BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appleton was awful and his record proves it. I am at a loss why you continually champion a loser like Appleton given the short shrift that you allowed Allardyce and the criticism which you directed at him. Should Appleton even dream that he could ever rival Allardyce as a football manager he'd better wake up and apologise. If I rem correctly you were very welcoming to the Slumdogs too.

Simple rules of football Gordon, if you change your manager seemingly week in week out you'll get relegated, its been proven time and time again.

Appleton was a bad appointment, but in my opinion was our last chance of survival this season, but you wanted Bowyer to be given a chance so we’ll see how he gets on.

The sums of money the Venkys are bleeding are extraordinary. This has to stop at some point in time. The Trust spent £3m per year loss. Venkys prob some £12-15m. Randy Lerner, Ellis Short have turned off the taps. When will the Venkys?

If they do it whilst the plug is out of the bath it's Bye Bye Blackburn.

Excellent (not a glory hunter)

Very commendable but a losers attitude I'm afraid neophox. It'd be much better all around if the club could attract 32000w glory hunters every home match. One man and his dog only willing to pay half price is worthless I'm afraid.

Simple rules of football Gordon, if you change your manager seemingly week in week out you'll get relegated, its been proven time and time again.

Appleton was a bad appointment, but in my opinion was our last chance of survival this season, but you wanted Bowyer to be given a chance so we’ll see how he gets on.

Wrong I wanted a proper manager like Hughes or Allardyce but that boat had sailed out of Ewood long ago. After the evil Kean and the hapless Berg Bowyer seemed to have steadied the ship, was setting the team up better and was also unbeaten so who wouldn't choose to stick at that stage? Maybe if a proper manager had been found I'd have held a different opinion but to replace an unproven but unbeaten coach with another unproven coach was just stupid at that time.

Once Appleton had settled in and imposed his dated thinking and tactics on the team the writing was on the wall. 4-2-4 v Millwall with the middle two being the aged and in one case infirm MGP and Dunne was just suicidal. Surely Gav you have watched enough football to judge whether a manager is a dud or not? Then again maybe not cos you've been consistent in backing the wrong horse in respect of managers for years.

eerily reminiscent of our 3-0 shambles away at Swansea last season, which happened roughly at the same point of the season.

As then, we look like a team that isn't going to win again this season and the players don't appear to care. 8-9 points fromn the remaining 7 games should be sufficient to keep us up but I have no faith we're going to manage it.

5,000 gates and Stevenage and Crawley will be on the menu next season.

I am sitting here crying.

This is so bad.

Superb.

I didn't even know this game was scheduled / had happened until I checked the website a few minutes ago.

The one good thing that's come out of this Walker Trust / Venkys business is that I've finally realised how ridiculous it is for a grown man to get upset about a professional sports team.

Many people put their Heart and Soul into supporting their local club M-K,generations of family members are 'bonded' by the club.Nobody in Blackburn wants to see this proud,historic old institution go to the wall as its all this backwater ex Mill town has left to shout about believe me!

What is happing here is scandalous.

Many people put their Heart and Soul into supporting their local club M-K,generations of family members are 'bonded' by the club.Nobody in Blackburn wants to see this proud,historic old institution go to the wall as its all this backwater ex Mill town has left to shout about believe me!

What is happing here is scandalous.

Hey, I was one of them! Howard Kendall was player manager at my first game, and I thought it was great.

I'm very sorry for all the people to whom it still means a great deal, and I hope the club bounces back some day.

I live in Bath now, which is a rugby town. They've got a pretty good team - they were European champions the year I moved here - but I don't watch rugby, and the only way I even know if there's a game on is if there's a bigger than normal queue at Waitrose. It just sort of exists on the periphery of my consciousness, much like football does these days.

Wrong I wanted a proper manager like Hughes or Allardyce but that boat had sailed out of Ewood long ago. After the evil Kean and the hapless Berg Bowyer seemed to have steadied the ship, was setting the team up better and was also unbeaten so who wouldn't choose to stick at that stage? Maybe if a proper manager had been found I'd have held a different opinion but to replace an unproven but unbeaten coach with another unproven coach was just stupid at that time.

