BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

For now staying up IS more important and if you think showing our disgust comes first v Blackpool then we're foooooooked

We are fooooooked anyway. But let's wait till the end of the season to show our feelings when there's nowhere to do it and no-one to see it. Brillient!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are fooooooked anyway. But let's wait till the end of the season to show our feelings when there's nowhere to do it and no-one to see it. Brillient!

as I've already previously stated, a protest (mass) at the end of the game is best do as not to affect the teams performance!..and yes we are foooked but not as foooooooked if we are relegated!.

If Venkys stay we'll be relegated next year instead. The idea that things can somehow improve under their ownership is utter delusion.

If I thought another relegation would finally persuade them to call it a day, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Whats the point in protesting right after they've done something good? Appleton was a rubbish manager, just like Berg. We should have protested when he was appointed, not because he's been fired. This is exactly what the fans did with Berg, and then Bowyer went and won the next 3 games. The best times to protest this season have been:

1. 1st game when Kean was kept on.

2. Berg's first game in charge.

3. Appleton's first game in charge.

Instead its been:

1. When Kean had us 2nd.

2. When Berg got sacked.

3. Now Appleton's been sacked.

Makes no sense. If fans were holding off protesting against the appointment of Berg and Appleton because they didn't want to undermine them, then the same should apply to Bowyer. He's got a better chance of taking us somewhere than those 2 ever did.

I agree with 47er I'd take an instant drop to league 2 right now if it meant us seeing the back of these lunatics. It's a horrible situation, I'm watching the club die slowly of cancer. They will never reverse the damage and the time for protests is over as we already have national media attention - I honestly can't see what it will acheive. Venkys, in the name of all that's good go now then at least we can start the long road back to where we once were.

If Venkys stay we'll be relegated next year instead. The idea that things can somehow improve under their ownership is utter delusion.

If I thought another relegation would finally persuade them to call it a day, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

ever been to Carlisle , Swindon etc?i have and don't want to go again so that's why il be supporting my team next fri and will voice my anger after the games finished!.If your not gonna support the team then go fishing instead.

How about as the teams walk onto the pitch. Everyone stands up and turns the back to the pitch and in total silence. If a whole stand is stood up facing the wrong direction and not a sound coming from the stands, I am sure that would get into the news at some level.

Nobody has to invade the pitch

Nobody will be arrested

Nobody will get hurt including fans, players or stewards.

We don't have to shout abuse and get classed as thugs. Sometimes silence is deafening.

The board, owners and every brfc staff member know how we feel already.

Manky organized protests full of kids and pished up trouble makers just getting of on the frill of it all just undermimes everything and just gives the media an opportunity to get some controversial photos making the fans look like northern backwards trash.

You can't organise protests, they'll likely happen anyway. It's got to the point with me, that there's no other option - if you don't want to see the continuation of this rape, then don't buy a ST next season. No ST sales, no Venky's. They would have no other option to get out of the club.

For me protests and chants during the game need to move onto the FA and League structure not being Fit For Purpose.

That's a decent shout. It's a fresh angle (from inside the ground) and might cause a bit of a stir and some reaction.

Not sure how much people can really do though. They bought the club, passed the tests and now it's there's. I guess you could hope for some pressure to be put on them to sell, but then who cares enough about us outside of this town?

You can't organise protests, they'll likely happen anyway. It's got to the point with me, that there's no other option - if you don't want to see the continuation of this rape, then don't buy a ST next season. No ST sales, no Venky's. They would have no other option to get out of the club.

I agree entirely with this Den. No (or very few) season ticket sales, no merchandise, no food and drink will do more damage that any protests or banners could ever do. The various suporter groups could try and come together for once and issue a terse statement to the effect of advising all supporters not ot spend any money at all.

Natural selection now for the Blackburn public.

Do they wish to spend their time and money watching a team thats almost incapable of scoring goals and then scream at someone who isnt there and doesnt seem to care what they think however loud or big a group they maybe.

Do they wish to spend their time and money watching a team thats almost incapable of scoring goals and then scream at someone who isnt there and doesnt seem to care what they think however loud or big a group they maybe.

Only the second part of the question (without a question mark) applies to most I'm guessing. Many have watched Rovers when they've played badly on the field and it's not wavered their support. It's off the field that's the problem. I can tolerate a period of shoddy performances, after all, I'm still attending now.

I'm not happy with how we are being run but Blackpool is a massive game for us. We have to win. If we were relegated to league 1 there probably will be no way back. Now isn't the time for protests no matter how much we hate how we are being run.

Bowyer deserves a bit of support and we shouldn't try to undermine that.

For me protests and chants during the game need to move onto the FA and League structure not being Fit For Purpose.

you could be on to something there , 500 fans protesting at Ewood wont raise an eyebrow , 500 protesting outside Lancaster Gate or wherever the FA live these days certainly will

try this

also get as many fans as you can to buy a whistle and blow them throughout the match even if only a few hundred do this it will make refereeing the game a nightmare and WILL get you TV coverage as the game will probably have to be halted several times

The ONLY, ONLY, ONLY way Venkys will care is if no one buys a ticket and no one goes to the game. Protests did nothing against Kean. Don't be confused for one moment that Venkys got rid of him because of protests. You can have 80,000 fans screaming abuse at them, they'll still say it's a minority. But when it becomes clear that they have lost total financial contribution from the fans and they can't pay for expenses anymore, then they'll see that we won't stand for this.

Total BOYCOTT is what's needed.

Archived