BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Semi Final Draw

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why the @#/? are people wishing that we WON'T be at Wembley? Some of us want to go to the best stadium in England! Who gives a flying @#/? about the crowd? I want to see my team play at Wembley if I can!

Why the @#/? are people wishing that we WON'T be at Wembley? Some of us want to go to the best stadium in England! Who gives a flying @#/? about the crowd? I want to see my team play at Wembley if I can!

It's the biggest, not necesarily the best.

Wembley should be for finals anyway... even more so if this ends up the case with 2 sets of fans having to travel around 200 miles to half fill it.

• Backroom

Wembley should be for finals anyway... even more so if this ends up the case with 2 sets of fans having to travel around 200 miles to half fill it.

While I agree in principle, I'm happy to go to Wembley this time around as FA Cup final day will be in the middle of my final exams. I'd love to just see them at Wembley and my dad would like to see Dave Whelan lead Wigan out at Wembley, having seen him taken off all those years ago.

I've been to Wembley a few times, it's pretty good. It has escalators!! (easily pleased!)

I think you underestimate the glory-hunting-ness of Wiganners - loads of them will be going for a day out!

The head says a NW venue would be sensible, guarantee a sell out, but the heart says Wembley. The reality is the FA & govt decided to build a £750 million stadium that needs paying for. So we are stuck with it, ironically they will make a loss on a Rovers v Wigan semi

That's the point. Its all about paying for Wembley and the supporters interests come last.

Anyone see that BBC doco on the West Coast line the other night? Railtrack publicised months in advance their plans to carry out essential maintenance which meant no trains south or north for a whole weekend. What does the FA do? Carry on with the Cup Final on that weekend regardless!

Since it happened to be Liverpool v Everton it caused chaos and misery for supporters but FA didn't care.

I've been to Wembley a few times, it's pretty good. It has escalators!! (easily pleased!)

I think you underestimate the glory-hunting-ness of Wiganners - loads of them will be going for a day out!

A work mate of mine is a Wigan Rugby League fan with a bit of an interest in football. He's first words to me this morning were - " Bloody Hell Tyrone, that's three Wembley trips I'll have to save up for " !

That's the point. Its all about paying for Wembley and the supporters interests come last.

Anyone see that BBC doco on the West Coast line the other night? Railtrack publicised months in advance their plans to carry out essential maintenance which meant no trains south or north for a whole weekend. What does the FA do? Carry on with the Cup Final on that weekend regardless!

Since it happened to be Liverpool v Everton it caused chaos and misery for supporters but FA didn't care.

Tbf the FA Cup dates are published way before Railtrack decide on their maintenance plans. The first round of the FA Cup is back in July and you can get all the fixture dates then. But agree on your general sentiment, its all about the money for them.

A work mate of mine is a Wigan Rugby League fan with a bit of an interest in football. He's first words to me this morning were - " Bloody Hell Tyrone, that's three Wembley trips I'll have to save up for " !

Exactly, that's what Wiganners are like, most of them are very proud of their town and even though half of them wouldn't be seen dead watching Latics on a normal day, they're quite happy to rock up at Wembley for a dayout.

Exactly, that's what Wiganners are like, most of them are very proud of their town and even though half of them wouldn't be seen dead watching Latics on a normal day, they're quite happy to rock up at Wembley for a dayout.

Spot on. I know quite a few who have never seen the Latics play but will be on a coach to Wembley.

While I agree in principle, I'm happy to go to Wembley this time around as FA Cup final day will be in the middle of my final exams. I'd love to just see them at Wembley and my dad would like to see Dave Whelan lead Wigan out at Wembley, having seen him taken off all those years ago.

Don't get me wrong... if we get there it will be a special occasion.

It's all about money, money, money, the FA expect 4 bigger clubs to reach the semi who'll fill the FA's coffers with a full house.

The next blow, if we get through, will probably be a 13.00 kick off on the Sunday.....

This BRFCS moaning culture is infectious, even I'm doing it now....

"Have a word with yourself Gav, it's an FA cup semi-final FFS"

I'd love to just see them at Wembley and my dad would like to see Dave Whelan lead Wigan out at Wembley, having seen him taken off all those years ago.

You do realise that nobody other than the captain leads the team out for Greed is Good Wembley semi finals.

Wembley USED to be special. Now it's just another ground

• Backroom

You do realise that nobody other than the captain leads the team out for Greed is Good Wembley semi finals.

Wembley USED to be special. Now it's just another ground

I do realise that. But Dave Whelan will be present at pitchside as his team come out. For folk who saw the guy play, it'll be a nice little moment to cherish. Wembley is still special for many who haven't been before.

• Backroom

Even better when he leads them out in the final?

Indeed but we won't be there if we face them in the Semi, will we? The whole point is that Whelan played for us and broke his leg while doing so in the FA Cup. To face his old side at Wembley part of the guys dream and one I'd like to see (as well as many old-timers).

It should be played in Manchester. It will enable more fans to attend (if we beat the Millwall) and will not look 75% empty as will be the case at Wembley if it is Rovers v Wigan.

I do love the new Wembley though (been 5 times) although I have always been spoiled going corporate and have yet to pay to watch a game there.

IF we beat Millwall I would rather the SF be played in a smaller venue so there would be a good atmosphere. Wembley is good when its full but even if both clubs doubled their average home attendance the place will be half empty.

Don't get me wrong I'll go anyway and it will still be a good day out. Not many teams get an FA Cup semi final and it could be our last for a long while. Wigan are a funny team, if they turn up they could stuff us but they also have the ability to put in a wretched performance.

Anyway lets beat MIllwall first....

It's all about money, money, money, the FA expect 4 bigger clubs to reach the semi who'll fill the FA's coffers with a full house.

The next blow, if we get through, will probably be a 13.00 kick off on the Sunday.....

This BRFCS moaning culture is infectious, even I'm doing it now....

"Have a word with yourself Gav, it's an FA cup semi-final FFS"

Confirmed as the Saturday game I believe.

Archived