BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savvvile Case

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Je Jure elle a qu'elle avait seize ans. Le singe est dans l'abre. As the French would say [according to google translate].

As someone who once had the misfortune to spend an evening with Stuart Hall at a charity ball, I am not remotely surprised. He was there as the compere (paid) and we had to eventually stop him. His behaviour was exceedingly embarrassing, particularly to any attractive young women.

Wilmslow must be crawling with nonces.

I was shocked to see a list of sex offenders the other night on ITV, i then realised it was the closing credits for Coronation Street.

Can't do with any under age stuff .... thats for sicko's.... but I do have some sympathy with 'stars' who were targetted by teenage groupies. Difficult to tell the difference between 15-18 year old girls many of whom lied about their age anyway! There must be loads of old rock stars who are glancing nervously over their shoulders right now. Thing is the late 60's early 70's was the age of the pill where sexual behaviour was liberated and without responsibility for the first time in history! Casual sex became normal behaviour. Attitudes have regressed since Aids became 'popular'.

I'm not excusing sex with minors but overactive sexual desires are not a crime. A man can sleep with a thousand women (or men :wacko: ) in as many days as long as they are consenting and appear to be over the age of consent. Back then no one carried ID and I doubt any was asked for. Promiscuity was the norm and they weren't christened the swinging sixties and sizzling seventies for nothing.

Just as an aside if they transfer Operation Yew Tree to Italy I doubt there will be any males still walking the streets!

Guest Norbert

So, those accused and/or charged are Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, 'Ken Barlow', that other bloke from Corrie, Jim Davidson and DLT. Quite a list there. You wonder who is next on the list, and if some unscrupulous bookies are offering odds!

And I'd never have Gordon down as one who'd be up for banging a 'barely legal' girl as long as she had a nice pair of knockers and looked old enough! At least that's how it came across.

Gives a brand new twist to smoking that roach down.

So, those accused and/or charged are Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, 'Ken Barlow', that other bloke from Corrie, Jim Davidson and DLT. Quite a list there. You wonder who is next on the list, and if some unscrupulous bookies are offering odds!

And I'd never have Gordon down as one who'd be up for banging a 'barely legal' girl as long as she had a nice pair of knockers and looked old enough! At least that's how it came across.

Naughty.

Guest Norbert

I doubt that's what Gordon meant, but it did come across a bit shifty to me when I read that message. I do agree with him though that it probably is/was difficult to fend off all the young ladies who threw themselves at you because you're famous (not a problem I've ever had), and a few of them probably were14/15 but looked 19. There probably are probably quite a few from that era thinking "Oh no, I do wonder if......".

"And I'd never have Gordon down as one who'd be up for banging a 'barely legal' girl as long as she had a nice pair of knockers and looked old enough! At least that's how it came across."

Crikey...... Back then I'd have gone down on a hairdressers floor! ^_^

Isn't DLT about groping adult women? Not condoning it by any means, but not as vile as what some of the others are accused of.

I'm still of the opinion that these cases shouldn't be in the public eye, until guilt is proven / admitted.

Puzzled at how in Stuart Halls case he admitted guilt 10+ days ago, but the newspapers were not allowed to publish until yesterday, unless it was a request of the victims.

It seems to me that a lot of celebrities are being targeted from the sixties (or thereabouts). I think, as Drog rightly pointed out, that the prevailing culture of the time has to be taken into account. I don't know the full story behind the accusation but it would not be unreasonable to suggest that a 15 year-old jailbait happened to catch his eye (or vice-versa) and, being the swinging sixties, Mr. Roache didn't bother to confirm her date of birth or she just plain lied to him (as many young girls did back then). If that was the case, then he isn't in the same league of depravity as Saville, who was actively preying on underage (and in some cases, sick and disabled) children. And I often find myself raising an eyebrow when someone decides to come out with something like this 40+ years after the fact.

What I'd like to know is what's being done to uncover the pedo rings being run in the upper echelons of our society? **** all would be my guess.

According to the The Independent -03/05/13-the Hall case had no connection with Saville.

Encouraged by the coming to light of so many things that Saville got away with,a reader sent in a letter to a journalist about her experiences with Hall.

The journalist went to her local police station, waited around for a couple of hours to hand in the letter and was doubtful anything would result from her actions because of the apparent lack of interest shown there.

However, the letter was forwarded to Lancs Police who contacted the journalist and the rest is history.

Without this letter there would not have been an investigation into Hall.

Guest Norbert

It seems like every well known person has been up to no good!

If the various accusations are true, it is good that the victims have found the courage to report it.

Archived