BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Rhodes be dropped?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't been winning games with Rhodes so a rest against the top of the league isn't completely stupid.

We've been playing two games per week for ages, and I don't recall the players having their annual recouperational away trip to Dubai Scarborough this season. I'm hoping the rest will do him good.

We've also been missing CKR and against Blackpool played him in midfield (or appeared to). Rhodes can do a lot of good for us in the final few games of the season but he needs the service.

I think we'll see a strong team against Wednesday. Hopefully we'll get a result.

What morons drop their biggest asset I'm the run in FFS... I'd love to see Rhodes in a good Rovers side it would be interesting to see how many he'd bag with service from midfield and wingers

The problem with dropping Rhodes because he doesn't bring much else to the game other than goals (!) is that his replacement offers even less. Apparently Best looked quite good in his 20 minutes against Bolton which is a relief because every time I've seen him he's been shocking in every aspect.

Jeez -what a redundant thread. JR feeds off scraps and his class is patently obvious. How good is RVP outside the box? Allan Clarke, Fowler, Greaves, Rush?

Rush? Wash your mouth out! Rush was phenomenal inside and outside the box. He worked his balls off for his teammates when Lpool were not in possession and still stuck em in whenever he got even a sniff of a chance. I said earlier that if Rhodes wants to improve himself he should sit and watch old video's of Ian Rush, and particularly when he was off the ball.

Just assuming for a second Rhodes was exceptional at holding the ball up, what difference would it make to our current team anyway?

If we had strong breaking midfield players bursting into the opponents box it might be relevant but none of the midfield nor the wingers look like they've got a goal in them.

Just as an aside, if you could squeeze another season out of Kevin Davies fitness and injury wise, would he not be the ideal sort of foil for Rhodes?

Just assuming for a second Rhodes was exceptional at holding the ball up, what difference would it make to our current team anyway?

If we had strong breaking midfield players bursting into the opponents box it might be relevant but none of the midfield nor the wingers look like they've got a goal in them.

Just as an aside, if you could squeeze another season out of Kevin Davies fitness and injury wise, would he not be the ideal sort of foil for Rhodes?

Quite possibly.... but Davies would expect and prob demand that Rhodes put a decent shift in in support... and be less selfish.

Rhodes just needs feeding and he'll do the rest but this bunch of losers can't get the ball to him other than "hoofing" it in hope. They're just incapable of getting the ball down and working as a team until they are in a position to feed him, league table positions do not lie, the team is the problem not Rhodes.

Archived