BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Are BRAG?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I will not comment further on this on here it must make terrible reading and paints both groups in a dim light, .

Agreed its one of those situations where nobody comes out of it looking good, best left as is.

The initiative is a good one to get behind and the fact is the vast majority of fans couldn't care less who requested or didn't request a meeting

I'm not even sure this thread serves a purpose now we've established that the group are here and working on things still

• Backroom

Thanks for your thoughts Andy, but I should have known better than to try and start a discussion on a thread with 'brag' in the title.

Not that brag members are solely to blame for the childish and divisive handbags that are being displayed at this time. Rovers are in by far their most dangerous predicament I can remember (20+yrs), but who cares when there are insults and bitchy comments to be made about fellow supporters?

Kean the club, kean Shabbyshagspew, kean relegation to division three, kean the chuckle brothers, kean 6 managerial reigns in one keaning season (?!!?!!?), kean the most spinless collection of over-pampered dross to ever wear the blue and white halves, kean only one goal in kean knows how many keaning hours of football, there's some guy needing due a put down on the brfcs messageboard.

I really do not understand the mentality of some of the serial bitchy comment makers on this board.

And by the way - don't keaning tell me to calm down!

You seem perfectly calm to me mate.

From RT Conference Call minutes 15-02-13: 9) AOB a. SB updated on FSF action for Twenty’s Plenty – This is an Away Fans Initiative and although supported by is NOT a Rovers Trust initiative. WW to gauge reaction from Glen Mullen. I don't know how or where the confusion has arisen but the above is the minute from our meeting I have simply clarified the Trust is not involved in 20's Plenty and that we did not ask BRAG to set up a meeting. It's very clear, that is all. That's it I have to sleep!!

Are you for or against a united fanbase?

• Backroom

Are you for or against a united fanbase?

I was just thinking aloud on twitter but are we past the point of ever uniting the fanbase again? Are most clubs like this or are we an exception?

Maybe best discussed in another thread though as not to imply the reason for the split is the group

I was just thinking aloud on twitter but are we past the point of ever uniting the fanbase again? Are most clubs like this or are we an exception?

Maybe best discussed in another thread though as not to imply the reason for the split is the group

But we've never had a united fanbase Tom. Even back in the good old days it was always the fans and then Theno.

When are the fans forum coming to join in?, reading back a representative of theirs seemed to have started this one rolling regarding the meeting etc

4 ff members attended. I was on the list but on holiday so couldn't make it 5 or represent brfcs, which is also an fsf affiliate.

How can we complain that we have a board who are disunited and squabbling when the fanbase is too? The speed at which "groups" want to disassociate themselves with each other is saddening.

Venkys (or whomever it is set on destroying our club) must be absolutely cocking themselves.

"This is easier than we thought. We can do what we want - the fans just blame each other!"

Reading this makes me realise why I wouldn't wish to join the Action Group or the Trust. Amateur politics at it's worst! While our club is sinking fast there are fans arguing about the wording of minutes of meetings. You really couldn't make it up.

Reading this makes me realise why I wouldn't wish to join the Action Group or the Trust. Amateur politics at it's worst! While our club is sinking fast there are fans arguing about the wording of minutes of meetings. You really couldn't make it up.

But what can you do on your own? If you love the Club you have to do something and we have to do it in numbers.

Join one or other and use your influence to end in- fighting. At least its worth a try?

I felt the same for a while but in my opinion people can get sucked in by the squabbles on this messageboard. I did for a while but when you look closer it is 1 or 2 people having a childish dig at each other on a public forum.

But saying that the people in various groups need to look at yourselves and realise that you are putting people off. If you have a problem with other individuals then get off your keyboard and pick the damn phone up and sort it out. You never know you might get a few more members who will join.

There are some self-serving egotistical types who represent the various fans groups. Why on earth ALL their efforts are not concentrated on pulling in the same direction is beyond comprehension to the fans who don't want to be in little 'gangs' and cliques. We moan about a divided Board at our club but these fans groups are every bit as bad.

Childish, infantile nonsense - grow up.

We sought clarity on a number of issues concerning our members, primarily the clubs current Board Structure, Management, assurances over the clubs financial stability ahead of a further season out the top flight, as well as some other minor issues surrounding various aspects of the club. Ian Sylvester the club secretary was also present for part of the meeting as the group wished to discuss the transfer of its shares.

The full minutes will hopefully be issued via the usual channels later this week.

In the main, we are a group which acts on directive of its membership base. We have had issues brought to us from supporters both via the walk in centre and online communications which needed to be addressed with the club, in addition to this we also needed to speak with the club on other issues, such as the charity football match the group is leading on which will take place at Ewood Park in May and arrangements for this need dialogue, the partnership in place with Derian House which has various events that also need progressing and of course the campaign involving many supporter groups for the FSF which we had been actioned to speak with the club in relation too.

It was due to a combination of these things, that i requested the meeting with Derek and he obliged immediately.

Thanks very much Mark, look forward to reading the discussions in more detail when you put the minutes on your website :rover:

I felt the same for a while but in my opinion people can get sucked in by the squabbles on this messageboard. I did for a while but when you look closer it is 1 or 2 people having a childish dig at each other on a public forum.

But saying that the people in various groups need to look at yourselves and realise that you are putting people off. If you have a problem with other individuals then get off your keyboard and pick the damn phone up and sort it out. You never know you might get a few more members who will join.

My sentiments exactly.

Just catching up.

Remember peeps - no man (or woman) is bigger than the club.

It's a shame all energy can't be directed in the right channels.

You will be squabbling over a bankrupt league 2 club soon

I haven't read this thread for 3 days, mainly through lack of time. I don't intend to read back, I think it best not to. However I became involved in a public "spat" with other posters on Thursday. This is not my usual style, I'm disappointed in myself and would like to apologise. I don't intend to let myself down, which is what I did, again.

Now I'm off to debate Trust finances with Eddie. See you all in the the Rovers Trust thread!!

Archived