BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Blackpool **Updated with Colourful Graphs!*

Saying what? "We still can't beat you despite the mess you're in"?

You'd think they'd have learnt after their plane in the Wigan game last season received ZERO coverage whilst the chicken received loads.

Something hilarious about that clown who applied for the job and supposedly got an interview in their simple little world I think

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at that game! Didn't Blackpool have a player with a religious bent who wouldn't turn out or was that Good Friday?

Yes; 47er. They had a wing half/inside forward [scuse the old-fashioned terms!] called David Durie whose Christian principles wouldn't allow him to "work" on either Christmas Day [games on that day were quite common up until the 1960s, if I remember] or Good Friday. I was born in Blackpool and went to school with a load of Blackpool fans so, in a way, they're sort-of my "Burnley", if you know what I mean.

Despite that, I can summon up no enthusiasm for going to this game because of the mood which I'm sure most of us must have about the club at present, which Rog has captured so well in his preview. The club feels, more than at any time since the Trust sold us, completely directionless.

I honestly haven't a clue how the game will go; I just hope we don't lose [as much because of the fear I have that the "meeja" will have a real go at us for sacking Ince prematurely if we do].

Anyone got an feelings on what the attendance will be? Surely Blackpool will bring enough to cover the Rovers fallers to keep it at 13K

doesnt matter how many will be there as long as they cheer the team on to victory!.In my opinion there should be 14 k home and about 3k from Blackpool, not that it's any interest of yours seeing as you will be at home hoping we get beat to fuel your regular rants at anything to do with the club. :-) :-)

Anyone got an feelings on what the attendance will be? Surely Blackpool will bring enough to cover the Rovers fallers to keep it at 13K

Season ticket sales mean the attendance will always be around 13K even if nobody turned up. With Blackpool fans I would think the 'official' attendance will be around 14K. However, how many are actually in the ground might well be a different matter.

doesnt matter how many will be there as long as they cheer the team on to victory!.In my opinion there should be 14 k home and about 3k from Blackpool, not that it's any interest of yours seeing as you will be at home hoping we get beat to fuel your regular rants at anything to do with the club. :-) :-)

We'll not be going, we've had enough of those idiots that run the club impacting on our lives, ruining not only Saturday afternoons but most weekdays too as another news story breaks, so they can get keaned :angry2:

17,000 my @rse.....unless Agnew is doing the counting: "5 for you, and 1 for me..... repeat, repeat, repeat"

• Backroom

will it upset you if 14 k turn up cause you were hoping there would be less to make you feel better?

Will you stop rambling on about stuff? Constantly trying to get the last word in got me a swift ban a couple of years ago, so tread carefully. Keep debates friendly; you seem to make them very personal, very quickly.

Will you stop rambling on about stuff? Constantly trying to get the last word in got me a swift ban a couple of years ago, so tread carefully. Keep debates friendly; you seem to make them very personal, very quickly.

i am simply responding to someone predicting 'gloom' a low attendance and I have the last word if I think it's neccessary to people having a go at me unless its something negative.By the way please take a look on page 10 protest Good Friday topic and in particular blue and whites disgusting rant at davi Dunn for trying to get the fans to back the team!.How anyone can say that is acceptable is beyond me.You will notice that anyone who dares to be positive in any form or shape is quickly dealt with,with childish comments from the same group of posters who incidentally don't attend ewood anymore.

• Moderation Lead

i am simply responding to someone predicting 'gloom' a low attendance and I have the last word if I think it's neccessary to people having a go at me unless its something negative.By the way please take a look on page 10 protest Good Friday topic and in particular blue and whites disgusting rant at davi Dunn for trying to get the fans to back the team!.How anyone can say that is acceptable is beyond me.You will notice that anyone who dares to be positive in any form or shape is quickly dealt with,with childish comments from the same group of posters who incidentally don't attend ewood anymore.

This man is a bad troll, and doesn't need feeding.

At any rate, he attendance will probably be circa 15k, much depends on how many Blackpool bring, not sure if they've been allocated the whole DE, or just three quarters,

"can't be arsed m'lord, can't be assed, can't be assed m'lord can't be assed, can't be assed m'lord, can't be assed, oh lord can't be assed".

Has a certain ironic ring to it don't you think? Hope I don't have to start singing this at the players on Good Friday!

Blackpool won't bring a massive following i don't think. Somewhere between 2/3k although it being a bank holiday and they will sniff a win i could be wrong but i'll say two and a half thousand from them plus a few extra home fans because of the holiday, balanced out by loads of season ticket holders staying away to do something else with their time.

Rovers 1 - Blackpool 3

Massive ask for Bowyer this time around.

Edit: As of last monday 18th they had sold almost 2k so they could well bring 3/4 thousand.

Result same !

• Backroom

He's allowed his opinion. If you disagree then do so constructively (given this is coming from me, I'm sure the admin are LOLing atmo). Quite frankly, after Dunn told the fans to lay off Kean I'm surprised that so many (myself included tbh) have been so quick to like him again.

I notice that anyone who is irrationally positive is initially told they are disagreed with. If that continues into quite personal stuff (cowards, etc) THEN you get dealt with with EQUALLY childish comments. Quite why their attendance matters is beyond me. The only thing attending gives you an advantage with (in terms of opinion) his how the team performed.

ANYWAY:

Rovers vs Blackpool.....I predict a draw or loss (because it's Ince, it feels inevitable).

Also got a bad feeling about this with Ince he'd love to shove it up US

But hope GB can give us something to cheer about even though this time round with poorer players at Garys disposal and more difficult opposition

Last time Barnsley Bristol City + Forest all sacked their managers shortly afterwards in the case of Barnsley straight after the game finished

GB is going to need support and perhaps a bit of luck but at the same time venue and Shebby need to get it with both barrels

Anyone know how and who will create the chances for Rovers ?

The crowd certainly wont be able to do it, so who in the Rovers team of eleven, plus three, will be capable of providing the entertainment?

Archived