BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

Good question, but with Seneca leading it, you would have to say that they would be worthy of a higher confidence level from the community than a Venkys-led Probiz consortium, wouldn't you say?

Why? Looking at both set of financials relating to the 2 businesses, I would say that Probiz looks the stronger business. Seneca are operating as a negative net worth business. I'm suprised that the Trust finds Seneca as a good partner....the business is a loss making business....why would they be fit for a potential takeover of our club.?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question, but with Seneca leading it, you would have to say that they would be worthy of a higher confidence level from the community than a Venkys-led Probiz consortium, wouldn't you say?

>Why? Looking at both set of financials relating to the 2 businesses, I would say that Probiz looks the stronger business. Seneca are operating as a negative net worth business. I'm suprised that the Trust finds Seneca as a good partner....the business is a loss making business....why would they be fit for a potential takeover of our club.?

You and I both know it isn't just about money, sir. If it was Venkys would be model owners.

Guest Norbert

Do they though? And what likelyhood they are taking money out of the club, and letting it die after their catastrophic mismanagement?

so, just because they aren't Venkys and one of the directors is a rovers fan,. Great pedigree for owning a football club....I'd rather stick with Venkys mate...at least they have a pot to @#/? in..

So you are of the opinion that they have a net negative cash-flow of their own money during the time they have owned the club? Can you please specify the ins and outs of that assumption using the financial data available to you, I would like to be enlightened, and will humbly stand corrected if I am indeed proven wrong.

I am not pro-venkys at all, but it seems that all the excitement about Seneca fronting a takeover is stupid considering how they currently run their own business. I'd much prefer to see the Trust engaging with successful partners.

Eh? Seneca not successful?

You nuts?

So you are of the opinion that they have a net negative cash-flow of their own money during the time they have owned the club? Can you please specify the ins and outs of that assumption using the financial data available to you, I would like to be enlightened, and will humbly stand corrected if I am indeed proven wrong.

didn't say that my friend, I just pointed out that seneca are making less money than me.

I am not pro-venkys at all, but it seems that all the excitement about Seneca fronting a takeover is stupid considering how they currently run their own business. I'd much prefer to see the Trust engaging with successful partners.

Can you please enlighten us as to how you believe they run their business?

There is one thing that has been bugging me for a while. Liverpool's board managed to force through a sale to rid themselves of Hicks and Gillett as owners.

Liverpool's situation was different in that Hicks and Gillett were seeking buyers for the club but didn't want to accept NESV's low offer. The board however did accept the offer and despite Hicks and Gillett trying to use the law to stop the sale - Liverpool's board got their way.

I am not privvy to all the finer points of our current boards power to do the same. But, say a group/individual/consortium wanted to buy Rovers and submitted an offer to the board - could Shaw, Agnew, Coar and Silk force a sale?

Or (as I suspect is the case) have Venkys got things sewn up so tightly that we are screwed until they decide to sell up/fold the club?

#clutchingatstraws

My very limited understanding is this:

Liverpool under Hicks and Gillett owed money to RBS and RBS (in conjunction with the other directors) leveraged this debt to force through a sales to Fenway.

If Venkys still had a credit arrangement with Barclays then this scenario may have been possible, I guess this is one of the reasons Venkys moved their credit facility over to India.

at a loss

And do you know how many related companies they have? Or if this looked at in isolation does not tell the whole story? Could it be that the loss shown is the result of prudent tax planning, dividend distributions, etc? Did you have a look at the bottom of the profit and loss account and call it a day?

I haven't had a look at their accounts, and I am not claiming to know how they run their business(es) but if you know enough to read a profit and loss statement you should know enough to know it doesn't tell the whole story either.

My only point is that you shouldn't insinuate they don't have any money and they don't know how to run their own business(es) when you don't even know how they do run it (them)

I do find it strange that Jacks daughter has remained quiet.. I presume she was part of the Walker trust, she was always a big Rovers fan, strong willed (I remember she kicked up a fuss back in the time when Hughes was manager and Parkes was fired) and not one of your Daddys little rich kids (my mum knew the family very well back in the 70s).

To be frank though I would actually hire a Monkeys left testicle over the comedy team we have these days.

from a funding point of view and I am a finance broker, looking at their latest set of abbreviated accounts, they have a negative net worth. Just on that point alone seems enough for me to think they wouldn't be ideal owners of our club.....if you think that a negative net worth is fine, good for you, but I was brought up to belive turnover vanity, profit sanity.

I do find it strange that Jacks daughter has remained quiet.. I presume she was part of the Walker trust, she was always a big Rovers fan, strong willed (I remember she kicked up a fuss back in the time when Hughes was manager and Parkes was fired) and not one of your Daddys little rich kids (my mum knew the family very well back in the 70s).

To be frank though I would actually hire a Monkeys left testicle over the comedy team we have these days.

Is that the one married to Richard Matthewman?

from a funding point of view and I am a finance broker, looking at their latest set of abbreviated accounts, they have a negative net worth. Just on that point alone seems enough for me to think they wouldn't be ideal owners of our club.....if you think that a negative net worth is fine, good for you, but I was brought up to belive turnover vanity, profit sanity.

Listen, like I said, I haven't looked at Seneca's accounts, so I can't comment - but I am certain that they have other companies, and looking at those in isolation is not a fair take. I of course would be happy to put up my hands and say I am wrong if I am!

If she was always a big Rovers fan and as strong willed as you state, surely she would have been up in arms with the trustees when she found out from her husband who was on the Board at the time, that they intended going against her father's wishes?

Or then again, perhaps it is not quite so strange that she has (or her family, or relations, or the trustees) remained quiet!

Common sense decision making and stability at the club is all we ask for.A chance for this once great club to regain its long lost pride instead of being the easy target for ridicule from the national media and other football fans (this hurts the most)

The club nor fans deserve what the hated Rao's have done...damn the lot of them!

If she was always a big Rovers fan and as strong willed as you state, surely she would have been up in arms with the trustees when she found out from her husband who was on the Board at the time, that they intended going against her father's wishes?

Or then again, perhaps it is not quite so strange that she has (or her family, or relations, or the trustees) remained quiet!

Yep thats the weirdest part... I just don't have a clue as to why she has stayed so silent.

Is that the one married to Richard Matthewman?

Yep Linda Mathewman she was daddys little girl if you kind of get what I mean.

Don't think that's right. From memory, Jack has a son from his second marriage Russ or Ross and an older stepson or adopted son from his first Howard.

Fred has a son Charles and 2 daughters Caroline and Jackie. I vaguely know Howard, Russ, Caroline and Jackie. All lovely people. Never met Charles.

None of them have any particular interest in football at all as far as I'm aware apart from Howard who used to attend matches on a regular basis.

Yep thats the weirdest part... I just don't have a clue as to why she has stayed so silent.

Yep Linda Mathewman she was daddys little girl if you kind of get what I mean.

Oops yes, the names Richard and Linda Matthewman popped into my head as soon as I sent the other post. Scrub the above.

Terifically nice couple and of course Richard was on the Board until very recently.

Kamy has just tweeted that he's off to a very important meeting. The last time he tweeted something like that, it later transpired he was referring to the Qatari's and their attempted buy out of Rovers.

I'm sure all will become clear in time.

Archived