BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover

Looks like decision was made between Shebby and Owners. If true, then we all know who is back incharge! Ridiculous.

Until the in-fighting, boardroom politics and two sides start to work together, we are not going to move forwards.

Singh or Shagnew has to go (or both).

Venkys get down on your knees, apologise and beg John Williams to come back. Either that or give the club to the Rovers Trust and leave.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's damaging to Appleton, and I hope it feels like it's the worst day he has ever had. ;-)

Not sure how much sympathy he deserves from yourselves or the wider football community, how long had he been at Blackpool when he jumped ship? Should you expect patience or loyalty if you don't show any?

Until the in-fighting, boardroom politics and two sides start to work together, we are not going to move forwards.

Singh or Shagnew has to go (or both).

Venkys get down on your knees, apologise and beg John Williams to come back. Either that or give the club to the Rovers Trust and leave.

All three please, but why the shift in the owners trusted ones , Agnew and Shaw seemed to have won the war, as something come to light to discredit them? Was the circumstances of the Appleton appointment not as it seemed ? and despite what others have said Singh could not have took this decision on his own, so which owner rubber stamped wielding the axe?

Will those pesky supporters ever know the truth ? tune in for next weeks episode of how not to run a football club

Appleton wasn't the best appointment in the world but why sack him? so they can make another shocking appointment?

You know as well as I do Simon that you get nowhere changing your manager week in week out, we should be sacking the idiots that appoint these managers in the first place not the managers themselves.

I have a feeling Appleton has told these idiots whats what and they've sacked him, here's hoping.

Just had a text from a fellow Rover, all it said:

EMBARRASSING

You get nowhere from making the wrong appointment hen leaving them in charge too long either GAV. As we saw with Kean.

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover

Looks like decision was made between Shebby and Owners. If true, then we all know who is back incharge! Ridiculous.

If Shebby is having a say and wants his "new Mourinho" then surely Adkins is the only choice?

He's been promoted four times in his career and Southampton were comfortably holding their own in the Premier League. Not a blot on the man's CV that I can see.

IMO, there is a bigger story behind all of this.

You have to put 2+2 together any you will probably come up with something in the range of 3.9 and 4.1.

I said on this MB on Sunday that there was a lot of whispering going on on at Ewood on Sunday and something was afoot.

I was told that Tuesday (today) would be a key day but did not expect it to be the sacking of Appleton and staff.

I think this is step 1 in a plan and if I am correct, it will be an embarrassment for our once proud club.

Looking at the fixture list - since Arsenal win - two draws, six defeats in the last eight matches. Combined with further declines in attendances - and some very poor football being played. Still think it was a bit soon - but considering under Bowyer we got 3 wins and a draw with much the same players - I can appreciate why the owners were worried.

Spot on. It wasn't just the owners starting to worry. Poor performances, poor results, poor formations, poor tactics, poor football, falling league position. Shocking tactical error going to 4-4-2 after the Arsenal game as proven.

No-one wanted a revolving door managerial policy, but equally MA should never have been appointed in the first place. Remain reactive and compound the error as we did with the classless moron, or make a proactive decision based on what we have witnessed of late?

If Shebby is having a say and wants his "new Mourinho" then surely Adkins is the only choice?

He's been promoted four times in his career and Southampton were comfortably holding their own in the Premier League. Not a blot on the man's CV that I can see.

And he has hair

Why the @#/? does Alan Shearer keep entering the betting when we are looking for a new manager??? A. he doesn't have it in him and B. He'd never be so stupid to throw his hat in with these owners.

Best option is Mark Hughes on a short 2 month contract with a very large carrot to keep us up. If not him then Adkins or McDermott. I'd not expect any of them to throw their hat in full time of course but who could resist what should really be a chance of quick easy money?

It's turning in to a very Italian style shotgun approach to hiring/firing managers at Rovers now. You're fired as soon as the team does badly, meaning no form dips are allowed ever.... Difficult circumstances to work in for any person

Or I wonder if it came to a head because he played Dunny for the last 2 games when he was on the Darklords no play list?

I thought this last night after reading Dunn's comment in the LET re: should have been playing but politics etc... do you think he had to play 'x' games to gain new contract extension and Appleton has handed then to him ala Salgado / Formica etc. Venkys are clueless it should be them out although from a footballing point of view (ignoring timing issue) I had lost faith in Appleton tactics and signings baring Jones they have all been useless.

This is not a football club anymore, it is a children's playground spat between Shebby Singh and Shaw & Agnew that is destroying any trace of BRFC being a football club....

Bowyer will get my support, as the last 2 guys did, he is a really nice guy in football, and there are not many left at Rovers. I suspect he will revert to Rhodes up top on his own with Dunny or someone supporting him.

I doubt the Shagnew twins ever had any power.

They are just their because the club has to have people in these positions or fall foul of the never enforced FA regs. They probably had to re-enforce this on their trip to Pune and so kept there jobs. Forget these two - they're just in the club in name only.

You get nowhere from making the wrong appointment hen leaving them in charge too long either GAV. As we saw with Kean.

....and making the wrong appointment will continue to happen until the people doing the appointing are sacked, so this will run and run and run and run Rev

Appleton should have been given a pre-season with his own players being brought in and then judged, but sadly Singh, Agnew and Shaw are playing with the club, playing with peoples lives and this is the outcome.

We had the right appointment with Sam until the clowns in Pune decided otherwise. Do you really believe these people are capable of running this club or making the right appointment? With Shebby at the helm why should we think that the next guy will be any better? The club has become nothing but a laughing stock since the Pune mob arrived and circus shows no signs of ending anytime soon. At least there will be one or two new grounds to visit in League One.

IMO, there is a bigger story behind all of this.

You have to put 2+2 together any you will probably come up with something in the range of 3.9 and 4.1.

I said on this MB on Sunday that there was a lot of whispering going on on at Ewood on Sunday and something was afoot.

I was told that Tuesday (today) would be a key day but did not expect it to be the sacking of Appleton and staff.

I think this is step 1 in a plan and if I am correct, it will be an embarrassment for our once proud club.

Okay whats the deal, stop the carrot dangling

For weeks fans (in the main on all social media) have been complaining about his comments, demeanour, tactics and results, but now he's gone he suddenly could have been the next big thing??

It's only the same as the Allardyce sacking then, in that respect.

Archived