BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's out protests ?

MrT

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and if venkys decide to sell who in their right mind would buy the club especially when they realise supporters don't turn up when things go wrong, or has that slipped your mind? :-)

When things go wrong? That must be the understatement of the decade

Bloody hell if the calculators that bad on them , suggest you don't follow directions from apples 'the most beautiful, powerful mapping service ever'. :)

Tom Tom and Command :)

Need to calm down n have a becks I think, me bloods boiling, not good for the ticker

I still blame my old man, Dad why didn't you take me the Camp Nou before Ewood

Venky's can kiss my blue 'n' white arse......... Pray to god we do the Dingles.

And they are doing what pray tell?

The trust's aims are a honourable pipe dream imo and are BRAG still in existence??

I have to admit over the years, especially since the advent of Sky money, my love of all things football has diminished somewhat. That's football in general, not Rovers. I'm glad to say my team still gives me that gut-wrenching emotion, right now it's for the wrong reasons.

I grew up in an age when every season every fan could have a dream. Your club had a chance, you could dream until results made a cup run, promotion or a championship impossible. There was ALWAYS a chance. Today that has all changed.

So if the Trust's aims are a pipe dream, and I don't believe they are, this is still a positive. We are bringing back that bit of hope, the dream which should be a part of every fan's life.

I'm sure Swansea fans have dreamt of a trophy for 100 years or more. Without their trust it might never have happened.

Dare to dream? Why not? Imagine how we would feel when the club we own once again becomes a force.

That's a dream worth fighting for

http://www.roverstrust.co.uk

Agree with that Paul I strongly believe that the trust can and will take some role in ownership of the club whether that be in the near future or further down the line , but I would be quite happy to see the club not as a "force" but just to see it ran at all levels by people who actually care for the club and what it stood for, and to see players , who some not the most gifted knew what it meant to the supporters that they were representing the famous shirt and played to the best of their ability accordingly , and if that means falling further for that to happen and rid the club of the disease than so be it.

The above might not be a popular opinion but I am of that age like many others that has seen Rovers in the then third division , the people who ran the club knew what it meant to the people of Blackburn, the club engaged with the community and the supporters dreamed of maybe a cup run and a push for promotion.

Don't get me wrong if some new rich businessman with the clubs interest at heart came along and did a Jack Walker and we did become a force I would be ecstatic, but the chances of that happening are few and far between.

The above is not some misty eyed clap trap about the good old days, and to be honest if we had have been relegated from the Prem by not being good enough or just unlucky it wouldn't have bothered me , what angers me is the deliberate destruction of one of the most traditional and dare I say famous English football clubs in the interests of greed.

My only problem with Paul's post is the Swansea link. I really want to be part of a Trust that have a stake in a Championship (or PL club), jointly with owners who really care and have a financial platform to build on, rather than full ownership of a low league (or non-league) club.

My problem is that I just don't see a buyer.

My only problem with Paul's post is the Swansea link. I really want to be part of a Trust that have a stake in a Championship (or PL club), jointly with owners who really care and have a financial platform to build on, rather than full ownership of a low league (or non-league) club.

My problem is that I just don't see a buyer.

Thing is Stuart ,imo if the trust are in a position to take ownership or part ownership in the first instance and we become a "normal" football club again in whatever division and cut our cloth accordingly , then surely the club would be more of an interest to a potential part owner with the trust still retaining a share, if that was the case could see no problem with the trust allowing due diligence which I can not somehow see Venky's being to keen on doing at the present time.

It's not going to be a quick fix, certainly a lot longer than the two and a third years its took for the crooks and self serving idiots to destroy it

and if venkys decide to sell who in their right mind would buy the club especially when they realise supporters don't turn up when things go wrong, or has that slipped your mind? :-)

Not slipped my mind at all, but you need to think bigger picture.

Not everyone was brought up on champagne football and Premiership money, if we need to go back down the leagues then so be it, as long as we get rid of the idiots in Pune and idiots running the club I'll be more than happy.

I have to admit over the years, especially since the advent of Sky money, my love of all things football has diminished somewhat. That's football in general, not Rovers. I'm glad to say my team still gives me that gut-wrenching emotion, right now it's for the wrong reasons.

I grew up in an age when every season every fan could have a dream. Your club had a chance, you could dream until results made a cup run, promotion or a championship impossible. There was ALWAYS a chance. Today that has all changed.

So if the Trust's aims are a pipe dream, and I don't believe they are, this is still a positive. We are bringing back that bit of hope, the dream which should be a part of every fan's life.

I'm sure Swansea fans have dreamt of a trophy for 100 years or more. Without their trust it might never have happened.

Dare to dream? Why not? Imagine how we would feel when the club we own once again becomes a force.

That's a dream worth fighting forhttp://www.roverstrust.co.uk

+1

Paul,

Just out of interest, for the Trust to be taken seriously, rather than pledges, is it feasible to take cash money on account?

