BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's out protests ?

MrT

What did Derek Shaw say about Venkys on that late night football show he was interviewed for? Anyone got a link?

just the usual dribble,

the one thing venkys should be investing all there rovers time and money in if they are genuinely interested rebuilding the club is identifying and installing a new head chairman(and getting shut of shaw,agnew and singh once and for all), this in my opinion is the 1st thing that needs to be done to solidify the foundations of the club before throwing more money away on players.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting points, watching the club lurch from one disaster to another has certainly knocked the stuffing out of me.

I can't ever see them communicating with the supporters, or managing the club correctly.

I'm sure the Venky's will disappear of their own accord once they realise they're on a hiding to nothing ,buying a football club with little reward. They have had their little toy to play with and it hasn't worked .

Fear not ,you will be rid , sooner rather than later .

Yeah. You're new, right?

Go and dig through a few threads, circa March 2012. We've already done the whole "Venkys will get bored and clear off" thing.

12 months on and they're still "interested". Call me cynical but it could be something to do with money.

Yeah. You're new, right?

Go and dig through a few threads, circa March 2012. We've already done the whole "Venkys will get bored and clear off" thing.

12 months on and they're still "interested". Call me cynical but it could be something to do with money.

That made me chuckle....just sayin'

Venkys out protests are totally pointless unless they're actually at the game.

And when they do attend we're advised not to protest during the game because that will get to the players and cost us points.

"Protest all you like AFTER the game" is what we get on here. At that point of course, Venkys are well away!

Find this topic a bit baffling. The protests are in full flow and have reached their most intense point yet. How else can you explain the 13,000 average league attendance this season and the 8,000 attendance on wednesday? The protests have simply elevated to a more potent level, a level that the previous one (vocal and within the ground) would never have been able to oust Steve Kean from. Venkys cared not a jot for vocal opposition, but they do care slightly about financial opposition. Unfortunately, "slightly" is a lot less than us boycotters hoped. They got rid of the standard bearer of the sickness within our club, but didn't get rid of the sickness. Its difficult to think what will get rid of them, bar the club being placed in administration (a prospect that seems more appealing by the month).

Where's this nonsense coming from that they have supported us financially?

What utter nonsense.

I'm not even sure that they used their own money to buy the club. They certainly gave an undertaking to clear the debt immediately, which they signally failed to do. Everything bought by them (with the possible exception of Rhodes) has been financed with debt or by selling the family silver.

So get that nonsense out of your head straight away.

As for protests, they won't work. What you need to do is to hurt them, give them a connection between financial pain for their business and owning Blackburn rovers. Make life as unpleasant for them as they have made it for us. Protests at Ewood wouldn't give them any problem at all, so forget that.

Now if you started rubbishing them to their suppliers and financiers to teh degree that they lost part of their support network, then you're cooking with gas.

Sadly, I can't see that happening. But I'd love to see them ruined forever. Performing degrading acts in the back of a Delhi bus for a few rupees a throw. See what Lord Ganesh and all his little dancing elves would have to say about that.

That is he only way to hurt Venkys - in their own back yard. How to go about that is another matter. After all they have had loads of bad press in India, yet are still here.

Protests at Ewood, been tried and failed to achieve anything at all.

So no, pointless.

Did the protests fail to achieve anything at all ? Apparently the Rao's had a feed from every game and whilst baldy and his life long Rovers supporting PR guru were telling the loons in Pune that everything was rosey at the same time whispering to switch the blame to Venky's , the tv pictures and press painted a different story. Baldy & co might have used their silver / forked tongues on Mrs D but failed to work their charms on Balaji, hence why Singh was sent over and low and behold everything was not as rosey as Team Kean were presenting.

Now did I mention I'm a Life long Rovers supporter's little mouthpiece has wormed his way into Mrs D's ear (must have worn a bald wig on his recent visit, perhaps he got it off a spiv on the way?) and is the only person along with Appleton who has a direct line apparently to Mrs D, hence the side lining of Singh, do you think the everything is rosey in the garden line might be once again being fed back to India in an act of self preservation?

Facts back it up, no protests, "official " crowd figures are being reported as to be expected (remember "a few wins and they will come back" was the line during a recent board member's FU to the supporters acceptance speech), unfortunately non manipulated FA cup crowd figures tell a different story. Supporters have been blaming the action group and Singh for everything which was no doubt music to a certain board members ears and fed back to Pune.

So will another wave of protest's achieve anything?

Well it might not persuade Venky's to get out of town , but might get them asking questions about the enemy within

Thanks for all the feedback so far, all of it appreciated and relevant

I feel we need to do something and don't want to sit quietly for another two years, enough is enough for me.

I personally feel that well organised, slick protests might just tip them, but there's no guarentee's.

I've noticed the trust are gaining a lot of members and pledges and as I originally pledged a couple of grand to brsit it may be time to jump onboard again.

I think Venky's hated the protests - for example, just look at the reaction from the club (Agnew) at the time - music drowning fans out, banners not being allowed in etc.

They certainly did hate them, especially the fans that voted with their feet as thousands are doing now, its just a matter of time before they jump ship, match day protests could help speed up that process.

Before anyone harps on about administration, funding etc, I'd much rather be in the northwest counties league than have these idiots in Pune, backed by a shelf salesman from Preston, and a man who's key function at the club 5yrs ago was to take matchday pictures of the mascots :angry2:

• Backroom

Yet they didn't act on them and are still here

The protests were worthwhile but eventually became white noise and don't think they will effect the owners now

What's to say they won't just stop putting any money at all in and stay in India letting the club rot, they aren't bothered and have no prerogative to sell

I think Phillip has mentioned this, but the key point is that they wouldn't want a new owner/due dilligence team looking through the books for the last 2 years. There are so many skeltons they wouldn't want being made know to anyone else for fear of these getting leaked.

I think they want to stay around to accompany the Venkys XPRS launch in the UK. That will be the time to hit them and affect their core business.

I think Phillip has mentioned this, but the key point is that they wouldn't want a new owner/due dilligence team looking through the books for the last 2 years. There are so many skeltons they wouldn't want being made know to anyone else for fear of these getting leaked.

I think they want to stay around to accompany the Venkys XPRS launch in the UK. That will be the time to hit them and affect their core business.

Philipl has more conspiracy theories than x-files, that said I do believe that some murky stuff does exist, its just not as damaging as some would have us think, or surely it would have been acted upon by now.

It makes you wonder if stories such as these are released on purpose to stop people actually protesting etc, ummmmm food for thought eh.

• Backroom

I wish you would do the first bit I must admit :P

I protested last season and don't think any more would do any damage but all they will achieve now in my view is making yourself feel better that your doing something

I mean to an even further extent

Cripes, the mind boggles.

They've done more than enough damage as it is. Almost relegated within 6 months of takeover, relegated the next year, running the club on debt/player sales, and a significant danger of a second successive relegation.

But you think they could actually be even worse than what they've subjected us to already? Struggling to conjure that one up in my mind.

Archived