BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

Guest Norbert

You mean Shebby Singh?

I think Bellamy will be bang on form to cause a load of problems. We're on the way down I'm afraid.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardiff are hardly giants. Poor lookout if we consider them that.

However, 11 players putting in some effort would be nice to see.

Hard to tell with Rovers how this will go. Given Cardiff's edginess and poor performances of late, you think we have a good shout. But given we've not performed well for quite a while either, who knows how it will go.

Will plump for a score draw with both teams happy to keep their points total ticking over. 1-1 Rhodes (who else) for us.

How far have we fallen when Cardiff are viewed as 'giants'

Can agree with your sentiment, but considering Cardiff are all but a Premiership team and we're still looking over our shoulders at relegation in the Championship, you can see why we'd consider them so, to an extent. Especially so when considering there are sides in this league who, at the beginning of the season, would have viewed us as a giant and now would expect a win against us.

Nevertheless, a sad state of affairs.

Still can't shake off the insanely optimistic view that we're going to win today. It's the hope that kills you.

2-1 Rovers.

Even if we can maintain our unbeaten streak under Bowyer that will do quite nicely. The important thing is to keep the scoreboard ticking over most weeks avoiding defeat with a couple of wins thrown in somewhere along the way.

Isn't it a demonstration of the way in which mismanagement of this once-great club has induced apathy in us all that, with only 50 minutes to kick-off, I'm posting this on page 2 of darrenrover's excellent preview?

I've completely lost interest in the remainder of the season; just hope we get enough points to keep us in the Championship but won't be surprised if we don't. Having said that, I am, as I've often said on here, a glass-half-full fan, and wouldn't be surprised if we pick up at least one of the points we need to avoid relegation this afternoon.

It's a very poor comparison to make between Arsenal and Cardiff, Arsenal are one of the best teams in the Premiership, Cardiff are a relatively ordinary side in the Championship. There is no comparison.

Gerald made the comparison post match on Friday in an interview with Lee Wiliamson. Williamson correctly pointed out we shouldn't be afraid of any teams in this division.

• Moderation Lead

It's a very poor comparison to make between Arsenal and Cardiff, Arsenal are one of the best teams in the Premiership, Cardiff are a relatively ordinary side in the Championship. There is no comparison.

Gerald made the comparison post match on Friday in an interview with Lee Wiliamson. Williamson correctly pointed out we shouldn't be afraid of any teams in this division.

Is this the same Cardiff that are top of the league, have been for most of the season, and hammered us at Ewood??

Rhodes not in the starting 11

No Williamson, King or Lowe in the 16. Are we forfeiting this match again?

????

Revise previous prediction.

I guess we had to do without Rhodes at some point. It would be surprising if he played every single game without getting injured.

King and Lowe out, no loss whatsoever imo.

Rhodes not in the starting 11

No Williamson, King or Lowe in the 16. Are we forfeiting this match again?

of couse there is no rhodes, we are going for the 1-10-0-0 formation, keep the score down, this will be the rhodes to nowhere

Is this the same Cardiff that are top of the league, have been for most of the season, and hammered us at Ewood??

Yep, the one that also just got beaten by Peterbrough and who are on an indifferent run of form themselves in the Championship. Ridiculous to compare them to Arsenal.

Archived