Clearly the documentation would need to be drawn up as a safeguard. The Trust would invest the money on behalf of the individual in a high interest earning account until such time as the funds needed to be drawn down if ever. The individual would benefit from any interest accrued in the interim and the funds deposited could be returned if required within an agreed notice period.

I appreciate that it's rather simplistic but I'm sure you will get the gist. I'm certain it would be better to have an actual war chest rather just the promise of one!

I am a continuous Season Ticket Holder since 1970. Committed money to the Trust. Member of BRAG.

And so dispirited that I do not know the way forward.

I would like to donate my money via the Trust; hope for the two Ian's to get a good price for the Club in connection with the Trust.

It is a relatively slow death now....the haemorrhaging of fans is the principal worry. We are going to need another Full members Cup Final before the re-birth starts happening.

Professional Banners placed round the Town and brought to Ewood for outside the Ground on matchdays.

But listen to the silence from BRAG...its deafening. As i say I am dispirited(and deeply depressed)

In joining the trust and Action Group you are doing your bit, The silence may seem deafening, but it's more a case of quietly working at it, than a deafening silence, I can assure you the Action Group has not gone away.

Yeah. You're new, right?

Go and dig through a few threads, circa March 2012. We've already done the whole "Venkys will get bored and clear off" thing.

12 months on and they're still "interested". Call me cynical but it could be something to do with money.

A touch patronising. Some people don't have the time to flood each thread. All opinions welcome. Especially new ones in my humble opinion.

That's a dream worth fighting for

http://www.roverstrust.co.uk

Absolutely agree here. Just been talking today about the Swansea model. Their trust bought in when their club was on its knees. We are not quite there yet. Unfortunately can only see things getting worse at Rovers. The club will de-value and then maybe true fans will be able to afford a stake in the club.

A touch patronising. Some people don't have the time to flood each thread. All opinions welcome. Especially new ones in my humble opinion.

It was tongue in cheek, Ebh. Although it is a Wanderers fans so... ;)

Paul,

Just out of interest, for the Trust to be taken seriously, rather than pledges, is it feasible to take cash money on account?

Clearly the documentation would need to be drawn up as a safeguard. The Trust would invest the money on behalf of the individual in a high interest earning account until such time as the funds needed to be drawn down if ever. The individual would benefit from any interest accrued in the interim and the funds deposited could be returned if required within an agreed notice period.

I appreciate that it's rather simplistic but I'm sure you will get the gist. I'm certain it would be better to have an actual war chest rather just the promise of one!

OK I am by no means the expert in this area but what you have described is the escrow account the Trust will be setting up when the time is right to make a cash call on those who have pledged support. It's not at all simplistic.

We have debated this question many times within the Steering Group. It would give us a very powerful position if we could point to an account with £xxx million sat in it. We are discussing internally when will be the appropriate moment to ask fans who have pledged to actually stump up the cash.

OK I am by no means the expert in this area but what you have described is the escrow account the Trust will be setting up when the time is right to make a cash call on those who have pledged support. It's not at all simplistic.

We have debated this question many times within the Steering Group. It would give us a very powerful position if we could point to an account with £xxx million sat in it. We are discussing internally when will be the appropriate moment to ask fans who have pledged to actually stump up the cash.

My point also being a consolidated investment would also attract a much better return as a percentage in the short/medium term irrespective as opposed to someone investing £1,000 independently in a building society per se?

IMO it's imperative to see if the Trust is a feasible option or not, whether as potential part or full owners.

It's one thing having pledges that may never materialise, another sitting on the cash.

Bank of Dave offers good interest rates.

Irony.

I'm going to join the trust today,and see what happens vs Dingles after that who knows?

May well have to call off my love affair with the club at the end of the season, I just aint got the heart for another two years of nonsense.

Good Friday - Rovers v Blackpool this surely has to be a day when we are all ready & willing to give a big F - OFF to Venkys. They have and continue to shi#t on any ounce of respect for the History of Blackburn Rovers. I'll be taking in a banner. I will hopefully enjoy a result. If any dare say it would distract the players GET A GRIP!

I'm asking for 90 minutes of the passion we had when Dunny scored - directed at the scum who have ripped BRFC to pieces.

Even those who didnt accept Appleton - realise please - Venkys & the Board are killing our club. Do not sit on your hands - lets shout our heads off at them for the full game.

Your club needs you. VENKYS OUT!

You cant ask fans to borrow money to put it into an account. You can only ask once there is an offer agreed between the 2 parties of so the conditions can be looked at. How many would be happy to give the trust a grand, then find out theres no deal, or its a shared ownership model with Venkys?

From what i have read, this is what the other trusts have done, made an arrangement, then put it to the fans to raise the capital.

The only step the trust could legitimately take, is to pre-verify peoples ability to secure a loan, but even that I wouldnt be comfortable with until there is at least a position of negotiation with Venkys, otherwise you can affect peoples credit records for no reason.

Archived