BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunatly due to results, this game has became nothing but a distraction. I with a heavy heart think we'd be better off losing this game.

....what?

This is the ONLY game that matter by far and wide. What exactly is left to play for in the Championship? We are not going up. Maybe never again.

The FA cup is our only source of life right now. And how often are we going to be in the quarter finals, one game away from Wembley?

• Moderation Lead

We can't beat an egg at the minute and we're leaker than a sieve at the end of the games so I expect another heartbreaking 90th minute defeat.

....what?

This is the ONLY game that matter by far and wide. What exactly is left to play for in the Championship? We are not going up. Maybe never again.

The FA cup is our only source of life right now. And how often are we going to be in the quarter finals, one game away from Wembley?

However at this moment our form dictates relegation has to be a concern. I'd hate to go down knowing the distraction of a FA cup cost us. Never the less come 2pm Sunday I'll get carried away in the moment.

Unfortunatly due to results, this game has became nothing but a distraction. I with a heavy heart think we'd be better off losing this game.

I think that is the first time I have ever heard a fan of any club saying that. It's an FA Cup fifth round winnable game and you think it is a distraction. I honestly can't think of any situation where a football club would be better off by losing a game.

Barnsley almost went down a few years ago after their FA cup run despite being close to play offs at Christmas. In reflection it was all worth it because they stayed up.

Look at Birmingham's relegation after winning the cup.

I genuinely believe cup runs cause teams to underperform in their league. I have a gut feeling we'd have picked up more then 1 point if we'd have lost to Arsenal. If I felt relegation wasn't still a slight possibility, I'd be dreaming of a wembley semi. However at the moment this tie underwhelms me.

Don't get me wrong I always want my team to do well and no doubt I'll be delighted if come Sunday we are still in the hat, however I do believe it does slightly increase our chance of relegation, which is growing by game.

Assuming even Appleton can scrape 5 points from the remaining League games there's only two things left to play for this season, not getting beaten by our 6 fingered neighbours thereby extending the longstanding record and a minimum of a trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final.

Really looking forward to Sunday but I heard tonight Jones is cup tied so that doesn't get us off on the right foot. Thankfully Millwall are in almost as bad form as us.

The problem with a draw is the replay would be next week .... just days before the 'Big One'.

Would it not be the week after? Usually the replays aren't just 3/4 days later, but 9/10

Hoping for a win if only for the many lads and lassies plonking down their hard earned cash. Problem is can Appleton get a response out of this lot. Surely Whore and Murphy will not play but who steps in instead of Murphy. Come on lads do it for the travelling faithful.

The Blackburn boss has insisted that Murphy, 35, remains a key member of his squad and could return for the club's FA Cup quarter-final tie at Millwall on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21683970?

Would it not be the week after? Usually the replays aren't just 3/4 days later, but 9/10

It should be the week after. Some years ago the police [nationally; not just locally] started requiring replays to be played that long after the original ties because they claimed that, to hold the replay a few days after the original game, didn't give them long enough to arrange police cover for the area of the ground.

It should be the week after. Some years ago the police [nationally; not just locally] started requiring replays to be played that long after the original ties because they claimed that, to hold the replay a few days after the original game, didn't give them long enough to arrange police cover for the area of the ground.

It will definitely be next Wednesday, three days after the first leg - the club told us at the Fans Forum. The reason is that the week after is an international week and then it's Easter and then the semi-finals.

It will definitely be next Wednesday, three days after the first leg - the club told us at the Fans Forum. The reason is that the week after is an international week and then it's Easter and then the semi-finals.

I can't remember that happening before in recent times where the replay is only 3 days later and I hope not as that really screws my plans up. However I see your logic. Do they not realise it's Cheltenham next week. :(

I can't remember that happening before in recent times where the replay is only 3 days later and I hope not as that really screws my plans up. However I see your logic. Do they not realise it's Cheltenham next week. :(

It wasn't me putting two and two together - it's the official line from the club.

Assuming even Appleton can scrape 5 points from the remaining League games there's only two things left to play for this season, not getting beaten by our 6 fingered neighbours thereby extending the longstanding record and a minimum of a trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final.

Really looking forward to Sunday but I heard tonight Jones is cup tied so that doesn't get us off on the right foot. Thankfully Millwall are in almost as bad form as us.

May I just say a hearty congratulations (and Thank You) on your 13,000th post!

best pub for this one? or is everyone having a beer in the ground?

We've generally drunk around London Bridge in the past.

Got to say 1700 tickets sold so far, on mothering Sunday, with no trains running to the ground, is a very good effort by all concerned.

The away support this season has been terrific, pity the team haven't matched the support.

Archived