BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Semi Final Draw

Imagine that, watching a game of football and expecting a team to be able to pass the ball to one and other and have a few decent attempts on goal.

There is some merit to parts of the game on Sunday - it was reminiscent of a past era of hard-hitting football. The game has moved on since then, though, and people rightfully expect a little more from players being paid relative fortunes.

Money has never had anything to do with the quality of play. Just because they are paid fortunes does not make them better footballers, and footballers were certainly more highly skilled 40 - 50 years ago when every team had 2 wingers and 2 inside forwards and the players were paid a pittance in comparison to today. Personally, I find a hard physical battle more enjoyable to watch than the interminable passing on view in the dull as ditchwater Champions League.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our first FA cup game since 1960, I'd be 'telling' the wife I'm going to the final, sod bolton and sod Silverdale (Sorry TS)

Ps - Don't tell Debs.

For the sake of accuracy Gav 'Our first appearence in the FA cup at Wembley since 1960' is more accurate. Unfortunately the direction the club is going in I can quite easily see it being our last ever.

You do realise that nobody other than the captain leads the team out for Greed is Good Wembley semi finals.

Wembley USED to be special. Now it's just another ground

Whelan has publicly stated that Martinez has asked him to lead out the team at wembley, whelan said he replied by saying I had a dream weeks ago that we would play blackburn at wembley this season and if we do I might just take up roberto's offer.

The game will also be on a Saturday for people who are debating whether to go.

I did that once. Then I went home and watched paint dry. Far more exciting.

180 minutes of cup football. We scored no goals, barely had an attempt worth mentioning, can not put 2 passes together and were beaten by a team as bad as us.

Somebody else on this site has pointed out we have scored 2 goals in the last 7 games.

Still, they must have been good old fashioned physical encounters!

Got any more of that paint Jim?

I think that is me done for this season.. alot of our games surprisingly has been shown here on tv, but i can only think of 1 game that i watched, and that was the Boro Game when we lost at Ewood i think. The Burnley game will be shown, but im not going to bother, as i will instead take the little one out for the day to the beach or something.

I hope many people still go out and support the team in these last few games, but me personally from an overseas perspective, well i have lost interest to even bother looking at the results let alone watch the games.. I havent lost interest in Rovers so to say, but the situation has made me realise that at times its not really worth all this stress right now. Maybe once things really settle down, with Venkys gone, will we have an opportunity to look ahead with happyness again irrespective what division we are in.

I I havent lost interest in Rovers so to say, but the situation has made me realise that at times its not really worth all this stress right now. Maybe once things really settle down, with Venkys gone, will we have an opportunity to look ahead with happyness again irrespective what division we are in.

Believe me CTR you are not alone in your sincere and heartfelt wishes.

Archived