BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

It's a shame it's going to get bitter. Danny Murphy should've been an asset in this division. Someone with a football brain who the younger players can look up to.

I can't help but think he was made certain promises by Kean that were withdrawn when he went. His attitude hasn't helped though. His nose was clearly out of joint after that Palace game (?) and he showed his true colours.

Disappointing but he won't be missed.

Coaching role most likely. I think when Bowyer was in charge, he mentioned that Murphy had been helping out. Murphy obviously had high praise for Bowyer just as Appleton was appointed.

Didn't Murphy have his only decent game during that time as well?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it was quite like that.

The theme of the post-match analysis was all about how Rovers desperately missed Murphy's creativity in the centre of the park and that's why they turned in a lacklustre performance. Keown was basically saying Appleton was a fool for not picking him.

Another example of how the pundits know absolutely zero about what's been going on at Rovers. They see a name like Murphy missing from the team sheet and it's automatically a case of 'how can Blackburn leave a player or his quality out?'

Pretty simple really. He's been dog sh!te for the entire season.

It was bascially the same on Swedish tv. A nobody pundit had to look at his paper to even find anything to say about Rovers. Then he comes up with "I miss Murphy in their midfield. And I also hope that Martin Olsson will dominate the left flank"....

It was bascially the same on Swedish tv. A nobody pundit had to look at his paper to even find anything to say about Rovers. Then he comes up with "I miss Murphy in their midfield. And I also hope that Martin Olsson will dominate the left flank"....

Exactly, I just had to shake my head wryly.

It is embarrassing that they have to peruse their notes just to say something that sounds half intelligent. It is not really surprising, I mean you would expect that these guys would be Prem-centric in Sweden, but they were doing this last season as well when talking about us. The only thing they do seem to know about is our unexplainable fall since the change in ownership. It is a bit odd though, because we've got their national sides starting left back in the team, and his twin brother…

Not sure if he's admitting to anything, just think his hand has been forced by Appleton. I imagine he'll get a good portion of his contract paid up if/when he leaves, regardless of whether he takes a coaching role on or not.

I'm sure he will. I can't readily think of many backroom coaches on 40k+ pw thats for sure. The flake will stick like sh1t to a blanket and to get rid it's either paying him up or a horse's head in his bed.

I don't think it was quite like that.

The theme of the post-match analysis was all about how Rovers desperately missed Murphy's creativity in the centre of the park and that's why they turned in a lacklustre performance. Keown was basically saying Appleton was a fool for not picking him.

Another example of how the pundits know absolutely zero about what's been going on at Rovers. They see a name like Murphy missing from the team sheet and it's automatically a case of 'how can Blackburn leave a player or his quality out?'

Pretty simple really. He's been dog sh!te for the entire season.

Just another old pals act isn't it? Like the support Kean enjoyed from other managers and the LMA late in his tenure despite them all coming out fully in support of Allardyce when he was sacked. Regarding modern day football pundetary (is that a word?) it's wisest to 'believe half of what you see and none of what you hear'.

Exactly, I just had to shake my head wryly.

It is embarrassing that they have to peruse their notes just to say something that sounds half intelligent. It is not really surprising, I mean you would expect that these guys would be Prem-centric in Sweden, but they were doing this last season as well when talking about us. The only thing they do seem to know about is our unexplainable fall since the change in ownership. It is a bit odd though, because we've got their national sides starting left back in the team, and his twin brother…

Can't say I blame them though, how much intelligent stuff would you have to offer if you were suddenly called in to be a pundit on Derby - Middlesbrough or something?

Do people still listen to pundits? Ditto the cliched claptrap managers come out with after the game?

Thank god for a PVR where you can record and fast forward all the flim flam and pointless near misses. Takes me 10 minutes to watch MOTD these days

Can't say I blame them though, how much intelligent stuff would you have to offer if you were suddenly called in to be a pundit on Derby - Middlesbrough or something?

Professionalism???

Do people still listen to pundits? Ditto the cliched claptrap managers come out with after the game?

Thank god for a PVR where you can record and fast forward all the flim flam and pointless near misses. Takes me 10 minutes to watch MOTD these days

Yes, I agree. But the reality is that the vast majority or people do listen to the pundits and take their views as gospel.

What Keown said on Sunday made Appleton out to be a complete prat and Rovers to be a clueless club. When, actually, the reality of Murphy being dropped was very different.

Not getting the facts right gives people another excuse to slag us off. That's what gets on my wick!

How many times do you think Keown has watched us this season (aside from the Gooners game)? If he hasn't seen the majority of Murphy's performances this season then he's truly in no place to comment. Reality is that he'll have taken a cursory glance over the team sheet, seen that Murphy was excluded, and formed his "analysis" from there. It's just lazy punditry but what else have we come to expect from the modern game?

For those of us who have no access to her twittoh account, what did the silly cow say?

Some are now deleted, but

@Fulham09 @lucysmith84 yes. Really enjoyed. Tv has been great...particularly the score line so far tonight ;-)

Also...

@nicw12 @lucysmith84 no one would pay to rent that crowd

• Backroom

"no one would pay to rent that crowd"

barely makes sense, but you get the gist, talentless moose.

Someone mentioned Rovers rent a crowd and that was her reply

"no one would pay to rent that crowd"

barely makes sense, but you get the gist, talentless moose.

Its a direct response to @nicw12 "looks like rent a crowd at Blackburn anyway, better off out of it. He didnt get them relegated. #teamdanny"

It's not really surprising that Mrs. Murphy would stick up fiercely for her husband but perhaps discretion is the better part of valour right now.

As for Appleton's decision to banish Murphy that's been shown to be a rash decision by the 2 Millwall games.

We might have got away with it in the League if Jones keeps up his level of form to date but in the 2 Cup games during which we offered nothing in midfield, we needed Murphy.

It's not really surprising that Mrs. Murphy would stick up fiercely for her husband but perhaps discretion is the better part of valour right now.

As for Appleton's decision to banish Murphy that's been shown to be a rash decision by the 2 Millwall games.

We might have got away with it in the League if Jones keeps up his level of form to date but in the 2 Cup games during which we offered nothing in midfield, we needed Murphy.

She did not just say bad stuff about Rovers fans. She also said, if we knew the truth, we would be shocked. Which suggests something else going on at the club.

You're getting misty eyes there, Rev. With Murphy playing Dunn wouldn't have been. We would then have lost the only bright spark about last night.

Anyone who "came to the club because of Kean" was ways going to end up leaving the club under a cloud.

Archived