BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Its not as if he can't be in contact with the coaching staff whilst on holiday.

Probably a good thing to let the dust settle around the club whilst having a few piña coladas

He IS the coaching staff :P

I presume the Shebby / Murphy dream team will be running the show

• Backroom

I presume the Shebby / Murphy dream team will be running the show

Would be surprised if many of the players take either of them seriously... which is bad news at it means we'll be even less fit against Blackpool than we usually are.

would Fans be happy if Bowyer was appoint as Permanent manager in the summer???

No!

For the simple reason that he's not a football manager and let's face it, we've had enough imitators in the last two years...

Being a GB and TMc fan just cant see them being as much of a success second time round, due to the large number of players who are either leaving in the summer or are of a poorer quality than that have come into the club under Appleton.

Hard to believe he's having to do this given 3 wins in 4 games in his last stint, but hope he proves the doubters wrong. If he plays Murphy and we win, brilliant. If he plays Dunn and we win, brilliant. If he plays Shebby Singh and we win, brilliant. There's too much emphasis placed on the minor things on here. The only importance the minor things have is whether or not they add up to the main thing. It only mattered that Appleton talked a good game if we were winning, which we weren't. It only matters how much influence Murphy has if we're losing, which last time we weren't.

I'm surpised no-one has picked up on the as yet unchallenged assertion by Nicko that, under Bowyer, Shebby has some kind of input in team selection.

Well he did last time, even Cryer confirmed it!

Saying that, Bowyer did curtail certain Shebby privileges and also had complete control of training, and the backing of the players, especially Murphy....

Under-21 fixtures have changed recently so there is now a reasonable gap until the next game and with an international break I would assume that Gary booked this for his family as the ideal time to take a break. Personally, I don't have a problem with it as Gary is on a hiding to nothing at the moment. If he can't avoild relegation he will be in danger of losing his job and if he does avoid it nobody will give him credit as folk have been saying all season how we have the best squad in the League. :wacko:

The way in which Berg and Appleton have been treated, not to mention the other staff, shows that nobody should have any loyalty to the Indian mob because they would appear to treat people without any respect judging by the way sackings are reportedly done at Ewood these days. I don't blame Gary for putting his family before the circus that the Rovers have become.

It's the other way round isn't it? He's got little to lose. Plenty of people and all the Appleton apologists think he was left a duff hand by Kean/Venky's etc. If you accept that line of thinking, as long as Bowyer keeps us up he couldn't be expected to do any better because the squad's so poor and if he does well then he's done better than 4 other managers with the same set of players or even arguably a worse bunch than the one Appleton started with.

As for moaning about him going on a pre booked holiday. I agree with you, can't see the problem. He'll have been able to communicate his thoughts in advance to McPhillips who presumably will stilol be there.

Oh yes, I'll bet Shebby's donned the tracksuit and returned to Brockhall now the big, scary man from Salford's gone.

Surely a scary Salford scrote would have terrorised the boys into NOT playing like wet blankets? ;)

Still no confirmation from Rovers Bowyer in charge btw....?

Point well made

Not a murmur from Ewood

Bowyer will have a vastly tougher job this time around.

Appleton was popular, Berg not.

Singh is now hated by the players.

Murphy situation anomolous.

Plus a full on relegation battle ahead

'bout the top and bottom of it that's why I said if I was him I'd tell 'em to do one.

Could be coincidence , but sacking before the two week break could well have been carried out to get a new manager in for the next game, or is that too logical in Venkyworld? especially considering that there are no official statements (could be wrong) that Bowyer is in charge till the end of the season.

• Backroom

Could be coincidence , but sacking before the two week break could well have been carried out to get a new manager in for the next game, or is that too logical in Venkyworld? especially considering that there are no official statements (could be wrong) that Bowyer is in charge till the end of the season.

The ONE thing that has me hoping for Adkins tbh.

What a bizarre situation (I suppose it is par for the course with Venky's).

I am certain that Bowyer has been put incharge, however various media outlets have tried to get confirmation from Rovers and there is silence.

The people incharge will neither confirm or deny anything. There is no communuication coming out of the club, like I said bizarre. It shows again that the executive structure at the club is totally disfunctional and in my opinion on the verge of collapse.

B

Archived