BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trouble in the Fox and Hounds Yesterday

Walking passed the Fox and Hounds towards Ewood yesterday at about 2.45ish there was a gang of blokes coming out of the pub followed by a few regulars throwing punches, glasses etc.

Don't know who they were or what happened to spark it off and just wondering if anyone on here saw it or was involved.

I witnessed it, our taxi was arriving as it happening. Basically a group of 10 or so peterborough lads were stood on the main road outside the fox and hounds throwing glasses at the pub. I am told they had just left the pub.

About 5 of them charged to the entrance to the pub, threw glasses and punches.

A number of rovers lads then came out of the pub, and was glass throwing from both sides and squaring up on the road. I even saw a bar stool being thrown!

The peterborough lads then headed to the ground.

I couldn't say what went on in the pub before hand.

I witnessed it, our taxi was arriving as it happening. Basically a group of 10 or so peterborough lads were stood on the main road outside the fox and hounds throwing glasses at the pub. I am told they had just left the pub.

About 5 of them charged to the entrance to the pub, threw glasses and punches.

A number of rovers lads then came out of the pub, and was glass throwing from both sides and squaring up on the road. I even saw a bar stool being thrown!

The peterborough lads then headed to the ground.

I couldn't say what went on in the pub before hand.

Sounds a lot more entertaining than the football turned out to be.

Not so much about the fox and hounds, but did anyone else notice the drugs convictions last week which included a certain ex-football hooligan from Blackburn (53) being sent away for 9yrs...

Not so much about the fox and hounds, but did anyone else notice the drugs convictions last week which included a certain ex-football hooligan from Blackburn (53) being sent away for 9yrs...

link Gav?

Walking passed the Fox and Hounds towards Ewood yesterday at about 2.45ish there was a gang of blokes coming out of the pub followed by a few regulars throwing punches, glasses etc.

Don't know who they were or what happened to spark it off and just wondering if anyone on here saw it or was involved.

Heard two people talking about it in the ground. Their opinion was that the Police were useless and just stood around and watched.

I saw it and read that the Carlisle fella was from the Raffles Estate. Ive worked on that estate and always got out of there before dark ^_^

I happened to see all of this as I walked down from LBR. As we crossed the road with the F&H to our left there were 8-10 lads, late 20s/early 30s, were shouting and jeering at Rovers fans outside the pub. One of the Posh fans then crossed the road beckoning at one lad, the Posh fan walked across the road arms spread wide goading the Rovers fans. The other Posh lads followed a way behind him.

All the Rovers disappeared inside except one who started trading punches, well trying to as both were stood too far back from each other to do any real damage. The rest of the Posh lads crossed over and I think the Rovers lad was pulled inside by others.

The Posh lads moved away and the Rovers fans came out hurling abuse and throwing glasses or bottles. There then followed more ritual posturing from both sides

Pathetic behaviour from all concerned.

Heard two people talking about it in the ground. Their opinion was that the Police were useless and just stood around and watched.

Really? There weren't any police present. By the time we got down to the pedestrian crossing a traffic motorcycle came down Bolton Road but I think that was routine. He wasn't hurrying.

Sounds like handbags.

Fortunately, don't think Rovers have a 'hooligan issue' as such and that's why a dozen Posh fans felt pretty safe - the Posh certainly wouldn't have behaved that way in Burnley !

Some weird replies to this. I mean can you imagine the reponse if this was posted on a Burnley board? I'm all for our fans tolerant and friendly nature, but there's being tolerant/friendly, and there's letting someone bully you. If Paul's account of events is correct, there were some Rovers fans having a quiet drink and minding their own business, when one of them was close to assaulted by a gang of Peterborough hooligans looking for only one thing. As a result of that, all the other regulars in the pub came outside to see them off.

Sticking up for yourself against thugs/hooligans/bullies (all basically the same thing) doesn't make you a chimp, pathetic, a @#/? or a sad ****** in my opinion. I can only assume those describing them as such would prefer they stood there and got beaten up, or ran into the pub and waited for the Peterborough lot to start throwing glasses through the door or follow them in. No doubt earning quite a few injuries for their trouble whilst the incompetent police/justice system of this country gave the perpertrators a slap on the wrist (if they even bothered to arrest them, as it seems they didn't in this case).

Nowt like fan solidarity on here eh!

Sounds like handbags.

Fortunately, don't think Rovers have a 'hooligan issue' as such and that's why a dozen Posh fans felt pretty safe - the Posh certainly wouldn't have behaved that way in Burnley !

Posh are probably the last team you'd expect to turn up with a little mob looking for a scrap although to be fair it does seem the smaller teams have the most unruly elements. Bristol City caused a bit of bother near the Breezeblock a few months back. The fact this Posh lot apparently laid into one bloke then fired off when more came out says all you need to know about them i think. Muppets !

p

I was in the Fox when this happened.

About 10 Peterborough fans came in to the pub, waited for the big lads to leave then started on some young lads in the pool room, left with pint pots in hand asking all and sundry outside, when people went outside pint pots rained in on them and the windows, bits smashing inside the pub.

Rovers fans retaliated by grabbing some pint pots and lobbing them back, plus some pool cues and stools were grabbed. Went on for about 5 minutes. 5 minutes after that the Police turned up when everyone had left.

There were some Peterborough fans inside the pub at the time that were staying well out of it, as was I, they informed me that the lads were notorious and been up to tricks like this for years.

I've been in the fox before games for more than 20 years and this is by far the worst I have seen, in fact I've previously only ever seen shouting and pushing woud didn't last long.

These so called fans had one thing in mind, and they got it. Bet they felt great after. Knobs

Archived