BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Administration

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance

I would've thought that would be an offer they would consider, they bought the club to improve their brand awarenss anyway. They must know that they have spent money with the wrong advise and to be honest, if I were them I couldnt be arsed with the hassle anymore. But if I were in their shoes right now, I would consider recouping some money back if it mean I could still promote my companies brand.

This has been making the rounds to the extent that I have received three separate independent enquiries from Rovers Trust members asking if I have any news on the subject. While I do not, if the VLL recapitalisation really is nothing to do with Rovers as has been rumoured, and no other money is forthcoming, then I don't see how the reported excessive operating losses will be covered to be honest. It is worrying.

Thanks for the update Daniel

Guest Norbert

It'll probably be one of those 'I know the details, but I won't tell' stories that get nowhere, but resurface and be recycled every now and then. Administration would mean the end of Venky's and the other people being involved in the club altogether won't it?

It'll probably be one of those 'I know the details, but I won't tell' stories that get nowhere, but resurface and be recycled every now and then. Administration would mean the end of Venky's and the other people being involved in the club altogether won't it?

No administration would not stop "other people" or unwanted suitors or unsavoury characters taking over and picking at the bones. Have a look at Rangers, Leeds, Portsmouth and numerous other clubs. Venkys would appoint their own administrators and in there lays the danger.

Guest Norbert

Ah, I see. So the administrators would probably be 'Patel Brothers Super Administration Co.' 12 Dysentry Road, Slumdog District, Mumbai or someone like that. Or maybe Kentaro will branch out into this area in a very sneaky back door way.

Whichever way we look Blackburn Rovers Football club is truely f_cked over by these 3rd world c__ts. Let's just hope we can take down Venky's and their 'friends' with us when we do a Portsmouth. Or they all get the clap.

Bronco Blue@broncoblue69

#rovers rumour yesterday was the papers saying some players hadn't been paid. Did anyone see this or is it bullshit?

Or maybe its just Mercerman continuing his constant theme of putting down everything blue & white. He is probably the sort of chap that throws a lot of kean about and then when something finally sticks, starts jumping about like a child shouting "see, I told you so"

Or maybe its just Mercerman continuing his constant theme of putting down everything blue & white. He is probably the sort of chap that throws a lot of kean about and then when something finally sticks, starts jumping about like a child shouting "see, I told you so"

Utter and complete b o l l o c k s.

Time a lot of supporters stopped burying their head in the sand.

You do not need to be a Luca Pacioli to understand that our finances are likely to be extremely strained.

• Backroom

Utter and complete b o l l o c k s.

Time a lot of supporters stopped burying their head in the sand.

You do not need to be a Luca Pacioli to understand that our finances are likely to be extremely strained.

Who?

I'm under not doubt that the finances of the club are stretched - so what do they do? Try to balance the books and get accused of asset stripping or try for promotion and get accused of putting the club at risk of administration?

One of the few things that all rovers fans can agree on, its that Venkys have keened-up ownership of our once proud club - however they show no signs of selling, so whats the alternative? Administration would be a gateway for the club to return to the wilderness years, limping along playing in front of crowds rarely in excess of 15,000, expect the difference this time would be a stadium far bigger and costlier to maintain that the Ewood Park of the 70's/80's. If Venkys do decide to stick it out, its going to cost them (or the debt passed onto the club which makes us a less attractive proposition to potential buyers) a hell of a lot of money to get us back to our pre December 2010 both on and off the pitch - a price which I have a horrible feeling, they won't be willing to pay.

In some respects (and it might sound flippant) liquidation would be a preferable alternative to administration...look at it this way, when a loved one is ill you'd rather they go quickly and peacefully rather than a long drawn out affair were everybody suffers.

I keep hoping that one day they'll wake up, realise they've made a series of terrible mistakes and start to put them right - starting at the very top with experienced/competent football administrators (who'll have the power and authority to run the club in a responsible manner) as opposed to the current shower we have...one can only dream.

I'm under not doubt that the finances of the club are stretched - so what do they do? Try to balance the books and get accused of asset stripping or try for promotion and get accused of putting the club at risk of administration?

One of the few things that all rovers fans can agree on, its that Venkys have keened-up ownership of our once proud club - however they show no signs of selling, so whats the alternative? Administration would be a gateway for the club to return to the wilderness years, limping along playing in front of crowds rarely in excess of 15,000, expect the difference this time would be a stadium far bigger and costlier to maintain that the Ewood Park of the 70's/80's. If Venkys do decide to stick it out, its going to cost them (or the debt passed onto the club which makes us a less attractive proposition to potential buyers) a hell of a lot of money to get us back to our pre December 2010 both on and off the pitch - a price which I have a horrible feeling, they won't be willing to pay.

In some respects (and it might sound flippant) liquidation would be a preferable alternative to administration...look at it this way, when a loved one is ill you'd rather they go quickly and peacefully rather than a long drawn out affair were everybody suffers.

I keep hoping that one day they'll wake up, realise they've made a series of terrible mistakes and start to put them right - starting at the very top with experienced/competent football administrators (who'll have the power and authority to run the club in a responsible manner) as opposed to the current shower we have...one can only dream.

Don't disagree.

What supporters need to realise is that Venky's are not not Uncle Jack and there is no 'magic money tree'.

Whatever our future, it doesn't seem bright and I think we are in for a long, long haul back.

'Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.' Tennyson

Exactly. Can't believe anyone would say that the Uncle Jack years never happened.

And for those with slightly longer memories we looked like tamely slipping into the old Division 3 anyway prior to Jack funding the purchases of Mimms, Livingstone and Dobson before he took over control of the Club fully.

Just a crying shame Jack's family didn't share his passion. What they did to his Club was absolutely shameful imo.

Archived