BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's out protests ?

MrT

Is it time to launch a Venky's out protest?

After 28 months I'm sure most Rovers fans are feeling a little battle worn, frustrated and tired of going around in circles, watching this iconic football institute mismanaged from top to bottom.

As a supporter of 35 years it saddens me and troubles me deeply, yep I've shed a tear or two along the way. Where would we be if Venky's pulled the plug?, and more to the point, would it really be a bad thing?

Everything they do is cloak and dagger, we are drip fed copious amounts of BS, they were welcomed to Ewood with open arms and stood there waving at us while we cheered them. They've promised us they will look after their 'baby', but all we have seen is the destruction of an infrastructure put into place by Mr Walker.

I'm rambling a little because there have been three main things in my life , my wife and kids, my family and Rovers.

I guess the reason I set this thread up is to see what fellow fans opinions are with regards a Venky's out campaign.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big YES. I just hope we have enough fans left to make a difference. And then of course we have the trolls (opposite of the TREMBLERS) who think protests are counter productive and we should get behind and blindly support what effectively is garbage.

A big YES. I just hope we have enough fans left to make a difference. And then of course we have the trolls (opposite of the TREMBLERS) who think protests are counter productive and we should get behind and blindly support what effectively is garbage.

Much like the team and management down at t'rovers i can't be arsed :(

I, like all rovers fans, share your frustration... however people have made advances (so we are told) to purchase the club from Venkys but have been ignored (so we are told). So until they indicate that they are willing to sell the club we are stuck with them - unless of course they hand the keys back at which point we aren't looking at administration, we are looking at liquidation. Now people will say, what about the Rovers Trust - IMO they wouldn't be able to raise anything like enough money (never mind in a short space of time) to rescue the club if Venkys handed the keys in tomorrow.

Its far from great good being a Rovers fan right now, and Christ only knows they've made an almighty cock-up of running the club, but until they indicate whether publically or privately that the club is up for sale, we are stuck with them...

They quite clearly have no interest in listening (never mind engaging) with the fans...its almost a case of close your eyes and see what (if anything) is left if and when they decide to sell/leave.

:red_card:

I just can't sit around for another 52 months watching it Andy, I've had enough now. A well organised Venky's out campaign would give them a wake up call if nothing else, they are an embarrassment to Blackburn and its Rovers.

Tried and failed and if another protest starts then that will end in RELEGATION ....and the owners will most Propably stop funding us!.So if you want to protest then do so!!!?

Funding?, ah yeah that old nugget.

Definitely.

Slimeballs.

Some people will always have an excuse to not protest, though. It reminds me of Reverend Lovejoy's wife in The Simpsons. "But... but... but... think of the children!"

Pretty much the same at Ewood, except with it being any one of... a) Don't protest. It affects the team. b ) What will be will be. Let's get another lager in. c) Venky's are just confused/ naive. Lovely people, though.

d) GET BEHIND THE LADS!!!!

No.

For the simple reason that it's pointless.

They will leave when they choose to, not when a couple of hundred Rovers fans chant at them to leave (or throw snowballs at them),

Mike you remember Charlton? You and me on our feet in the JW upper giving the Raos both barrels. How many others joined in? People simply stared at us.

That is the problem. It's why that game and everything around it left me utterly distraught. Went home to a bottle of brandy - which as most know isn't really my style!

I'm sure the Venky's will disappear of their own accord once they realise they're on a hiding to nothing ,buying a football club with little reward. They have had their little toy to play with and it hasn't worked .

Fear not ,you will be rid , sooner rather than later .

I, like all rovers fans, share your frustration... however people have made advances (so we are told) to purchase the club from Venkys but have been ignored (so we are told). So until they indicate that they are willing to sell the club we are stuck with them - unless of course they hand the keys back at which point we aren't looking at administration, we are looking at liquidation. Now people will say, what about the Rovers Trust - IMO they wouldn't be able to raise anything like enough money (never mind in a short space of time) to rescue the club if Venkys handed the keys in tomorrow.

