BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

For me the person in charge must be allowed to select who they want. If that includes Murphy then so be it. If the team wins then the selection will be correct.

However I would personally be disappointed if Murphy is returned to his former unassailable position. I will be annoyed if Dunn is removed for non footballing reasons as well.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the person in charge must be allowed to select who they want. If that includes Murphy then so be it. If the team wins then the selection will be correct.

However I would personally be disappointed if Murphy is returned to his former unassailable position. I will be annoyed if Dunn is removed for non footballing reasons as well.

Yes he must select who he wants to select but my point is that if he wants to select Murphy then there is something wrong with his ability to select players. Thereby getting off on the wrong foot with the fans and how many matches does it take before he realises that he has backed a donkey?

THERE IS NO TIME TO MAKE FUNDEMENTAL MISTAKES.

Dunn, if fit, must play for football reasons. He has, without a shadow of doubt, been our best player in the last two matches. If Bowyer cannot see this there is something seriously wrong with him.

With respect Al, I'm more interested in who Bowyer thinks will be our best players for the next two games than the last two.

Dunn could be a busted flush, exhausted from 180 minutes of high-stakes, adrenaline-fuelled football in such a short space of time.

I don't want Murphy back either, any more than I wanted Orr back, but I'm more interested in limping over the line and drawing another one under this season.

With respect Al, I'm more interested in who Bowyer thinks will be our best players for the next two games than the last two.

Dunn could be a busted flush, exhausted from 180 minutes of high-stakes, adrenaline-fuelled football in such a short space of time.

I don't want Murphy back either, any more than I wanted Orr back, but I'm more interested in limping over the line and drawing another one under this season.

You are running out of arguments and talking crap. What better indication can you have for who to play in the next two games than who played well in the last two.

What indicator do you have that Dunn is a busted flush. He had the most energy of anyone on the pitch at the end of the last game.

So your selection would be to leave out the best player from each game because he may have tired himself out? Great philosophy that one!

One game was a quarter final, the other a local derby. It's reasonable to assume he was running on fumes by the end of those games and that the player in our squad most notorious for lacking fitness might not be able to start the game.

If he picks Murphy and we win, people will just be moaning for the sake of it, again.

You are running out of arguments and talking crap. What better indication can you have for who to play in the next two games than who played well in the last two.

What indicator do you have that Dunn is a busted flush. He had the most energy of anyone on the pitch at the end of the last game.

So your selection would be to leave out the best player from each game because he may have tired himself out? Great philosophy that one!

This is David Dunn we are talking about. His fitness record over the last 2 years (and beyond) is my argument. Plus his last game was against Bumley and he had a massive point to prove.

If that's talking crap, fine.

Keep him in, trust me I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

• Moderation Lead

One game was a quarter final, the other a local derby. It's reasonable to assume he was running on fumes by the end of those games and that the player in our squad most notorious for lacking fitness might not be able to start the game.

If he picks Murphy and we win, people will just be moaning for the sake of it, again.

Only thing we can hope, is that in the gap between games Dunn will have been proverbially wrapped in cotton wool and he'll be ready and raring to go against Blackpool...

This is David Dunn we are talking about. His fitness record over the last 2 years (and beyond) is my argument. Plus his last game was against Bumley and he had a massive point to prove.

If that's talking crap, fine.

Keep him in, trust me I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

It's two weeks since the last game and to my knowledge there have been no reports of injury. If by some chance he is unfit then there are several other candidates to replace him before you scrape the barrel with Murphy.

It's two weeks since the last game and to my knowledge there have been no reports of injury. If by some chance he is unfit then there are several other candidates to replace him before you scrape the barrel with Murphy.

When have I said I want Murphy back?

My preference would be a fit Dunn paired with Jones, which could actually work very well.

I'd have Jones and Pedersen, before Murphy.

So I'm not exactly sure why you're picking an argument with me over this. All I've ever said is that I could well see Bowyer bring Murphy back- and I still can.

