BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murphy could be leaving sooner rather than later(though anything Nixon writes is hard to take seriously)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-danny-murphy-1755580

Amazing how now Fulham is 'home' even though he was offered to stay there by Jol, all be it not first choice anymore but if he loved the place so much you'd think he would have stayed at his age. Couldn't get out quick enough when he saw the wonga on offer at Blackburn and the bull sold to him by Kean & co but now he wants to go 'home' all of a sudden. I suppose he was a boyhood Fulham fan :) Some footballers are such tossers it's unreal !

Someone who knew Murphy very well told me back in August that his legs were "gone" and that's why Cottagers moved him on.

How true!

Pity we didn't do due diligence on this before bringing him in.

Never mind that cos I've no doubt somebody did due diligance on taking a slice of his remuneration..... and that was the only thing that mattered.

No doubt it'll cost us a fortune sending him back to Fulham. I wonder how the bank in India is sitting with all these costly 'unforced errors'?

• Backroom

Not sure if he's admitting to anything, just think his hand has been forced by Appleton. I imagine he'll get a good portion of his contract paid up if/when he leaves, regardless of whether he takes a coaching role on or not.

If we can get him shipped out for minimal cost back to Fulham that is a bonus.

Horrendous attitude and approach this season from our 'captain'.

Seeing his wife's tweets, they are seriously deluded, I don't think he actually will admit how much of a failure he's been. (Before anyone says it, i've not been one of the people giving her abuse on twitter, just reading some of the replies.)

Jeez, his wife's all over Twitter saying that Rovers are treating him badly and that Rovers 'see what they want to see and don't see what they don't want to see. Danny hasn't changed' in her opinion.

Could have fooled me. He used to be a top midfielder in the PL.

Now he's a knacked oaf that can't even make our squad.

No accountability in the Murphy household and once again, it's Rovers that are to blame.

It's probably Mrs Murphy that got in the ear of Martin Keown before yesterday's game. His performance as a pundit was disgraceful.

Murphy needed a public dressing down. Considering his wages and reputation he's been a big disappointment. Would like to see him given one more try in midfield with the Jones lad - some young, dynamic legs alongside him might make a difference.

We need Murphy until Etuhu and or Dunn are fully fit again imo. After that good riddance.

Part of me wonders to what extent this is Appleton attempting to cover up his own shortcomings by making Murphy the scapegoat and attempting to shift all the blame onto him.

keown didnt say anything untoward about rovers regarding murphy, he was quiet honest about the whole situation, that murphy obviously isnt part of appleton's plans but maybe appleton shouldnt have come public about it

I don't think it was quite like that.

The theme of the post-match analysis was all about how Rovers desperately missed Murphy's creativity in the centre of the park and that's why they turned in a lacklustre performance. Keown was basically saying Appleton was a fool for not picking him.

Another example of how the pundits know absolutely zero about what's been going on at Rovers. They see a name like Murphy missing from the team sheet and it's automatically a case of 'how can Blackburn leave a player or his quality out?'

Pretty simple really. He's been dog sh!te for the entire season.

• Backroom

The theme of the post-match analysis was all about how Rovers desperately missed Murphy's creativity in the centre of the park and that's why they turned in a lacklustre performance.

:lol: yeah, that'll be it. Murphy has about as much creativity as a corpse and moves less. Give Hugo or one of the other ressies a chance if we're low on numbers, at least they'll give 100% and not attempt to use video analysis post-match to prove nothing was their fault.

We need Murphy until Etuhu and or Dunn are fully fit again imo. After that good riddance.

Part of me wonders to what extent this is Appleton attempting to cover up his own shortcomings by making Murphy the scapegoat and attempting to shift all the blame onto him.

It is a fair point - surely Appleton must have learnt something from Fergie - very rarely does he do things like this via the press. I was very disappointed he went to the press - just dropping him for the next match post Peterboro would have been enough to show the players who was boss rather than doing it via the press. Even the captaincy issue could have been dealt with better.

Didn't get to the Peterboro match - but prior to that I didn't think it was a lack of desire on Murphy's part - just a lack of pace and aggression to play in this league. He also doesn't fit into how Appleton currently has us set up - no pass and move - just a punt up field. Having said all that - he has been a massive disappointment - but even the best players tend to need players actually making runs.

morphines wife says Danny sadly has another year left at blackburn

Cheeky prat, should be honoured hes in that position.

It's a shame it's going to get bitter. Danny Murphy should've been an asset in this division. Someone with a football brain who the younger players can look up to.

I can't help but think he was made certain promises by Kean that were withdrawn when he went. His attitude hasn't helped though. His nose was clearly out of joint after that Palace game (?) and he showed his true colours.

Disappointing but he won't be missed.

• Backroom

It is a fair point - surely Appleton must have learnt something from Fergie - very rarely does he do things like this via the press. I was very disappointed he went to the press - just dropping him for the next match post Peterboro would have been enough to show the players who was boss rather than doing it via the press. Even the captaincy issue could have been dealt with better.

Didn't get to the Peterboro match - but prior to that I didn't think it was a lack of desire on Murphy's part - just a lack of pace and aggression to play in this league. He also doesn't fit into how Appleton currently has us set up - no pass and move - just a punt up field. Having said all that - he has been a massive disappointment - but even the best players tend to need players actually making runs.

Ofc it was a lack of desire. It was clear to my half-blind dog!

Murphy was crap at this level and deserved to be dropped earlier. Appleton's rant was aimed at all 3 subs (and the whole team). Nothing 'public' has gone on re: Murphy other than saying they had a frank and honest chat and Murphy accepted the decision to put the captaincy on Dann. Dann (for all his failings) has shown more heart and desire than Murphy all season. Even Orr has shown more determination than Murphy.

Archived