Its far from great good being a Rovers fan right now, and Christ only knows they've made an almighty cock-up of running the club, but until they indicate whether publically or privately that the club is up for sale, we are stuck with them...

They quite clearly have no interest in listening (never mind engaging) with the fans...its almost a case of close your eyes and see what (if anything) is left if and when they decide to sell/leave.

:red_card:

The question that I have is, when will enough be enough for Venky's?

They have overseen quite a significant downward spiral that is showing no signs of stopping. Yet they reaffirm their commitment whenever asked. What happens if we do get relegated this season or even next? Will there be an event that finally makes them throw in the towel?

I would love for the club to be successful, whoever owns Rovers. But Venky's seem incapable of making any sort of decision that has a positive effect and I don't think we will get very far under them.

I have resigned myself to Championship/League 1 football for the foreseeable future. What happens after that? Who knows...

Unfortunately, and as much as it pains me to say it, in the short term if Venky`s go we will be worse off quite simply because they have supported us financially. I do not see other teams splashing out £8m on a forward. However, they have systematically destroyed everything at the club and must go but folk do need to realise its going to need many steps back before going forward again.

Where's this nonsense coming from that they have supported us financially?

What utter nonsense.

I'm not even sure that they used their own money to buy the club. They certainly gave an undertaking to clear the debt immediately, which they signally failed to do. Everything bought by them (with the possible exception of Rhodes) has been financed with debt or by selling the family silver.

So get that nonsense out of your head straight away.

As for protests, they won't work. What you need to do is to hurt them, give them a connection between financial pain for their business and owning Blackburn rovers. Make life as unpleasant for them as they have made it for us. Protests at Ewood wouldn't give them any problem at all, so forget that.

Now if you started rubbishing them to their suppliers and financiers to teh degree that they lost part of their support network, then you're cooking with gas.

Sadly, I can't see that happening. But I'd love to see them ruined forever. Performing degrading acts in the back of a Delhi bus for a few rupees a throw. See what Lord Ganesh and all his little dancing elves would have to say about that.

Perhaps the Chicken Lords will disappear when they win one of the Indian League club franchise's. Balaji will still have a football toy and the chance for him and any associates still hanging about a chance to generate cash from Indian league games (albeit not directly from attendances etc) will be enormous judging by how much revenue is generated in connection with the cricket league in various markets, Mrs D will get the adulation she thinks she deserves with the underclass praising her left right and centre by not only feeding them but giving them a sport to watch, and Tash will build a new temple or something and more importantly to have a successful franchise in the Indian League wouldn't need the kind of cash they would need to keep pumping into Rovers.

The problem is who they would possibly sell us to, can't see them selling us to any company that wants to crawl through every detail of their and their advisor's activities pre and post takeover in the due diligence process, as imo there's not a skeleton in the closet but a bloody great big graveyard of them. So unless they just wash their hands of us and chuck the keys over the wall , no doubt we will end up with a bunch of chancer's or a front for some dubious people hiding in the shadows . Fingers crossed for a local consortium with the Trust involved

Of course there is the option for them to come clean , name names wipe the slate clean and decide to run the football club under some resemblance of a football club and not what seems a scam for third parties, but fear they are too scared of the repercussions to contemplate such a move. Would also solve the riddle of innocent patsie's or willing accomplices

What did Derek Shaw say about Venkys on that late night football show he was interviewed for? Anyone got a link?

Not heard it but expect it to be

mumble mumble mumble me and aggers love Mrs Desai mumble mumble mumble it was Singhs fault mumble mumble mumble I'm now a lifelong Rovers supporter mumble mumble mumble did you see how much I saved on chairs mumble mumble mumble mumble I've never met any football agent ever in fact I didn't know they existed mumble mumble mumble

Archived