BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Blackpool **Updated with Colourful Graphs!*

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice preview, I'm quite looking forward to this one, we desperately need the points and last time round the players delivered for Bowyer. I just hope that the the squad we have now after departures and injuries can put in performance and get Bowyer off to a winning start.

Was it Emerton who scored that last minute winner at Bloomfield Road? When we became the first away team to win there in the Prem.

Indeed it was, in injury time. Enjoyed it more than the Charlie Adam own goal.

• Moderation Lead

Indeed it was, in injury time. Enjoyed it more than the Charlie Adam own goal.

I recall it well, didn't think that temporary away stand was going to hold!!!

A very honest preview Rog - and a good read. Cheers!

Here's hoping the googley-eyed one doesn't, y 'know, leave Ewood with that dumb grin on his face.

Here's hoping too for 3 points and something to smile about.

Remember as a nine year old in 1959 playing Blackpool on Christmas Day at home ( we won 1-0) with the return fixture on Boxing Day (we lost 1-0).

Those were the days of sensible local derby fixtures at holiday times which only entailed relatively short journeys for the fans. We obviously mattered to the authorities back then. It didn't last. By 1961 we were away at West Ham on Boxing Day.

Great preview rog by the way.

Thanks for the preview. Another interesting week indeed! Big game, no idea what will happen, see how the week shapes up.

I would be wary of the 'conning' reference in the preview.

Haha I thought of that, I only used the common Christian name Jerome, you can assume the rest! ;)

Great preview Rog. Sorry, I didn't read it properly earlier today, you'd already made the point about Dunny being "rested" or "injured".

Get the points we need to stay up ASAP then a total boycott for me, an empty ground. Give them a taste of next season.

Remember as a nine year old in 1959 playing Blackpool on Christmas Day at home ( we won 1-0) with the return fixture on Boxing Day (we lost 1-0).

Those were the days of sensible local derby fixtures at holiday times which only entailed relatively short journeys for the fans. We obviously mattered to the authorities back then. It didn't last. By 1961 we were away at West Ham on Boxing Day.

Great preview rog by the way.

I was at that game! Didn't Blackpool have a player with a religious bent who wouldn't turn out or was that Good Friday?

Lose this and we will Propably be relegated.Win this and were above Zak and co.EVERYONE must create an atmosphere to help the lads and believe dunny, it does help!.Not interested in any off the field probs cause its imperative we stay in this league!.Oh I nearly forgot, has anyone seen Dingles last eight games?.......it will lift your spirits!.Come on everyone lets roar the lads on!.

I'm far more enthusiastic about this fixture than I would have been had Appleton still been in charge.

I think we need to shake things up a bit. Not sure who's injured who's not and If we could recall Rochina I'd do that and play him behind Rhodes. Possibly also Nunes in place of the ineffective King/Stewart. If we can't recall Rochina,

Kean

Henley Dann Hanley Martin Olsson

Williamson/Murphy

Dunn Jones Nunes

Gomes

Rhodes

I'm far more enthusiastic about this fixture than I would have been had Appleton still been in charge.

I think we need to shake things up a bit. Not sure who's injured who's not and If we could recall Rochina I'd do that and play him behind Rhodes. Possibly also Nunes in place of the ineffective King/Stewart. If we can't recall Rochina,

Kean

Henley Dann Hanley Martin Olsson

Williamson/Murphy

Dunn Jones Nunes

Gomes

Rhodes

williamson and Henley out for season!

Williamson was a sub in the last game.

Kean

Orr Dann Hanley Givet

Murphy Jones

King Dunn Mn Olsson

Rhodes

With maybe Williamson instead of Murphy, Kane if Orr is out, and if Bentley and/or Kazim are available, I would drop Givet and move Olsson back.

We should look to ask the midfield to ask the ball from the defence and give options, we should look to use the pace out wide, and play through balls to Rhodes, or crosses from wide positions. Forget the long balls as that team is suited to playing on the deck.

williamson and Henley out for season!

Right. On Williamson I was only going off what one poster said about him being available on another thread.

In that case Lowe at RB and I'd be reasonably happy with a midfield 3 of Dunn/Murphy/Jones with Nunes out wide.

My main dilemma would centre around whether it was worth persevering with Best and Rhodes up top. If Rochina was available I'd definitely play him behind Rhodes. If not I'd almost be in a coin flip situation as to whether to go Best/ Rhodes or Rhodes with Gomes behind. I think I might start with Gomes and bring on Best fairly quickly if it was clear that was not working.

Archived