BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after watching the first half of tonights game with Hull, there's absolutely nothing to be scared of. This league is completely full of mediocrity. Keith Treacy's playing for Burnley for goodness sake - that's how far we've dropped. Hull look no better either.

To even consider the Championship is the place for PL clubs to look for talent, boggles the mind.

Agree 100% Den.That Burnley game was ruddy awful last night,the standard in this league is shocking and that sadly includes us.

Play like you did last night Longsiders and we might just snatch a draw from this! ^_^

People seem quick to forget that you can't predict this league. People seem quick to forget that it's very hard to predict derbies.

Burnley's game last night was irrelevant. So is our recent form. The only thing they can influence is fan confidence and possibly player confidence (though you never know, good form going into a derby can give players a false sense of security and poor form can lead to them pulling something out the bag from somewhere you wouldn't imagine - alternatively things may play out as expected given form and league position). When it comes to individual games nothing should be written off.

Football died at t'Turf last night. The worst 90 minutes I've seen for years.

Next up, a team we haven't beaten in the last nine meetings and several hours on a bus. Great.

Its a simple game, all Burnley have to do is get a big man upfront against our central two, keep laucnching it upto him and get players in around the target man to feed off him and the chances will come.

Its a simple game, all Burnley have to do is get a big man upfront against our central two, keep laucnching it upto him and get players in around the target man to feed off him and the chances will come.

sad and true

i want sunday to be a great day for lancashire football. not alot to ask is it

• Backroom

I expect a game similar to the recent Leeds game

Poor football with the feel of a cup final with a tense crowd, neither midfield able to control the game fully and possession going back and forth with the odd half chance created

There is nothing to suggest which way it will go at the minute though and 90% of the players will just be out there playing another game with the possible exception of Dunn on our side

A dreadful game. That said I have to say you didn't look any better against Millwall the other day.

All in all it is BOUND to be a brilliant game Sunday as both teams can't possibly play so poorly again, can they?

Oh yes they can. I take my hat off to anyone who ventured out to t' Turf last night. Scott of the Antarctic would be proud of you.

Can't see there being a footballing lesson dispensed by either side. Scrappy end-to-end affair, maybe.

It's a 'nothing to lose' game for Burnley & a 'must not lose' match for ourselves. If we can come out of it with our record intact, we can all sleep easier for another season.

Can't see there being a footballing lesson dispensed by either side. Scrappy end-to-end affair, maybe.

It's a 'nothing to lose' game for Burnley & a 'must not lose' match for ourselves. If we can come out of it with our record intact, we can all sleep easier for another season.

I won't be sleeping easier if we get a point.

Have you looked at the table lately?

A dreadful game. That said I have to say you didn't look any better against Millwall the other day.

All in all it is BOUND to be a brilliant game Sunday as both teams can't possibly play so poorly again, can they?

We've played as badly as we did at Millwall almost every game this season so don't hold your breath.

Oh well!..might as well try and get into the spirit of things.

BRFCS'S very own Claret 'n' boo gruesome 'top lads' two-some in their Sunday best for Ewood...

hillbilly.jpg

;)

Good to see you're broadening your cultural horizons. The work of Roger Ballen should be enjoyed by a wider audience.

Did you see his display at Manchester Art Gallery last year?

Two poor teams battling it out for local bragging rights. Both clubs enjoyed recent PL status and have seen better players replaced by inferior options as the clubs downsize. Few of the players with affinity for either club. Apathetic supporters in many cases. Times have changed.

We need the win to protect our league position. All else is lipstick and rouge.

Archived