BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is movement and a decent amount of closing down up the pitch, playing with number 10s works. You need if course 4-5-1 for this. Chelsea at their best FO this. We did it for a few 20 minute bursts till we got rid of our number 10s. Not sure we've got the personnel for this now. Bentley and Dunn don't have the energy of Rochina, etc. Best by far our best player on Wed. But Rhodes works less through knock downs than through balls and crosses. He is actually great at running the channels. We need to ge the ball out to Martin O on the left. We need one if our centre-mids -maybe Jones - to start providing the through balls. Please no more of Wednesday's route one!

We will take at least 1 point tomorrow (my money's on 0-0) and definitely 3 off Ince's Blackpool.

4 points would take the immediate heat off and we'll pick up enough points from the remaining home games to stay up, of that I am certain.

Pick one out of that lot?

Burnley H

Blackpool H

Cardiff A

Sheff Wed A

Derby H

Huddersfield H

Watford A

Millwall A

Crystal Palace H

Birmingham A

And where will you be tomorrow oh great fan? Having a walk? Cinema?

Or on here moaning away? It's got an S on the end for a reason hasn't it?

after watching wednesdays shambles of a performance i was thinking of not travelling over tommorow

all of a sudden i'm looking forward to it

a perfect chance for the team to redeem themselves,hopefully there'll be a good atmosphere too as ewood needs it

Over the last couple of years we have failed to do that on every occasion I think, expect nothing more than abject failure tomorrow

If there is movement and a decent amount of closing down up the pitch, playing with number 10s works. You need if course 4-5-1 for this. Chelsea at their best FO this. We did it for a few 20 minute bursts till we got rid of our number 10s. Not sure we've got the personnel for this now. Bentley and Dunn don't have the energy of Rochina, etc. Best by far our best player on Wed. But Rhodes works less through knock downs than through balls and crosses. He is actually great at running the channels. We need to ge the ball out to Martin O on the left. We need one if our centre-mids -maybe Jones - to start providing the through balls. Please no more of Wednesday's route one!

Does Appleton know anything else? Another one setting themselves up for disappointment.

And where will you be tomorrow oh great fan? Having a walk? Cinema?

Or on here moaning away? It's got an S on the end for a reason hasn't it?

Manchester if you must know Bob.

And I thought it was the one's who don't go at the moment who are supposed to be attacking those that do. I'm sticking to my guns as I will not line the Venky coffers.

I may call the situation how it is ....."very grave with a learner at the wheel".... but at least I'm not small minded enough to think people can only have an opinion if they attend matches?

We're lucky it's an all ticket game.. if the weather keeps up its gonna be very icy round the ground tomorrow. Not one many walk-ons would fancy! I'm in Ewood and it's snowed heavily for 1 and 1/2 hours now.

And I thought it was the one's who don't go at the moment who are supposed to be attacking those that do. I'm sticking to my guns as I will not line the Venky coffers.

I may call the situation how it is ....."very grave with a learner at the wheel".... but at least I'm not small minded enough to think people can only have an opinion if they attend matches?

Super. Have a lovely day. Hats off.

I'm at fernhurst. It looks like it is still plus degrees here. You can tell it is still plus because the snow melts away very fast on the ground. The snow only stays on cars and roofs because the metal and bricks are a bit colder than the ground.

I reckon the snow will have almost completely melted away by the morning, and it shouldn't be a problem on tomorrow's game

Not all people, no, definitely not,

But you, yes, you are blatantly just a fair-weather fan(if ever you where a 'real' fan at all), your loving having an excuse not go and having something to whinge about every 10 minutes(although it does stop you kicking the cat I suppose)..

• Backroom

I'm expecting nothing 2moz in an attempt to lessen any pain if we lose.

But sod it I've put a tenner on a rovers win and I'll be screaming my lungs out from the riverside.

All pumped up now. This game can make legends of even the shittest players! I challenge superDunn to lead the players as the on-pitch fan. Let's get a win against those buggers!!!

Can't believe tickets aren't available on the day,wish I checked before doing the 9 hr journey back from we're I'm working,and I'm back in in the morning ffs, just hope MA has the troops fired up and dunn as stressed how much this game means and got in there heads, COYB we need the 3 points more than ever

Archived