BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dingles will be laughing their cokcs off!

Don't forget they only have to sell about 16k to fill the home sections in their tin shack. If it hits 20k it's a good effort considering this seasons crowds, the police state surrounding the game and the over the top ticket prices. If you aren't a diehard or a Burnley hater then this game means nowt to the casual supporter and all the mentioned rigmarole isn't going to pull in the casual part timers from across lancs, and we have thousands of those!

Got Todd Kane back on loan from Chelsea and will be available for this game, good move I think as I was very impressed with him in the games he did play for us. With all the injuries the team more or less picks itself.

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Olsson

Lowe, Dunn, Jones, Stewart

Rhodes, Best

On the crowd subject if we cast our minds back to the 5.0 game at Ewood when we hadn't played them at home for nearly 20yrs the crowd was about 23k. They had approx 5k there so only around 18 thousand home fans for that and we had Souness, we were doing well and had a far better team and mood around the place than now, same restrictions applied. A little perspective is needed i think :)

Got Todd Kane back on loan from Chelsea and will be available for this game, good move I think as I was very impressed with him in the games he did play for us. With all the injuries the team more or less picks itself.

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Olsson

Lowe, Dunn, Jones, Stewart

Rhodes, Best

Not convinced Dunn will start. He was knackered at the end of the game on Wednesday.

Not convinced Dunn will start. He was knackered at the end of the game on Wednesday.

He looked knackered from about ten minutes in to be fair! I'd still rather have a half-fit Dunn than Pedersen or Lowe in central midfield though.

................ Kean

Kane .. Dann . Hanley Olsson

Pedersen Lowe Jones Stewart

................. Dunn

................. Best

Keep Dunn on for as long as he can last (hopefully longer with less defensive duties to do) then replace with him Rhodes if we're after a goal, or someone else if not.

Ho hum more talk, starting to sound repetitive, if he can't get em up for a real chance to get to Wembley he's not gonna do any better here. He has to be looking at himself too.

Injuries are down to the training methods, under Hughes and even Allardyce we hardly had lots of injuries this is down to the backroom team analysing players in training with the aid of software aswell as experience. This lot, I imagine, do not use these same methods but are probably more like Ince's training methods like back in the 60's so our players are getting silly little injuries that can be avoided with the correct training methods.

Score prediction for Sunday (my dream would be to be 0-3 at half time and remain like that until the final 10 mins where we end up going on to win 4-3, so Burnley get all their songs out at us slating us then we have the last laugh) but in reality it will be a hard fought 0-0 or 1-1

I also wonder if there's not a psycological element to all the injuries. When the going gets tough... some players looking for a way out of the pressure.

When a team's winning people shake off knocks and are rareing to get back into the team. When things are going badly all injuries seem worse and take longer to recover. No proof but I wonder if there's an element of this involved in all our injuries. 21 (allegedly) is too much to be a freak number.

As for the game, wasn't too impressed with Kane first time round, but it does mean we can start with Lowe and Jones at cm. This means the 4-4-2 has a fighting chance of working as these two won't get dominated so easily. Additionally it also allows for a solid 4-5-1 with an attacking mid not having masses of defensive duties to do.

Personally I think the rot has to stop here, at least temporarily. Not sure Appleton or many of the players can afford to loose this - so I'm going with a tight rovers win 1-0.

Just bought some tickets, nothing left in Bburn end unless you wanted to sit on row 2.

Our Yorkshire friends still had tickets left at 4pm also, usually I'd hammer them for that, but the draconian measures are the reason, we'll done Lancashire Police.

You're not wrong there pal, losing team - nobody wants to play. Winning team - they all want to play !

I also wonder if there's not a psycological element to all the injuries. When the going gets tough... some players looking for a way out of the pressure.

When a team's winning people shake off knocks and are rareing to get back into the team. When things are going badly all injuries seem worse and take longer to recover. No proof but I wonder if there's an element of this involved in all our injuries. 21 (allegedly) is too much to be a freak number.

As for the game, wasn't too impressed with Kane first time round, but it does mean we can start with Lowe and Jones at cm. This means the 4-4-2 has a fighting chance of working as these two won't get dominated so easily. Additionally it also allows for a solid 4-5-1 with an attacking mid not having masses of defensive duties to do.

Personally I think the rot has to stop here, at least temporarily. Not sure Appleton or many of the players can afford to loose this - so I'm going with a tight rovers win 1-0.

You're not wrong there pal, losing team - nobody wants to play. Winning team - they all want to play.

• Backroom

More importantly who are the subs ?

If that was the team I imagine

Random keeper

Dunn

Gomes

Goodwillie

Givet

Rekik

Plus another random

As weak as it may look I imagine the Burnley bench is worse

Just bought some tickets, nothing left in Bburn end unless you wanted to sit on row 2.

Our Yorkshire friends still had tickets left at 4pm also, usually I'd hammer them for that, but the draconian measures are the reason, we'll done Lancashire Police.

Good news about the BBE though, GAV.

A full blooded performance, a rousing support and a victory, and it'll be a great day. But if we don't put a shift in it'll be... well let's not go there...

Archived