BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

the only fair way to voice our anger is a mass stay in protest at the end of the game.Its the most logical time and choice to satisfy everyone for , or against?

Been done. Simplest tactic to defeat that is for Shagnew to pump up the volume.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only fair way to voice our anger is a mass stay in protest at the end of the game.Its the most logical time and choice to satisfy everyone for , or against?

OK but we need big publicity on this otherwise there will be a couple of hundred protesters and the media will dismiss it.

i have been on protest marches , bought my yellow and black scarf chanted for change before during and after matches and nothing worked , if you cast you mind back the only thing which looked like Venky's would take notice is when an appeal was threatened in the LT for fans not to go the game, and iirc Kean was gone before that next home game

No shows would be the best way to get rid of them.

It's up for debate as to whether to support this though given the diverse range of results this could lead to and the long term future, but it would certainly be the most effective way if you were looking to achieve that goal alone.

Not so happy now eh? Mixing with the cowards as well!

OK but we need big publicity on this otherwise there will be a couple of hundred protesters and the media will dismiss it.

correct...if EVERYBODY stays behind it will work and media pressure will hurt venkys worldwide !

Not so happy now eh? Mixing with the cowards as well!

the cowards will be at home next Friday bird brain

only 200 at most stayed behind last time.If the whole ground stays it will work and all the media will be behind us cause its being done at the right time which won't affect the players during the game.

It still won't affect them worldwide.

Guest Norbert

Trouble is OJ, the keanheads will think we're being serious.

Another issue is there are so many targets for our anger, Venky's, Shebby, Shagnew, the tantric dancer......we're spoilt for choice.

2 mins of sarcastic clapping and cheering at the start of the game, a minute for each years of ownership.

Not a good idea. I doubt they "do" sarcasm. They'll probably play "You Love Us" over the PA by Manic Street Preachers at the same time.

We should all paint our arses blue n white, with Venky's on the left and ut on the right, then drop our kegs in unison, that'd work.

I'm guessing you left the 'o' out on purpose and that you're expecting us to bend all the way over so it makes sense?

No protests will work. Venkys have had their name dragged through the mud for two years and look at the difference it has made. We are stuck with Venkyitis and it is a terminal disease. We just need to make sure we are all still there to pick up the pieces when this reaches it's inevitable conclusion.

• Moderation Lead

It just wouldn't work. Shagnew and Shebby are well aware of the hatred that exists within the fanbase for them, the punatics simply don't care.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think all support should go to Bowyer and the team now. If we go down to League One that might be all she wrote for the club, and begin a terminal decline. If we stay in the Championship there's a brief hope, assuming Venky's sell in the summer, that we can pull out of this tailspin. I don't think screaming our hatred of Venky's/Shagnew/Shebby etc will have any positive impact in any way so it's probably not worth doing at this moment in time.

+1

There certainly has to be a BIG statement of some sort, bigger than anything that has gone before.

Mass boycott? No-one in the ground? Fans on the pitch?

Everyone has been doing what they feel is right (attending/ not attending) - but surely people realise now that whatever happens on the pitch we are in terminal decline with Venky's at the helm. The problem is not going to ever go away as long as they are here.

The Good Friday game would seem ideal to do something, we all just need to put our heads together and agree on what.

Archived