BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murphy was really close to Kean. not surprise by his comments.

not heard interview. will hear it afterwards. but Murphy will be gone in summer.

Murphy and Etuhu were clearly the wrong type of signings this summer. most people thought they were good signings but clearly not now.

pay him off this summer and bring Jones Pemanent this summer his contract is up this summer.

I don't know how he has the cheek to come out with something like this.

We would have been relegated to League 1 had Kean stayed at the club all season, of this I have absolutely no doubt.

We almost did without him, due to his legacy of incompetence.

As for blaming the fans, well how do you explain your non-performances away from home?

Probably the weakest excuse you could muster for what has been probably the worst performance-to-wage ratio in our club's history.

A very bad apple this guy is and always has been. Every club he's been at including Liverpool there has been some kind of kean stirring behind the scenes. All ties with SK must be broke. His comments would explain some of his dire efforts particularly the last few games he played in i.e he was doing it on purpose, it certainly looked that way. I'd lump Orr in that as well. Pair of t'''ts.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/112718

Murphy on from 6mins 50 on the 9.00-9.30 section

He moves on to talking about Rovers at 10mins 37

Not sure what everyone is getting worked up about. Yes he says Keano (as he has worked with him before) but he also says that changing managers regularly is not the way forward, he is kind to Bowyer, and rightfully says that fan disquiet is not good for young players then says Venkys should put someone in charge and give them the power to run the club and then says Bowyer should get the job because he cares about the club.

Seems to speak a bit of sense if you can get your mind beyond him being a plodder on the pitch

Now that we look like staying up, he's obviously felt it is safe to get a few things off his chest. The fact that it has only been a couple of days - less - since the victory at Millwall, tells me these were a few points he was very keen to air. Which sums up the club and the season. A supposedly senior employee of the club turns up on national radio to deride the fanbase and, by implication, anyone else associated with them and their stance. Tin hats all round as another loose cannon explodes.

What next? Shebby posing naked outside Brockhall in The Sun claiming "It Woz The Spicy Chicken Wings Wot Did It."

I'm still not giving up on Etuhu just yet. He did play well at the start of the season. Then he seemed to stop moving as much and went terrible, and we haven't seen him since. I'm hoping the sharp decline was because he was playing through injury. He never used to be lazy.

Don't know what to say about Murphy that hasn't been said. Hopefully he'll move into coaching so that we don't have to pay him off. He certainly can't play for us anymore.

• Backroom

The interview wasn't as bad as I expected bar the one comment about the fans frustrations effecting things on the pitch although I know a hell of a lot f people would agree with that rightly or wrongly

Just remember the terrible effort and performance against Milwall, home and away.

The players have to take full responsibility for that, you can't blame the fans.

There's only been about 9,000 at home games anyway.

Hopefully Murphy will be off to America or somewhere so we don't waste another penny on him.

The interview wasn't as bad as I expected bar the one comment about the fans frustrations effecting things on the pitch although I know a hell of a lot f people would agree with that rightly or wrongly

what about the insinuation that "Keano" was the man for the job....I'm sick of people like him and that knob Charlie Nicholas forgetting the relegation that "Keano" secured for us...jobs for the boys and little snivelling bitches like murphy coming on national radio blaming everyone but himself.

I don't know how he has the cheek to come out with something like this.

We would have been relegated to League 1 had Kean stayed at the club all season, of this I have absolutely no doubt.

We almost did without him, due to his legacy of incompetence.

As for blaming the fans, well how do you explain your non-performances away from home?

Probably the weakest excuse you could muster for what has been probably the worst performance-to-wage ratio in our club's history.

Exactly.

If the fans are to blame, then how come our home form is so much better than our away form ?

Home 35 pts

Away 21 pts

Total 56 pts

Table

Home only 12 th

Away only 19 th

Overall 15 th

I thought Murphy came across very well. Personally, couldn't see anything in this interview that should cause upset. Home games do present fans a chance to voice their frustrations - it's always been the case. Some players can be affected by this - over the years we have seen this time and time again. However, he rightly says the fans have every right to be frustrated.

I thought his comments on the owners were interesting in that he believes they have listened to too many people giving different opinions on how the club should be run. I think his views on the efforts of Gary and Terry were spot on and I suspect most of the players would like to see Gary get the job with Terry assisting him.

I'm no lover of Murphy but having listened to this interview I thought he spoke very well.

I thought Murphy came across very well. Personally, couldn't see anything in this interview that should cause upset.

1. Blaming fans for poor performances

2. Basically intimating that Kean should have stayed in the job...regardless of him getting us relegated

3. Admitting he wasn't prepared for the football in this division, but is quite happy to take his 35k per week irrespective

Came across very well he did.... :tu:

• Backroom

1. Blaming fans for poor performances - But he didn't do that, did he? He merely stated the obvious that fan disquiet can be unsettling and actually stated that he understood why the fans were getting frustrated. Basically I took it as 'The fans getting frustrated shows how badly the club was run; we've had too many managers!'

2. Basically intimating that Kean should have stayed in the job...regardless of him getting us relegated - Again, no he didn't. He's gunna stick up for his mate, but even then it comes across to me as slagging off the fact we've had so many managers, rather than suggesting we should've kept Kean.

3. Admitting he wasn't prepared for the football in this division, but is quite happy to take his 35k per week irrespective - How are the 2 related? He admitted his own fault there. Not his fault the club paid him. And don't say 'if he had anything about him, he'd give his wage back'. Or else you'd be saying the same for EVERY player (as it is subjective).

Came across very well he did.... :tu:

Would you tolerate an employee who turned up to his new job unprepared and unable to do the role you have hired him for?

No you'd sack him on the spot as he's unfit for purpose and get someone who could.

If that was the case you'd sack all but about 5 players. And by that logic, it would also include bench players and reserves.

Don't care how he comes across in interviews to be honest. Actions speak louder than words and Murphy's actions this season have said: I don't care about your club, I don't want to work hard to earn my money, I'm too good for all this and I'll just start my retirement early thanks.

The guy isn't a professional, he's a lazy, greedy joke.

• Backroom

Don't care how he comes across in interviews to be honest. Actions speak louder than words and Murphy's actions this season have said: I don't care about your club, I don't want to work hard to earn my money, I'm too good for all this and I'll just start my retirement early thanks.

The guy isn't a professional, he's a lazy, greedy joke.

Yup. Don't care about his interview and not going to listen - he's shown exactly what he's worth on the pitch this season, and it doesn't amount to much.

His depature will be a relief for all parties.

Again, why is he on the radio?

He's either

- there without the clubs permission,

or

-someone at the club thought this was a good idea,

or

- the club don't bother to control the players media appearances.

Whichever, it's a shambles. Murphy should be up there with Shebby Singh on the list of employees that aren't allowed to talk to other people.

Questions not asked to Danny Murphy:

Is it true you have been training with the Youth Team?

Were you captain at the time?

Did you learn anything from the youngsters?

You mention Steve Kean. Did you directly or indirectly have a hand in the dismissal of any of the managers who replaced him?

What is your honest opinion of Michael Appleton?

How do you feel about being relieved of your captaincy?

How do you explain it?

Archived