My preference would be a fit Dunn paired with Jones, which could actually work very well.

So I'm not exactly sure why you're picking an argument with me over this. All I've ever said is that I could well see Bowyer bring Murphy back- and I still can.

He might do, but it would be a mistake for no other reason than the fans would turn on Murphy at the first opportunity. A clever manager would see that beforehand. Murphy is best left where he is for now.

I think 4-4-2 hasn't worked at all, therefore I would play Dunny in the hole where he has less defensive responsibility.

That means the 2 central midfielders should be Jones and Williamson/Murphy IMO.

I thought Williamson was injured.

So sad that even he is a better option than Murphy.

He might do, but it would be a mistake for no other reason than the fans would turn on Murphy at the first opportunity. A clever manager would see that beforehand. Murphy is best left where he is for now.

Agreed but I sense there is some kind of mutual understanding between Bowyer and Murphy.

If that's the case I don't know what we have been arguing about.

CKR has been missed massively, since he got injured results/perfomances has got progressively worse.

He holds the ball up very well, rather like EHD used to do, since he's been out it just keeps coming straight back at us. He's got a fair share of haters on here, but to me he's one of the most important players in our sqaud without a doubt.

CKR has been missed massively, since he got injured results/perfomances has got progressively worse.

He holds the ball up very well, rather like EHD used to do, since he's been out it just keeps coming straight back at us. He's got a fair share of haters on here, but to me he's one of the most important players in our sqaud without a doubt.

Couldn't agree more. Team of 11 players with CKR's workrate and desire and we'd be much higher than we are now. Give me a petulant constantly on the verge of being sent off Caz over Danny Murphy's lax, couldn't be less arsed if he tried, attitude any day

Couldn't agree more. Team of 11 players with CKR's workrate and desire and we'd be much higher than we are now. Give me a petulant constantly on the verge of being sent off Caz over Danny Murphy's lax, couldn't be less arsed if he tried, attitude any day

Not sure about the work rate thing but CKR's strength and the ability for the ball to stick to him high up the field have been great for us when he has played.

In terms of his style and temperament, he's like a strong and powerful version of EHD. I bet defenders hate playing against him.

Not sure about the work rate thing but CKR's strength and the ability for the ball to stick to him high up the field have been great for us when he has played.

In terms of his style and temperament, he's like a strong and powerful version of EHD. I bet defenders hate playing against him.

No arguments there Stu. We have really missed his speed and aggression and the sooner he is back the better. In my opinion his injury is a major reason for our loss of form.

Murphy doesn't deserve to be on the pitch after his pathetic performances over the last 2 months, sh*t I'm twice his age and have more energy than him (ok a bit exaggerated) but seeing him ambling around without any enthusiasm is embarrassing especially as he wears the captains armband, some motivator he is. If Dunn doesn't play and Murphy does it can only be Singh pulling the strings. I don't blame Bowyer not wanting the job, I reckon he knows the problems too well.

Murphy doesn't deserve to be on the pitch after his pathetic performances over the last 2 months, sh*t I'm twice his age and have more energy than him (ok a bit exaggerated) but seeing him ambling around without any enthusiasm is embarrassing especially as he wears the captains armband, some motivator he is. If Dunn doesn't play and Murphy does it can only be Singh pulling the strings. I don't blame Bowyer not wanting the job, I reckon he knows the problems too well.

Its not like hes going to create and score goals for the first team its just embarassing that someone like him is at the club.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10315887.Blackburn_Rovers_set_for_squad_boost/

Danny Murphy has returned to first team training under Bowyer, though, after the former captain had been made to train with the reserves and the youth team under Appleton.

He could now be included in the squad to face Blackpool.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone hear this scouse prick this morning on talkshyte? Basically, it's the fans fault they played @#/? all season, Keano left them in 2nd (yes, Keano :blink:, bessie mates them two were) and he wasn't prepared for the type of football in the division...well @#/? off then and give us back our money, you little parasite.

Archived