SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Why is Silvester going?

I thought it had been posted on here that he was working his notice.

Is he working his notice or not?

I may be wrong- but I think it was Karen Silk working her notice...

If they never sack people face to face this must be bad news. Agnew will probably take his Mrs and persuade them to keep him on. There will be no statement apart from one in July to say that the transition period is coming to an end.

I wonder who's in charge of season tickets for next year because whoever it is should be getting a brown envelope for forgetting to put them on sale.

Shaw and Slivester are going over to meet the owners then they arent being sacked then..

Venkys dont do face to face sackings.

so can only think they are meeting to discuss the Berg contract and the future manager situation.

Told you no season tickets .. £10 a game sit anywhere.

You nicked that idea off me !

Plenty of room next season and would make a nice change for many, who have had the same seat for years.

Gets a bit boring after a while !

Might be a few punch-ups though.

Yes i'd rather be at the face to face meeting than waiting for the brown envelope at Ewood...

Have a feeling brown envelopes have featured a lot since just before and post takeover, but I bet the recipients were looking forward to theirs arriving, obviously not including the ones from Saint Tantrics legal team.

ALAN MYERS ‏@ALANMYERS1 2m

#brfc Still very much a family club watch SSN in the next 15 minutes lovely story

Really good and heart warming story on SSN. This is what our club used to be like BV. I can't help thinking that Gary Bowyer had a lot to do with this.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/miles-of-smiles-for-joseph-805159.aspx

If Agnew and or Shaw had owt to do with this, I'll eat my hat.

do you want salt N pepper on that?

As cynical as it sounds, id imagine they would be 100% behind that, its exactly the kind of thing that would get them in the good books again with soft touch Mrs.D, etc...(though sadly she seems to have no empathy at all for the fans in general)

but stuff them two goons, the lad totally deserves the treat, good on him.

• Moderation Lead

do you want salt N pepper on that?

(as cynical as it sounds, id imagine they would be 100% behind that, its exactly the kind of thing that would get them in the good books again with Mrs.D, etc...)

but stuff them two goons, the lad totally deserves the treat, good on him.

It's a nice gesture, but my guess is that Bowyer is behind it.

If Agnew and Shaw had been behind it, do you think they'd have turned down the opportunity to get their faces on the telly?

;)

I'd stake good money that Agnew is behind it appearing on Sky etc. Publicity - it's what an Operations Director does dontcha know.

You are probably right. The cynic in me also believes that if all the recent bad press hadn't occurred nor would this, strikes me as somewhat of a coincidence that they have been plastered all over the papers, shown up as incompetents and worse and voila, a story to touch the heart all just a little to convenient.

Cynic aside, I am pleased for the lad.

I agree. Must be tough for the lad. His reward is definitely well earned.

Just not sure what it has to do with Shagnew.

You are probably right. The cynic in me also believes that if all the recent bad press hadn't occurred nor would this, strikes me as somewhat of a coincidence that they have been plastered all over the papers, shown up as incompetents and worse and voila, a story to touch the heart all just a little to convenient.

It's possible that its been planned for a while and the club were waiting until we were safe so a less vital training session could be put to one side so the lad could enjoy his day.

Archived