Once Appleton had settled in and imposed his dated thinking and tactics on the team the writing was on the wall. 4-2-4 v Millwall with the middle two being the aged and in one case infirm MGP and Dunne was just suicidal. Surely Gav you have watched enough football to judge whether a manager is a dud or not? Then again maybe not cos you've been consistent in backing the wrong horse in respect of managers for years.

Bowyer was never going to be the right man for the job, neither was Berg, Kean or Appleton, but at such a late stage in the season to change the manager was absolute suicide in my opinion. If ever a club needed a bit of stability it was us, but no they went and bleedin sacked him and we’ll probably go down as a result, but I do take on board that we could well have gone down anyway leaving Appleton in charge.

As for the snipe at me backing the wrong horses, I support my team Gordon, that’s what supporters do, until they see fit as to not support them any longer. Far too many people on here have no idea what being a football supporter is all about, but that’s another story.

Venkys are the scum of the earth and remove them from the equation we certainly wouldn't be in this mess but and its a big but, I cannot help but think the players get off so lightly.

I think even if we had SAF in charge with Mourinho and Del Bosque as his wing men wouldn't get this bunch singing off the same hymn sheet. We concede the same awful goals week on week, we create no chances week in week out, as fans we sat there and said "Rhodes can't play up front on his own, we need to play 4-4-2" then unbelievably we ended up playing even worse when we went to 4-4-2! We have gone the whole season and to my knowledge only played well for 90 minutes once, I don't think I'm being harsh there either. If you are feeling kind you could probably add maybe two 45 minute performances vs Leeds and Forest, we have been in relegation form for the vast majority of the season so we cannot be shocked it has come to this, we just got extremely lucky early on in the season when you think back to games we won at home like Hull, Barnsley and Sheff Weds we got absolutely battered!

The players talk about liking Bowyer but with the attitude of the vast majority of them you could see they like him as he will give them an easy ride. I cannot see us winning another game this season and it will all be without a fight as the players will just think I will get a move in the summer no problems ... I think they are in for a big shock!!

And just to add I was appalled by the lack of discipline from some of our players yesterday. Most of the free kicks we conceded were petty and avoidable but the likes of Kazim Richards and Best just seemed to want to give away cheap free-kicks. And the back chat to the referee was apparent. I wouldn't envy any manager coming in to work with this bunch of egotistcal under achievers.

Andy Bayes @AndyBayes 7m

Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Jake Kean has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. #rovers

Thank God we've got Polands 3rd choice keeper that was bought by a Malaysian TV pundit that doesn't interfere with team selection :wacko:

From an optimistic view, I wonder about the 'forfeit' too. As well as rest for the better players, I wondered (and hoped) if Bowyer was putting a few in last chance saloon too - show me some heart or you won't be playing for this club again. It's the hope that kills though.

Dangerous game at this stage of the season. Realistically, we haven't got 11 who are willing to put a shift in and avoid the trapdoor.

Andy Bayes @AndyBayes 7m

Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Jake Kean has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. #rovers

FFS!

And who's waiting in the wings........ a man who's so good, even the picture on his wikipedia page is of him trudging back towards goal to pick the ball out of the net!! Brilliant, just @#/? brilliant!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grzegorz_Sandomierski

FFS!

And who's waiting in the wings........ a man who's so good, even the picture on his wikipedia page is of him trudging back towards goal to pick the ball out of the net!! Brilliant, just @#/? brilliant!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grzegorz_Sandomierski

Now hang on windymiller, just who were you expecting to sign as 3rd choice keeper for a Championship club?

If you see this as a problem did you mention it at the time?

Now hang on windymiller, just who were you expecting to sign as 3rd choice keeper for a Championship club?

If you see this as a problem did you mention it at the time?

Tbf we have a 1st choice keeper who could play rather than our 3rd choice, but bog knows where he is!

• Moderation Lead

I hope someone is keeping an eye on Parsonblue. Having to write reports about this rubbish every week must be soul destroying.

I suppose it can't be that challenging though, just copy and paste the same report each week and talk about how terrible we've been..... :(

Rovers should design a white mini skirt for when Scot Dann plays his football. No disrespect to the ladies but there are better women footballers in the Rovers ladies team than this one.

Archived