM or by the email address you have registered to this website?

And who is the "Player Ambassador" please?

Jason Lowe

Huge thanks to the wonderful Jason Lowe @_J_Lowe for meeting us today to discuss his new role as Player Ambassador for the Trust!

Regarding the departures of the couple running the trust, i believe without a moments hesitation that the club have enforced those departures. During a meeting with a high ranking club director in November, it was stated clearly that the trust would be freshened up due to it being run by "a couple of dinosaurs".

I also hear that a 'General Manager' is to be appointed soon.

Good to hear George is still there. Not sure what he is doing now but helped me out once.

He looks after the prawn sandwiches, guess he has some spare time these days.

That's what happens when you sit down, shut up, and let this happen.

You think for one tiny moment that fans of Liverpool, United, even Everton or Spurs would have allowed this to happen? Venkys would be back on a plane to India with a hole ripped in their pants so large they would never dream of looking in our direction again.

If Venkys had done to Preston or Burnley what they have to Rovers they would have had much more than a snowball wafting on the breeze to worry about on a visit to Lancashire.

Archived