BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticketing Structure

Okay, im trying to get a few ideas to our local PR team who represent Ajax CT in terms of ways to get fans from the Cape Town area back to the stadium. Its very much a rugby and cricket city, as most of you would see from watching the Super 15 rugby that Newlands is always packed.

I know Ewood is basically empty these days(we know why), but if you were an owner, what would you say would be the best way to attract fans. Family packages? Free Merchandise, lower ticket prices etc etc

The cheapest ticket here for a professional game, is roughly 3 pounds(i think its something like 13 rand to the pound at the moment).

on average for a normal game(not against one of the big 3 teams), we average around 3000 to 8000 people at the Cape Town stadium(World Cup stadium) which holds about 75 000 people. this i think was reduced recently to about 45 000 to 55 000.

At the moment, Ajax is not doing well, and the situation is very much similar to Rovers, apart from we dont have Venkys as owners.

I think its time i get involved again in our local football teams.

all suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Rovers have barely done anything this season re matchday ticketing prices to encourage fans to come to Ewood. They may have had a 1000 tickets at 10 each for the Birmingham game a few months ago, although it wasn't particularly publicised. Other than the Bolton 15 pound tickets, that's it.

In recent seasons, Rovers have had some really good deals on, ie £20 for 2 or 3 consecutive games. Resulted in some big crowds. Even last season they had similar packages. I think the Wigan relegation game was one such example; despite imminent relegation and sky tv there were circa 26,000 there.

This season there hasn't been anything of the sort. Strange really considering the low crowds.

The club are considerably more restricted in what they can do with ticket promotions in the Championship than they were in the Premier League, due to rather bizarre restrictions by the Football League. They are only allowed to offer promotions at 4 games a season - they have done so at Birmingham, Cardiff and Leeds with one more game to be chosen.

The club are considerably more restricted in what they can do with ticket promotions in the Championship than they were in the Premier League, due to rather bizarre restrictions by the Football League. They are only allowed to offer promotions at 4 games a season - they have done so at Birmingham, Cardiff and Leeds with one more game to be chosen.

I didn't know that! Which leads onto the next question....why?

Maj, the tickets are basically given away for free to kids and schools. Dont think thats the problem, its more the adults who are staying away. Once they dont attend, well then the kids basically dont go either. Also, the stadium is not like in the UK, where you can basically walk out of your front door, and into the stadium, its for many people a distance to get to.

Ill have a word with the club, and see if this has been discussed. I would assume it has, but will check. Im still trying to figure out why some clubs, have stadiums packed every game, yet win nothing etc. are these just passionate fans who enjoy a game, in the hope that they will do well. Or are these clubs just offering those fans some good incentives to attend? The Bundesliga seem like its well attended by almost every club

Archived