BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Probiz - potential new owners?

Guest Norbert

The strange thing about this is this, no one seems to know the guy in Blackburn, despite him saying he was born there!!

Beware of the 'grey blurs'.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His company seem to have a value of around 200k and he is the director of 6 other companies which have bad credit ratings mainly because they stopped trading or are newly formed. Think this is another syed Ali and hope we stay well clear. At least venkys have money.

From my brief research into Probiz I would say they are legit. They have been involved with sport for many years, sponsoring West Brom`s stadium as well as being involved with Rugby. I doubt the guy would have enough money to finance Rovers. The key, as with the two Ians, he would have access to a lot of wealthy people. Interesting that they are in the Qatar market.

I would welcome anything that would wrestle some (if not all) control of Rovers. They cannot be much worse. As Kamy said, I could not see Venkys selling their `baby` completely. They'd stay in the background. We need their cash anyway. A person who can come in and sorted out the management of the club in the boardroom whilst Venkys continue to invest in the club would be a decent solution imo.

Kamy do you know if they initiated direct contact with venky's or were introductions done by somebody else?

I saw Battersby after the game talking to some fans yesterday.He was in bits about the state of the club as were the fans that were talking to him.A little group developed comparing their misery and he was asked 'please buy it' and said he has emailed Mrs Desai every 2 months for the last 2 yrs in a non aggressive let us help way, and hasnt even had the courtesy of an email to say thanks , noted or anything.He said him and the other Ian were gutted about the way the club was heading but that the mire was getting deeper by the day.He also siad he was in regular touch with Wayne Wild who clearly felt the same way.

Just my opinion and that of the lads i was with who joined in but i really warmed to this guy.He knows eaxctly what needs doing, knew his football inside out and as a massive Rovers fan is clearly hurt .These Venkys really are bunch of keans-not even to reply?? its disgraceful and pig ignorant

I saw Battersby after the game talking to some fans yesterday.He was in bits about the state of the club as were the fans that were talking to him.A little group developed comparing their misery and he was asked 'please buy it' and said he has emailed Mrs Desai every 2 months for the last 2 yrs in a non aggressive let us help way, and hasnt even had the courtesy of an email to say thanks , noted or anything.He said him and the other Ian were gutted about the way the club was heading but that the mire was getting deeper by the day.He also siad he was in regular touch with Wayne Wild who clearly felt the same way.

Just my opinion and that of the lads i was with who joined in but i really warmed to this guy.He knows eaxctly what needs doing, knew his football inside out and as a massive Rovers fan is clearly hurt .These Venkys really are bunch of keans-not even to reply?? its disgraceful and pig ignorant

I can vouch for Ian trying to contact Mrs D, I have tried on his behalf through my contacts, the emails have reached Mrs D but for whatever reason she hasn't even had the courtesy of replying to the two Ian's. My feeling is that someone has done a good job of discrediting the two Ian's with Mrs D.

I can vouch for Ian trying to contact Mrs D, I have tried on his behalf through my contacts, the emails have reached Mrs D but for whatever reason she hasn't even had the courtesy of replying to the two Ian's. My feeling is that someone has done a good job of discrediting the two Ian's with Mrs D.

Kamy your feeling is more than likely someone with something to gain by being so devious to do that

This is where the innocent/naive/clueless owners theory falls down. They have been offered genuine help so many times, but have turned it down, yet they take the advice given by certain parties, despite it destroying their investment time and time again. There is a story beneath all this that we haven't seen yet.

