BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Blackpool **Updated with Colourful Graphs!*

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Blackpool fans I know are disappointed we got rid of Appleton - they thought they had a far better chance with him in charge - they are now worried about the new manager effect with Bowyer in charge. Lets hope injured players get fit - and we win this one - huge match which could decide if one (or both) teams get relegated. Given both teams matches on Monday - the loser of this match could find themselves in the bottom three by Monday tea time.

Most Blackpool fans I know are disappointed we got rid of Appleton - they thought they had a far better chance with him in charge - they are now worried about the new manager effect with Bowyer in charge.

Precisely. The biggest obstacle to winning on friday looks very much like being our fans, and their refusal to show the slightest positivity/patience or get behind Bowyer and the players. Regardless of whatever else has happened this season, sacking Appleton was an improvement. Its about time it was acknowledged as such instead of the efforts to create a catastrophe we're getting instead. The melodramatic whinging about who's going to create a chance is a prime example, we scored 9 goals in 4 games under Bowyer last time for god's sake.

Nobody is writing Best off after 45 minutes I am just stating the evidence of my own eyes which is clear at the moment Best is not up to speed to be considered to be No1 striker thats why he was subbed.Our need is now and he needs to be fitter after such a long lay off before any judgement can be made on his capabilities.

So to call for him to be considered to be first choice striker over the other strikers at the club is not based on the his performances

to date few as they are.

As of yesterday Blackpool had 120 tickets left for sale although my Blackpool supporting colleague didn't know what their original allocation was.

All remaining tickets for Blackpool's away game at Blackburn Rovers on Easter Friday have now been sold.
Supporters can, however, still pay on the day at the Bryan Douglas Darwen End ticket office.

Interesting how quickly things cleared up after Appleton's departure, coincidence surely aided with the extra time off. Hoping for a big 3-0 win with the Blackburn End in full voice "Are you watching Appleton". So it will probably be 0-2.

We have sold the initial allocation of 3300, it is also POTG, so expect anything up to 4000. Should create a good atmosphere and hopefully a good game.

Great turnout fair play to Bpool fans they definitely sniff a win!! Dread to think what our actual turnout will be, as for the atmosphere :(

Got tickets for me & the little 'un online yesterday - still plenty available in the BBE (I didn't look at any other areas but assume that there's not been a mad rush to fill the JW or Riverside!). At this rate they'll be outnumbering us! Now that really would be embarassing. Heres hoping for a few last minute walk-ons with it being the bank hol.

As much as I hate Venky's I couldn't resist taking up one of the rare opportunities I get to attend a game, especially a local derby. I guess it's just in my blood & for that I make no apology.

Every time I've taken my daughter we've won (3 out of 3 - attended her first game this season) so hoping for her lucky charm streak to continue. Going for 2-1 Rovers with us hanging on for dear life at the end, Rhodes & Bentley.

COYB

I reckon the last month or two have shown why PL clubs have stayed clear of Rhodes. it.s a strange thing to say and is open to ridicule, but Rhodes is one of the reasons that "the team" is pretty blunt and doesn't score enough goals. we spend much of the game playing the ball forwards and watching it rebound like we're playing "wall". if we play him up front on his own, we have no penetration at all and if we push someone else up with him, we get mullered in midfield.

let's see how things work out tomorrow, but it is a problem that sooner or later the manager is going to have to seriously look at.

I reckon the last month or two have shown why PL clubs have stayed clear of Rhodes. it.s a strange thing to say and is open to ridicule, but Rhodes is one of the reasons that "the team" is pretty blunt and doesn't score enough goals. we spend much of the game playing the ball forwards and watching it rebound like we're playing "wall". if we play him up front on his own, we have no penetration at all and if we push someone else up with him, we get mullered in midfield.

let's see how things work out tomorrow, but it is a problem that sooner or later the manager is going to have to seriously look at.

No ridicule from me Den, have been saying the same for weeks even when Rhodes was scoring. The lesser of the two is playing him upfront alone. At least we have numbers in midfield. Playing 4.4.2 cost MA his job. I hope we have learnt something.

Can't wait to get this game out of the way. Just a question of whether we can record a win in March I guess.

Can't wait to get this season out of the way, actually. It's been horrendous, but next season doesn't promise anything better, and in fact could be a lot worse. So what's the bloody point?

Sick of it all.

Can't wait to get this game out of the way. Just a question of whether we can record a win in March I guess.

Can't wait to get this season out of the way, actually. It's been horrendous, but next season doesn't promise anything better, and in fact could be a lot worse. So what's the bloody point?

Sick of it all.

im looking forward to tomorrow to support my team and more importantly, next season with a new experienced manager with funds (again) to back him!....oh and staying unbeaten for the 35th year.

Archived