There seems to have been a lot of discrediting done doesn't there, John Williams, Sam Allardyce ,Tom Finn etc etc looks like keano, man who can not be named and Aggers via his little man is the only one to remain not in mrs d's naughty book, and credit to him as a life long rovers supporter (i think he mentioned that once or twice) were in safe hands, oh well guess we can wait and see who's waiting in the shadows

Kamy can you not ask the two Ian's to put on a couple of bald wigs and do a bit of Tantric dancing they may get taken seriously then by Mrs D

Firstly, let not judge Probiz without doing proper research into them, which I think Kamy is doing.

secondly, its would be great if we were to be bought by the 2 Ian's and their group with fans trust having a 20% like Swansea FC does.

lets see wat happens this summer but I do reckon we will have a change of ownership this summer

Guest Norbert

Another company no-one has heard of involved?! For the unitiated, there are so many 'consultancy firms', middlemen, head hiunters and deal brokers involved in this kind of business that people like me wonder where the money goes and if a sports team actually meet a representative of a potential sponsor or partner. After all, Halpin Sports didn't do this for free out of the goodness of their heart. It makes for a long and confusing paper trail, and plenty of opportunity to skim a bit of money for yourself.

The more convoluted the process the deal is, the more dark corners there are to hide.

Kamy, I thought his comment about further discussions was after PROBIZ initially agreed to sponsor us for a few games, thought those further discussions had led to the sponsorship deal being extended until the end of the season.

Think you are right with initial sponsorship etc, but the stuff in this link from 19th Jan sounds like he intends to get more involved, just skip over the stuff about getting into the play offs :)

I've not studied this for 5 mins so I may be prejudging wildly but just ask yourselves why would anybody not previously connected with the club or the town want to take on a loss making enterprise like BRFC?

All these flakey shadowmen are only interested in what they can take out of BRFC NOT what they can put in.

I've not studied this for 5 mins so I may be prejudging wildly but just ask yourselves why would anybody not previously connected with the club or the town want to take on a loss making enterprise like BRFC?

All these flakey shadowmen are only interested in what they can take out of BRFC NOT what they can put in.

Apparently born in Blackburn and talks a good game this interesting quote from a Rugby League forum ..."What i can say is that an announcement will be done on my return to Qatar with a massive venture between PROBIZ Sports and an oil and gas-based conglomerate with a 12-15 year deal." Link here

Seems quite keen on chatting on forums if it is him, hopefully he will appear on here

This from Castleford site http://www.invinta.com/casforum/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19149&sid=ade2f3f4ec9c9d19b449ffa9ec0cdc01

Guest Norbert

So he may be a middleman for some middle eastern types? Jesus, I'm glad I'm not in this entranpuer gig, as I'd not know who I'm ultimately talking to. I could be doing a deal with some Gaddafi type without really knowing it!

So he may be a middleman for some middle eastern types? Jesus, I'm glad I'm not in this entranpuer gig, as I'd not know who I'm ultimately talking to. I could be doing a deal with some Gaddafi type without really knowing it!

Think positive we could be the first club with access to a nuclear arsenal ! better than chickens ? :)

Guest Norbert

A pre-season trip to Saudi Arabia does not excite me. I hate hot weather for a start. Mind you, knowing our luck we'd be playing a game in Pyongyang justy after an 'incident' between the two Koreas ;).

They look dodgy as hell to me, any company of any size can put an impressive website together these days, full of all kinds of boasts and exaggerations but little substance in regard to there actual day to day business activities,

Also prior to his company name going on the shirt had ANYBODY ever heard of this multi-millionaire 'life long rovers fan' before or had any dealings with him?

In saying that the more I think about it the more likely it is to be true and Venkys will sell to him just as a final insult(they seem the vindictive types)

or

he could be the elusive knight in shining Armour we've all been praying for!

(sadly, its just hard to trust anything that goes on behind the scenes at rovers or football clubs in general anymore)

Guest Norbert

Doubt it. Wasn't that where that Bangkok Rover set out on some optimistic quest to get someone to buy out W_nky's?

Also prior to his company name going on the shirt had ANYBODY ever heard of this multi-millionaire 'life long rovers fan' before or had any dealings with him?

I've just searched Probiz as if I was to provide some funding facilities for them (I'm a finance broker)...They wouldn't get finance for a Citroen C1 never mind a football club like ours...shyte company, crap results and performance over the last 3 years, no capital, no money in the bank, dodgy director with 5-6 businesses that have been liquidated or closed down......there's nothing at all to suggest that this faisal is nothing more than a chancer and a skint one at that.....he couldn't fund a bag of chips.

Archived